Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
Okay, I've seen it one too many times now, in print, or heard it coming from the mouths of video eliquid reviewers. "Men tend to prefer tobacco vapes, while women more often like sweet non-tobacco flavors".

And I've read reviews and seen video reviews of men saying such delightful things as "I'm a fruity guy", "like my sweet flavors", or such exceptional comments as "has just that right combination of graham cracker, marshmallow and tobacco". I just love it. And I love seeing women give positive reviews of tobacco flavors. It's enough to remind me that it's vaping, not smoking, and anybody is allowed to like whatever they like.

I'm a she-vaper and I like all of them, tobacco, dessert flavors, candy flavors, drink flavors. That's how I weigh in.

So is it true? Tobacco eliquids for guys, sweet flavors for girls? How do you weigh in?

As an aside, off topic, there was a long article in my local paper today about how ecigarettes are booming. The print articles are so alike. They all have a few lines about the growth of ecigarette sales, followed by the same old barrage of questions. Is vaping safe? Is it safe to inhale vaporized nicotine? Can it cause cancer? Always, in every single article, the (so called) reporter will go on to say that the FDA has even found some dangerous chemicals in the eliquids that are inhaled. OMFG give me a break or just let me die in peace! Is every GDSOB journalist the paid shill of politicians drooling over potential vape taxes?

Sane Asylum

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
Maryland, USA
I'm a female and I like the tobacco flavors with a little bit of sweetness. I haven't cared for any of the just sweet liquids so far....but that can change.

Vaping is definitely not smoking. When you smoke, you had your 'brand' and that was it. At least, that is what I think most smokers would tell you. Vaping is so different. Most of us want some sort of variety. Most of us seem to want to sample everything that's out there.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
LOL! I don't think the journalists are paid shills (most of them anyway), they are just doing crappy research and believing, like so many people do, that the FDA is the be-all-end-all of our safety and better interests.

I did a little reading on male vs. female taste buds. There isn't a lot of research out there and some articles flat out deny any difference. There was one article by a...chef?researcher? I can't remember her name either lol. It was interesting though and went into how there are more women supertasters than men, and how you can coat your tongue with blue food coloring to see your own buds.

There is a large thread in the DIY room that made me curious. I'm assuming that most of the participants in that thread are male. Dumb of me to assume, I know, but what they taste and what I (female) taste are light worlds apart. So I did a little reading, but at the end of the day it really didn't tell me why. I like all kinds of different vapes too. Shrug.

Baddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Canada
Okay, I've seen it one too many times now, in print, or heard it coming from the mouths of video eliquid reviewers. "Men tend to prefer tobacco vapes, while women more often like sweet non-tobacco flavors".

And I've read reviews and seen video reviews of men saying such delightful things as "I'm a fruity guy", "like my sweet flavors", or such exceptional comments as "has just that right combination of graham cracker, marshmallow and tobacco". I just love it. And I love seeing women give positive reviews of tobacco flavors. It's enough to remind me that it's vaping, not smoking, and anybody is allowed to like whatever they like.

I'm a she-vaper and I like all of them, tobacco, dessert flavors, candy flavors, drink flavors. That's how I weigh in.

So is it true? Tobacco eliquids for guys, sweet flavors for girls? How do you weigh in?

As an aside, off topic, there was a long article in my local paper today about how ecigarettes are booming. The print articles are so alike. They all have a few lines about the growth of ecigarette sales, followed by the same old barrage of questions. Is vaping safe? Is it safe to inhale vaporized nicotine? Can it cause cancer? Always, in every single article, the (so called) reporter will go on to say that the FDA has even found some dangerous chemicals in the eliquids that are inhaled. OMFG give me a break or just let me die in peace! Is every GDSOB journalist the paid shill of politicians drooling over potential vape taxes?

I don’t think that Tobacco vs sweet has a direct relation to male/female.

According to Statistics Canada (where I live) male to female smoking ratio in 2012 is:

Male: 3,335,884 = 56.2%
Female: 2,597,212 = 43.8%
Total: 5,933,095

So statistically, there are typically more male than female smokers. Although this doesn’t necessarily translate to vaping, I would think that the numbers should be similar. Concerning types of e-liquid we do not have any data (that I am aware of) so any assumptions of tobacco vs sweet liquids would be conjecture.

Personally, I will vape whatever tastes good, tobacco or sweet. I have been vaping for some time but I would consider my exposure to different liquids to be limited at best, as I still have not found what I would consider to be an ADV. I like Boba’s Bounty, Grumpy’s Hooch, and Vita Bella from Goodejuice, none of which would I consider to be even close to being an ADV. Although I would not regard any of these juices as sweet, that does not mean that I prefer tobacco over sweet, I simply have not found any sweet juices so far that I really like(although I don’t mind Halo’s new Voodoo liquid which would be considered sweet).

Personally, I think that the current e-liquid on the market leaves much to be desired but that might only be due to my limited exposure to what is available.

There appears to be a far greater percentage of ‘sweet’ liquids currently on the market than there are tobacco liquids. Therefore I would think that the majority of vapers(both male and female) would be vaping these sweet liquids and as there would seem to be a greater percentage of male vapers (by conjecture from smoking statistics) I would assume that there would be more men vaping sweet liquids than women, but I could be wrong!

begonia

Aug 12, 2013
New Jersey USA

<snip>

That actually holds true in this house. DH goes for the stinkiest tobaccos he can find (current favorite is something awful that goes by the name of 'Captain's Pipe'), while I am all about fruits & desserts (butter rum or fluffy cake with coffee and cranapple or blueberry as ADVs).

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
LOL! I don't think the journalists are paid shills (most of them anyway), they are just doing crappy research and believing, like so many people do, that the FDA is the be-all-end-all of our safety and better interests.

I did a little reading on male vs. female taste buds. There isn't a lot of research out there and some articles flat out deny any difference. There was one article by a...chef?researcher? I can't remember her name either lol. It was interesting though and went into how there are more women supertasters than men, and how you can coat your tongue with blue food coloring to see your own buds.

There is a large thread in the DIY room that made me curious. I'm assuming that most of the participants in that thread are male. Dumb of me to assume, I know, but what they taste and what I (female) taste are light worlds apart. So I did a little reading, but at the end of the day it really didn't tell me why. I like all kinds of different vapes too. Shrug.

you can see it on so many dif issue's starting with all the big policies pushed through in the last 5-10 years
the media has become the tool of the gov to tell the public what they should believe

so many times a little research would prove this
so many times I know they don't even believe their own word's

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA

I disagree. That would be like saying that men make terrible chefs because all they like to eat is steak and potatoes. I like a LOT of different flavors, and I seem to be gravitating more towards the sweet/creamy/desserty/chocolatey flavors right now. There ARE a couple of tobacco flavors I like, but there's so much more out there to try. That's like going to a buffet every day and eating only macaroni and cheese, I couldn't do it!

And I've read reviews and seen video reviews of men saying such delightful things as "I'm a fruity guy",

That actually made me giggle like a schoolgirl, lol. :lol:

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Riverside, California, USA
Male. If I vape a sweet flavors too much I get nauseous. I end up vaping more savory flavors than anything else desserts usually. I do like some tobaccos and some fruit flavors. I'm kind of everywhere on what I like, maybe after I get more than a few months under my belt I'll be able to define what I like better.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
you can see it on so many dif issue's starting with all the big policies pushed through in the last 5-10 years
the media has become the tool of the gov to tell the public what they should believe

I have long suspected this, mainstream media as cheerleading team for our multinational corporate owned government.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
"...Grumpy’s Hooch, and Vita Bella from Goodejuice". Thanks Baddog. Two more to add to my must-try list.

Today I read that when you see "natural vanilla flavoring" as an ingredient in foods, it will likely be castoreum, secreted by a gland in the anus of a beaver. The article went on to say that there is no real health issue in it, because beavers are not a bred animal. I don't get that. Do the foodologists go into the wild, capture beavers, squeeze their vanilla glands, release the beavers and go back to the vanilla factory with their bottles of castoreum?

Anyway, it made me wonder if we're vaping castoreum in the vanilla eliquids.

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
"...Grumpy’s Hooch, and Vita Bella from Goodejuice". Thanks Baddog. Two more to add to my must-try list.

Today I read that when you see "natural vanilla flavoring" as an ingredient in foods, it will likely be castoreum, secreted by a gland in the anus of a beaver. The article went on to say that there is no real health issue in it, because beavers are not a bred animal. I don't get that. Do the foodologists go into the wild, capture beavers, squeeze their vanilla glands, release the beavers and go back to the vanilla factory with their bottles of castoreum?

I guess so!

Today I saw a truck for a company that specialized in "Banana ripening".
I wonder how that started.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ

This is one case where I'm more than happy to remain ignorant. lalalala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread