Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
the one sure way to tell is either buy from a reputable dealer or buy them directly from the mod makers, most of the higher end mods sell them directly. you can easily go to somewhere like atmizone, MMvapors or atmomixani and buy them that way. or places like vaperev etc.

as for B&M's or private sellers with some mods it's getting hard to tell.

The Atmizoo Roller is also one of you less expensive original Mechs

IMO still one of the best. have a polished one kicked and a brushed for work, both with rhodium plated 510's and springs.
atmizone's website shows they care too, many articles, videos, parts and help just a click away

Last edited:

mach330

Jun 23, 2013
The OC
So is there a nice mech for $50. Some of those are way above what I can pay.

I have both a real nemi and chi. I got the chi clone for my bro in law. It hits comparably. I also got a nemi clone for my bro and that thing is very good. Better than chi clone. Only thing I didn't like is the button is not as smooth and the engravings are smearing. But that's a great mod for $50.

Tap'd via G-Note2...

whitehawk

Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
washington
I have both a real nemi and chi. I got the chi clone for my bro in law. It hits comparably. I also got a nemi clone for my bro and that thing is very good. Better than chi clone. Only thing I didn't like is the button is not as smooth and the engravings are smearing. But that's a great mod for $50.

Tap'd via G-Note2...

Thanks for letting me know about those two.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
the clones are made from inferior materials and craftsmanship. I promise you will know the difference between a clone and the real deal when its in your hands. They are made to look good in the pictures but up close they just don't compare. I would more classify something that is look alike and branded more of a forgery rather than a clone. If you spend 200+ dollars on a mod it better not have a sticky button or logos that wipe off!

90quattrocoupe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2013
Long Beach, CA
So is there a nice mech for $50. Some of those are way above what I can pay.

You could do it like I did it. I bought my Joyetech eGo-c Twist and a couple of cheap carto tanks from local B&M. A friend steered me right, to begin with. Took me to a couple of shops for tasting. Ended up with 3 juices. I spent weeks reading this forum. Didn't even join for several months, but I wore out the search button.

Then I started my non-cigarette savings account. I used to smoke a carton a week or about $53 a week on cigs. It took me almost two weeks to pay off my first investment. Even with buying a couple of juices a week and buying cartos, I was saving money. When I got ahead, I started looking at what my next device would be. It would need to be both 510 and ego threaded. I wanted to try all the various tanks, clearos, atomizers, etc.

I bought a Sigelei Zmax flat top. Worked well, still does. Then as my savings account grew, I tried the various toppers. I ended up with a couple of Phiniac tanks, a couple of IBT tanks, all XL, a Protank 1 & now II, Davide mini glassomizer, a Dbox Puritank, and a RSST.

Well to make a long story short. I now have a Provari 2.5, with extension cap, and a Atmizoo Roller. I never bought anything until money was in the bank. I took a while, but I figure I have what I need to good vaping. I am sure there is other stuff I will buy, but it will be practical, and they will last a while.

To save more funds, I bought 100ft 32 Kanthal wire for about $9, and 100 ft of 3mm silica wick for about $35. Long term investment. I wire my own coils for the Portank, Davide, Puritank, and the RSST. I have already saved the money I would have spent on replacement Kanger Heads. I am also trying to learn DYI juices. So far I suck. Vapable, but that is about it.

Trust me, in the long run, it will pay to save the funds, and then buy a little better product.

Greg W.

Last edited:

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
to quote j geils "first, I look at the purse"- if your shopping and the first reaction is "wow, that's a lot of money for a metal tub" it's original
if you look at something and think " that's not too bad, I can afford that" it's a clone. of course, that only works with legit businesses-if buying from an individual you're on your own.......

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
You can usually tell by the price and the availability. If you are looking at a mechanical mod and it is under $40 and available from multiple online vendors, it probably is a clone.

Most legit mods and or RBAs are over $100. Many of those are even in the $150 range.

Outside of that, there are indicators, but regardless, you should do some research before buying most vaping gear anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread