Mechanical mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubcake

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2016
Florida Miami
IME mechanical mods are better suited for thinner wire (higher resistance draws less current from a cell)
So don't twist your 26g and do try to get that higher resistance reading
when people lower that resistance they're only sacrificing their cell's capacity for a warmer vape. they won't make it through a whole day on any one cell.
I prefer to not need to carry extras
It comes twisted its pre wired

Reactions: Tomasius74

Cubcake

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2016
Florida Miami
5 out of 6 russian roulette players swear its safe.

Playing fast and loose with mechs will eventually catch up with you.

Remember this is a battery sealed in a pipe (pipe bomb) that you are sticking in your mouth.
Smart vapers take the time to understand what they shove in their mouths.
Knowledge is always good advice.

Know your gear.
Vape safe.
not gonna rush I'll learn from him about safety etc thanks for the help anyway

Reactions: Wheelin247

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
not gonna rush I'll learn from him about safety etc thanks for the help anyway

I wouldn't leave your learning up to him. If you value your face and even life, I would read up on it so YOU understand what YOU are doing and how mechs, batteries and coils are all married with a mech and not leave YOUR safety in his hands. At the end of the day if this friend of yours tells you something and you you put it into use and not read up on it and understand it, it's not your buddies face or hand being blown off...it's yours so if you value you digits, hands, face or even life I wouldn't put my trust fully in your friends because earlier in this thread you shared something and mentioned your friend told you that and what he told you wasn't correct. We are just here to inform you and try to help you not be a statistic that makes vaping in general look bad.

If I were you I would read up and UNDERSTAND how ohms law works (I will post a pic in this thread on how I learned ohms law and I keep the pic on my phone in case someone needs it wether on here or if I'm in a local B&M shop and someone needs it so save the pic I'm sending you), read up on battery amps (I'll also include a pic I got from Mooch on here (our own battery guru on ECF) and how a coil builds resistance have to be married to the battery using ohms law to be safe.
0b7a7a55a07192094e7835f744135f53.jpg
951bacc66315bddb0cdc2511475befd6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Hello I want to start using a mech mod any suggestion on any one saw the webside bj box mod

@Cubcake

Please understand that lots of members in ECF are truly experienced vapers and they only want to help! Take their advice about learning as much as you can about cells and ohms law.

Now, regarding your question let me tell you that I started vaping last august and just decided to buy my first mech about a month ago. It is a Broadside Admiral and it's a beautiful mech.

So a 18650 Broadside mod is a good option since it has no hybrid connection and the delrin insulation prevents a short if your battery wrap is damaged.

But the most important safety feature of the Broadside is its owner (as with any other mech) so please understand how mechs work and learn all you can about battery safety.

Here is a chart that will help you to understand Ohms Law.

f598484864bb8a456a17a2106f33ef0a.gif

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Cubcake

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2016
Florida Miami
I wouldn't leave your learning up to him. If you value your face and even life, I would read up on it so YOU understand what YOU are doing and how mechs, batteries and coils are all married with a mech and not leave YOUR safety in his hands. At the end of the day if this friend of yours tells you something and you you put it into use and not read up on it and understand it, it's not your buddies face or hand being blown off...it's yours so if you value you digits, hands, face or even life I wouldn't put my trust fully in your friends because earlier in this thread you shared something and mentioned your friend told you that and what he told you wasn't correct. We are just here to inform you and try to help you not be a statistic that makes vaping in general look bad.

If I were you I would read up and UNDERSTAND how ohms law works (I will post a pic in this thread on how I learned ohms law and I keep the pic on my phone in case someone needs it wether on here or if I'm in a local B&M shop and someone needs it so save the pic I'm sending you), read up on battery amps (I'll also include a pic I got from Mooch on here (our own battery guru on ECF) and how a coil builds resistance have to be married to the battery using ohms law to be safe.
0b7a7a55a07192094e7835f744135f53.jpg
951bacc66315bddb0cdc2511475befd6.png

Why not he's an expert

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Why not he's an expert

That's up to you to trust him or not. If he was a so called "expert", he would have told you that the battery you are running in the mech is not rated for what you said was "30A-40A off of a .18 build". That's a big difference and with these batteries and mechs there isn't a round about number. It's either this or that. Your playing with fire my friend and if I were you I would trust myself not to get burnt and not leave it in someone else's hand. If you say he is an expert and you trust him with your life (and it sounds like that's exactly what you are doing) go for it. I'm wiping my hands here. I and a lot of other people who has chimed in have given you what you need (besides the answer your looking for) to learn about ohms law and if you don't want our help then so be it.

Why don't you talk to your expert friend and have him tell you what mech mod you should get? I mean he is the expert here. Obviously you don't trust us (we must not care about a fellow vaper). You did say he is an expert so he must know a lot more than we do. Have a good day sir and I hope your not the next contestant for the Darwin Award. Good luck!

Cubcake

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2016
Florida Miami
That's up to you to trust him or not. If he was a so called "expert", he would have told you that the battery you are running in the mech is not rated for what you said was "30A-40A off of a .18 build". That's a big difference and with these batteries and mechs there isn't a round about number. It's either this or that. Your playing with fire my friend and if I were you I would trust myself not to get burnt and not leave it in someone else's hand. If you say he is an expert and you trust him with your life (and it sounds like that's exactly what you are doing) go for it. I'm wiping my hands here. I and a lot of other people who has chimed in have given you what you need (besides the answer your looking for) to learn about ohms law and if you don't want our help then so be it.

Why don't you talk to your expert friend and have him tell you what mech mod you should get? I mean he is the expert here. Obviously you don't trust us (we must not care about a fellow vaper). You did say he is an expert so he must know a lot more than we do. Have a good day sir and I hope your not the next contestant for the Darwin Award. Good luck!

:)

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Why not he's an expert

If he advised you to use that atty, with that mod, he is far from an expert.

"Doing what an 'expert' does" without understanding what you are actually doing can get you hurt when using mechanical mods.

Why people resist learning how to use their gear properly baffles me.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
If he advised you to use that atty, with that mod, he is far from an expert.

"Doing what an 'expert' does" without understanding what you are actually doing can get you hurt when using mechanical mods.

Why people resist learning how to use their gear properly baffles me.

Yeah I don't understand it either. I agree that if the expert told him to use that with his batteries he wasn't much of an expert.

Multiple people including myself gave the OP what he needed to figure it out himself w/o giving him the answer and he seemed like he didn't want to take our advise and learn what he needs so if we see on the 6:00 news that someone blew up their face and hand we will know what happened.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
PS, you don't have to "know" ohms law. You just need to know how to use a calculator.
Plug in 4.2 for volts, and .18 for resistance, and it will tell you the amp draw.

Ohm's law | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Your right but I wouldn't tell someone to start using a mech unless the understand ohms law. For people who don't know ohms law and sees these numbers they don't know what they mean you may as well tell them to read a book in Japanese. Highly recommended to learn ohms law so they will understand the marriage between the coils and battery amp draw.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Multiple people including myself gave the OP what he needed to figure it out himself w/o giving him the answer and he seemed like he didn't want to take our advise and learn what he needs so if we see on the 6:00 news that someone blew up their face and hand we will know what happened.

I say, :censored: it! Let him get a mech mod! Been awhile since a good vape explosion made the news :pop:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
You don't need to be able to do the math in your head.

You DO need to understand how ohm's law relates to vaping and battery use/safety.

Yeah...anybody can use a calculator. Not everybody who vapes knows ohms law and the latter is a must-need-to-know when using mechs.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
The saying "are you blind or refuse to see " comes to mind , also "casting pearls to swine " I have been vaping a long time and there is not a day that goes by that I don't learn something new from reading answers /advice from ecf members. .....one more saying:), "a person has to have a teachable spirit "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread