Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
Carolinas
Using a eGo T style 1,000 mah battery with clear 510 cartos (link below) and a cone. Was sitting on the couch vaping, watching tv, with my PV laying in my lap, saw a whif of vapor rising, looked down to see vapor coming out of the eGo, picked it up, it was vaping by itself! I quickly hit the manual battery button, it stopped cooking the carto, but the carto was so hot that I couldnt get the metal cone to slip up and over the plastic carto (which sticks out beyond the end of the cone about an inch), it had gotten so hot that it swelled up. Had to tear up the carto to get the cone to slip over the end of the carto. I didnt notice if the manual button led was on or not. I love these clear cartos, you can see how much juice remains, they vape like crazy and produce a lot of flavor, especialy on strawberry cream cheese juice (85/15) and they have a good / short draw vs amount of vapor produced. I thought it was a freak thing, went and loaded up another of the same carto with the same juice, went back to watching TV and vaping. The the same thing happened again a few vapes later! This time I didnt notice it was happening until I started a vap draw, the darn thing was so hot it blistered my lips! I can't believe there is anything wrong with the cartos, they do what they are suppossed to do when battery power is applied, has to be the battery / manual switch. I had to destroy another clear carto to get the cone over it. Inspecting the battery and switch, I pressed the switch once and the light blinked at me which indicated it needed charging. I guess so after cooking two clear cartos :evil:. The battery had just been fully charged two hours before this. I plugged battery into the charger, went and got my back up battery, loaded it up with clear carto number 3 and been vaping all day with no issues. Just checked the (culprit) battery, its fully charged now but I'm afraid to use it. Any feedback on this? :blink:

http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/products/Clear-Cartomizer-(Clear-No%2dDesign)-5%2dPack.html

Last edited:

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
My guess is the board in it is starting to fry. I have a Buzz that started coming on by itself. Turned out the PCB had gone up. Got it fixed without anymore problems.

Junk the battery IMO. It's cheaper to replace than all the tanks and eventually atty's that you're going through with it.

I'd dispose of the battery and not screw around with it if its not working properly. The chance of personal injury and/or an unwanted fire that one time your not watching it leaves the potential risks not being worth the price of another battery.
I agree completely. Batteries are cheap enough that it just isn't worth the risk of injury

JewelzBagz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
AZ
I have an ego 1000mah also that's only a few days old. I have had the button stick twice so far. Luckily I was able to hear the gurgling noise that alerted me it was on, so no major damage done. But now I'm pretty concerned after reading your posts. I got mine from a different supplier, but am already having a dead 510 battery replaced from the same order the ego came from. I'm afraid if I ask for this batt to be replaced he'll think I'm trying to screw him. It's kind of disheartening to spend a 170 bucks with a vendor and have issues with two of the batteries.:(

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I have an ego 1000mah also that's only a few days old. I have had the button stick twice so far. Luckily I was able to hear the gurgling noise that alerted me it was on, so no major damage done. But now I'm pretty concerned after reading your posts. I got mine from a different supplier, but am already having a dead 510 battery replaced from the same order the ego came from. I'm afraid if I ask for this batt to be replaced he'll think I'm trying to screw him. It's kind of disheartening to spend a 170 bucks with a vendor and have issues with two of the batteries.:(

Problems are problems. I'd shoot them an e-mail and let them know.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I had a battery do this too me once also.

I took a hit and put the PV down to do some typing. All of a sudden I start to smell this burning plastic smell. My first thought was my that my computer was melting down.

I run around to yank the power cord on my PC when I realized that it was my eGo and the plastic eGo Cartomizer was doing a Salvador Dali imitation on my desk.

soft-watch.jpg

I didn't give that battery a second thought as I chucked it in the trash.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I'd dispose of the battery and not screw around with it if its not working properly. The chance of personal injury and/or an unwanted fire that one time your not watching it leaves the potential risks not being worth the price of another battery.

I agree 100%. Throw it away but put it in your outside garbage can in case it fires up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread