Melo 2 RTA coil build (.3ohm 2-26ga. Nichrome twisted )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
I could not find any help for a .25 to .35 ohm single coil Nichrome 80 build. I wanted this for the Melo 2 rba coil.
After much trail and era, ( lots more era..) I finely found what I wanted, and figured to share.
IMO, Nichrome 80 heats up quickly and the flavor seems much nicer than Kanthal.
.3ohm Nichrome 80 Build (19).jpg

You can see the 2-26ga. twisted NiCr wire in the back. ( Made by using a drill and screw driver on a 3 foot piece. ) Twists up fast.
.3ohm Nichrome 80 Build (14).jpg

The coil in place in the Melo 2 rba coil housing.( Not so pretty, But I like it.) And the 2.5 mm coil allows for great air flow around the coil & cotton.
.3ohm Nichrome 80 Build (13).jpg

The istick TC 60 showing .25 build.
.3ohm Nichrome 80 Build (11).jpg

Figured to throw this pic in. ( Some of the rubber insolaters that come with the rebuildable coil are pretty crappy. Watch you don't tear it when pushing the positive post in.
.3ohm Nichrome 80 Build (10).jpg .3ohm Nichrome 80 Build (9).jpg I'm not a huge fan of burning the coils. I clean the wire with 90% alcohol. And if I'm getting a good ohm reading, I just go for the wicking.
For this post, I lit it up.
.3ohm Nichrome 80 Build (7).jpg

I cant stress how important it is to wick it just right. Too much, and my high VG juice don't get in. Too little, and I'm wearing the juice. I like to go thin on the cotton, ( No special cotton, just down south grown, ( I'm guessing on that .)) Then lightly push it in to the coil.
When I put the to coil shell on, I trim the cotton 1/8" from coil and fluff it a bit. Soak it with juice and make sure it fills the juice port holes just right.
.3ohm Nichrome 80 Build (4).jpg

Finish up on my old Dovpo 50. On this its reading .3 ohm. The Dovpo don't read ohms in the hundreds, so rounded this up to .3 ohm.
Running 31w on this coil gets a nice hit. 65% clouds ( compared to a Smoke Baby Beast.)
And the flavor is ohhhh sooooo good...
Hope this was helpful. And you didn't have to listen to 38 minutes of some You tuber who loves to hear himself ramble on,,,, only to watch it and find out,,,, That's not what I was looking for....
As Always,, Vape On>>>>>>>>

Last edited:
Reactions: BackDoc

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
1 hour update: this coil is really hitting the flavor and clouds.
I've read that the Clapton coil allows the juice to have more surface for better cloud production, and I didn't care for the stock Clapton's that came with the Smoke Baby Beast RBA . But this twisted Nichrome coil is definitely working fine. And you don't need to ramp up the wattage Like I need to do in the Baby Beast. ( My old batteries will not need to be changed out every 1/2 hour from non stop vaping..)

Last edited:
Reactions: BackDoc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread