Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
No problem :)
Its going to be a bit hard to figure out which ones at this time because not many modders/ manufacturers are making them. Most that are "favorites" are oldies. Some are real oldies and not made anymore.

Like all things, mechs are always going to come and go as popularity goes. Like the old saying, some like automatic transmissions , but there are always those that love that "stick"

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
My favorite mech by far is the Stingray X, you can pick up a clone for about $20. Copper core, stainless steel sleeve floating 510 pin and beautiful as hell. I swapped out the magnets in my switch for a spring.

62C1R4B.jpg

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
My favorite mech by far is the Stingray X, you can pick up a clone for about $20. Copper core, stainless steel sleeve floating 510 pin and beautiful as hell. I swapped out the magnets in my switch for a spring.

62C1R4B.jpg

I see you are not a fan of magnets either.

I have replaced all magnets for springs on the few I got.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I ve one. semi mech with with top side switch/ button. I really , really like it, comfortable, but, its a semi mech. It has some sort of circuitry and fear that someday it will stop working and then what?

I hope it can be adapted to full mech or something replaced?

I hear side button mechs are a bit more difficult to maintain? Bit more fiddly if not put back together just right.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I ve one. semi mech with with top side switch/ button. I really , really like it, comfortable, but, its a semi mech. It has some sort of circuitry and fear that someday it will stop working and then what?

I hope it can be adapted to full mech or something replaced?

I hear side button mechs are a bit more difficult to maintain? Bit more fiddly if not put back together just right.

That wouldn't by any chance be a Silver Bullet would it?
I just had to sell my two SuperT Work Horse bottom buttons because it was getting to awkward and uncomfortable for my arthritic hands to use. So now everything I have is a top button, which I've always liked better anyway.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Hey Everyone!

For those who are currently vaping with Mechanical Mods, what kind of Mechanical Mod(s) are you using?

Poldiac Uma Classic, Poldiac Freddy Classic, Poldiac Aname Sleek, Poldiac Miriam WTH. If you like top side button mechs, they are pretty hard to beat.

Last edited:

Wookie1

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
Lancaster, CA
www.avejuice.com
No problem :)
Its going to be a bit hard to figure out which ones at this time because not many modders/ manufacturers are making them. Most that are "favorites" are oldies. Some are real oldies and not made anymore.

Like all things, mechs are always going to come and go as popularity goes. Like the old saying, some like automatic transmissions , but there are always those that love that "stick"

Thank you! That makes a lot of sense, I appreciate your response :)

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Ah, the Gizmo, I have heard of it. Can you put a genny in it? Will it take 18650 batteries?

For 18650 you can get an "extender" for it. Using a genie in it shouldn't be a problem with the Gizmo24 for atomizers of 23mm or less. Mine is an 18500, and with a KFL in it, it is pretty heavy. I would imagine that with the extender, it would be pretty bulky and heavier.

Gizmo® 24 v2

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
That wouldn't by any chance be a Silver Bullet would it?
I just had to sell my two SuperT Work Horse bottom buttons because it was getting to awkward and uncomfortable for my arthritic hands to use. So now everything I have is a top button, which I've always liked better anyway.

Nope, Its a Scarab/ Scarabeus by the guys that make the Taifun atties. ITs real nice, performs great. I got it very well used, and did not have high hopes for it, but a bit of cleaning and wow, works great.

Its very kind to my bad hands. But if you have hand issues you cant beat the old PAPs 2.5 for an almost touch fire bottom switch. Love it.

Here is the Skarab
6db91b34-815e-4e68-8db3-d80c18583ce9_zpszrwg2obu.jpg

here is PAPS 2.5 switch
6de9fa53-49c8-4c2c-8f4d-6ff1625638ba_zpsgfmvnvyn.jpg

Reactions: oplholik

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
From Imeo /Golden Greek

Esterigon (21mm)
Esterigon4.jpg

Or just get a REO. :pervy:

Cheers
I

I do like the new GGs, so much sleeker and simple looking.

I never got any GG mod because I read a lot about maintenence and kept reading and came to the conclusion they were good, but fiddly when it came to taking them apart and getting them back together just right or they had problems. I have very bad hands and have trouble screwing things back on tightly.

I also was not fond of all the logos. I like simple so that I can use most atties without conflict.

Yeah, made an exception with the Scarab, I love beetles and for having that design, it still is a pretty simple look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread