Mechlyfe - Paramour SBS Mod dimly lit display

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
@ShowMeTwice - You have one of these, don't you? I think so (but am not sure). I never made the jump and thought you might be able to assist. :)

Yes, I do have one. It's a nice little SBS.

@Led Hendriani, looking at mine now, there isn't a setting to adjust the display brightness. The settings menu is pretty generic.

My suggestion would be to check the screen connector to the logic board. Perhaps it got loose?

When you open it up, check all the connections. Make sure all the solder points are solid.

Good luck!!! :)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    So were you ever able to fix or at least find the problem?

The info can barely be seen!
    Any ideas as to what to look for when I open it up?

I read the instructions and there is not an option to change how bright the display is. It otherwise works like it should...

Thanks!

Led Hendriani

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 22, 2009
    Northern California
    No
    When I took it apart all seemed solid and especially no eliquid was in there... must be something compromised on the board...
    I am just grateful I somehow managed to get the 1 medium and 2 small buttons to lay in there correctly and put it back together and will just use it at home where I can faintly see the screen since I can't see anything once outside! Was going to buy various other units but there is always a compromise... I will not buy any unit that only fires for 8 seconds is the latest....

It is a shame since it has been my favorite sbs...

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I've had screen dimming happen on two different mods. Pico and BB. Both cases it was a screen problem. I was able to replace the screen on the BB, the new screen plugged into a socket on the board. Tried on the Pico but the screen was soldered to the board and there was no way to solder in a new one.

I'm not familiar with your mod. If it's a plug in type you might be able to pick up a new screen and replace it.

• Informative
    Reactions: Tor R

Users who are viewing this thread