Menthol flavour problem!!!!!! Omgoshhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I mixed some juice with TPA menthol liquid flavour...the bottle is plastic from another juice I have bought in past and I see the bottle now and it's no longer clear....!!!!!
Is the menthol liquid like that? Makes it look like the bottle is dimmed??
Or the menthol is somehow desolving the plastic bottle????
HEEEEEELP I AM SCAAAAAAREDDDD!!!!!!!

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Is the juice dark, or the plastic? Got a pic?

It's clear juice it's just the bottle is dim and looks like it's frosen or caramelized...the juices looks ok but that's not normal and I haven't vape it yet and probably won't...just hoped it was normal....I tried take a pic but it's not visible....if nobody ever had this happen then...I guess this juice bottle somehow reacts to the menthol flavour for some reason... :(

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I suppose it's possible, but I really doubt it, unless there was something wrong with the bottle to begin with, or wasn't fully cleaned out before mixing.

It was cleaned very good and also dry very good...I just put the juice into another bottle and.....turns out the juice is what became all white and much thicker...was hard to take it out of the bottle....I am gonna throw it away....wierd tho...I am gonna make a small portion into another bottle I have now different brand and see if same happens and if so then I will try glass bottle....wierd af man

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
I just used another plastic bottle and one glass bottle and I will leave them and see....seems tho like they already kinda change colour...maybe it's that menthol flavouring like that??? We will see
When I mix juice, even unflavored, it becomes cloudy after I shake the bottle. My guess is it's trapped air, and it settles out in time. Maybe you're getting that?

Where did you get your ingredients? You have used the VG, PG, and nic before this with success?

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
When I mix juice, even unflavored, it becomes cloudy after I shake the bottle. My guess is it's trapped air, and it settles out in time. Maybe you're getting that?

Where did you get your ingredients? You have used the VG, PG, and nic before this with success?

I googled a bit and seems that many people get that and they say menthol crystalizes and it's kinds common and they heat it to become normal...I already trew it away tho hahahah....also seems I used very much 5% they all say is overkill Soo maybe that's why the effect was bad... XD

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I googled a bit and seems that many people get that and they say menthol crystalizes and it's kinds common and they heat it to become normal...I already trew it away tho hahahah....also seems I used very much 5% they all say is overkill Soo maybe that's why the effect was bad... XD

Cloudy is Many Times a sign of an Oil Based Flavoring.

And 5% is going to be pretty Face Melting. Unless you are Really into Menthol.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

I agree. Peppermint is the same (at least when used alone). I mixed 2.25% peppermint and it was too much that it tasted and smelled like after shave lotion. No joke. Turns out 0.25% to 0.5% is where it needs to be for me.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Cloudy is Many Times a sign of an Oil Based Flavoring.

Maybe TPA menthol liquid is not sooo good I guess...it's first time I get this and I used to drip once in a full tank and it was strong and ok for me...kinda over powered on some puffs but ok hahahah....I just wanted to make a juice with it and then drip that into the tank with other juice cause I like it but it's not for everyday for me....lesson learned lol

Last edited:
    Reactions: Lio M

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Maybe to menthol liquid is not sooo good I guess...it's first time I get this and I used to drip once in a full tank and it was strong and ok for me...kinda over powered on some puffs but ok hahahah....I just wanted to make a juice with it and then drip that into the tank with other juice cause I like it but it's not for everyday for me....lesson learned lol

I'm Not really a Fan of Menthol. It's OK. But after "Tainting" an RTA after using Menthol in it, figured it just wasn't worth it.

And I ended up giving the RTA away because I couldn't get the Hint of Menthol out of it.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    I'm Not really a Fan of Menthol. It's OK. But after "Tainting" an RTA after using Menthol in it, figured it just wasn't worth it.

And I ended up giving the RTA away because I couldn't get the Hint of Menthol out of it.

Tainting means couldn't get the flavours out of it even with washing??? Dam

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Tainting means couldn't get the flavours out of it even with washing??? Dam

Yeah... It gets into the O-Rings/Insulators and the Drip Tip.

I could get about 99.5% of the Flavor out of the RTA. But there was always a Hint of Menthol.

BTW - Part of that remaining 0.5% might be Psychological. But even if it is, Menthol was a road I Don't want to go down again.

But that's just Me.

Reactions: Superuser187

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I mixed some juice with TPA menthol liquid flavour...the bottle is plastic from another juice I have bought in past and I see the bottle now and it's no longer clear....!!!!!
    Is the menthol liquid like that? Makes it look like the bottle is dimmed??
    Or the menthol is somehow desolving the plastic bottle????
    HEEEEEELP I AM SCAAAAAAREDDDD!!!!!!!

TFA Menthol is just 10% menthol crystals dissolved in PG. When the temperature is cooler, the bottle was crystallise. Warm it by plonking it in a cup of warm water.

Or you can do what I did, and warm it by placing the bottle in the microwave. After a few seconds, it went BOOM! The cap blew off, releasing menthol all over my microwave. 2 years later it still smells minty fresh :D

And using it as a flavour, it's bloody strong. Start at 0.5% and work your way up

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread