Merhaba :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

excalibur-x

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Well, greetings from Ankara :)

I'm reading this forum for quite some time, but now it's time for introduction and some questions, of course.

I was a heavy smoker and when I moved to Turkey, I smoked even more, so something had to be done. I'm a dedicated runner and I never had any problems, but at the end of summer, at the time I'm usually fully prepared for a marathon, I felt like something was squeezing my chest and first time in my life I felt out of air. Tried with lighter cigarettes but it made me smoke more and more. And then my beard stylist showed me e-cigarette.

To put things short, in October I bought Evic mini kit with Tron-S. Didn't like the cyan color, but when you are buying on gray market there is not much choice. 300TL for kit, Sanyo battery (5A max continuous drain) and 30ml 18gm Maxboro juice that does not taste like Marlboro and I was ready to make clouds. Well, at firs I was trying to figure out what was this toy I just bought. It has an USB port, so it's a TOY. Started with standard kanthal 1ohm, but after reading on internet that TC is the future I quickly changed to Ti coil. Max power and max temperature. Oleeeee... So much nicotine I was dizzy, sleepy, headache,... but the funny thing is during these symptoms I was still craving a normal cigarette. Also taste was not something I expected. Juice was too sweet and I realize now, very bad quality. But the toy was expensive and I didn't want to give up. Soon we had wife's friends for dinner and this great guy opened my eyes. He brought me some really nice juices to try and to my surprise he gave me 4 bottles of juice I liked most. Second oleeeeee....!!!!!! At that time I was still enjoying my non working period so I had to much time to invest in vaping. The guy had some nice tanks and of course I wanted to replicate the taste and clouds with my Tron-S. The result was burned coils. All 3 of them, of course. Bought some nice cotton from pharmacy that I still use and rewicked CL coils. I also realized I have to buy some wire and CLR coils. They came same day that I was given a broken Kanger Subox mini kit. Kit was a fake product and the guy had leaking problems that he fixed with screwing tightly. And he was screwing the tank to the mod so tight that he cut the insulator in atomizer and made a short. He didn't want to fix the Subox and bought a fresh pack of cigarettes. I of course had different plans. Using pliers and a lot of force I separated the tank from the mod. Replaced standard coils with RDA, build my first titanium coil, wicked and enjoyed the free Subtank mini. Tron-S also received fresh new CLR-Ti atomizers. So, I was packed with 2 tanks and lots of nice juice. I was in clouds. Especially after I made some twisted titanium coils. But just for couple of days because at one point I lost taste for juice. Everything was same and everything tasted burned. I was blaming the tanks, especially the fake Subtank mini that gave me "atomizer short" error. And while trying to fix the tank I dropped it on the kitchen floor. Instant fix. :D Left with only one tank I had to find a solution. First I realized I was suffering from vapor tongue. Smelling coffee, drinking lemon juice, spicy food... Taste eventually came back. And during this period I also learned how to deal with titanium wire and how to properly recoild CLR heads. I still hate the super springy titanium wire that during break-in tastes like ..., but now I know how to deal with it. At the moment I'm running same coil in my CLR head for over a month. Also I started to appreciate the Tron much more. 2 times per weak I just lightly dry burn the coil and that is it. Over time I learned how to rewick CLR to perfection and at the moment Tron-S is my the most safe choice in case I know I will be outside. Currently I also have Griffin 25 and last week replacement glass for Subox mini came from Taiwan. Subtank mini is my workhorse. I like the taste and the size, but it has problems. It's a fake product. Threads are so bad that sometimes RBA deck loses good connection with the base and ohms go up. Just little but even in TC my cotton gets burned hard and I have to replace the tank. Sometimes even the juice. Before this was not a problem but today I received 4 Samsung 25R's I will be using in Cuboid while wife will get the Evic mini and Tron-s.

So, I'm stuck with Griffin 25 and a very unreliable Subtank mini. While I'm still trying to get what I want from Griffin, I already know that it's a tank I can't use all the time. It's great for when I'm in traffic puffing giant clouds, but when I drink coffee at nice calm place, it's just too much. I have to buy a tank that will serve as a workhorse. I want same size and taste as Subtank mini, but I wish airflow had more adjustment. I want airflow to be more open than on Subtank mini, but at the same time sometimes I want to close the airflow and do MTL. Is there a RBA tank that offers this?

And there is another question. I enjoy the Griffin. It's build like a tank made by Swarovski, everything is clean, taste is great, but I wish vape was warmer. I already tried single titanium spaced and single SS316L non-spaced coils. 8 wraps around 3mm (I don'r remember resistance) so the deck was filled and while clouds were big and taste was great, vape was too cold. Now I'm running double SS316L 0,33 ohm coils and clouds are even bigger and taste is even better, but vape temperature is not satisfying. On Tron-S and Subtank mini same temperature 240C (460F) feels much warmer. Even if I close air all the way down vape is too cold. What can I do or what kind of coils must I build to get warmer vape with Ti-0,3mm or SS316L 26gauge. Maybe wraps around 2mm instead of 3mm screw, maybe shorter coils, maybe I have to lift coils higher... Don't get me wrong, vaping learning process was really fun and while I think I mastered the Thron-S, I would really appreciate some shortcuts.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I want airflow to be more open than on Subtank mini, but at the same time sometimes I want to close the airflow and do MTL. Is there a RBA tank that offers this?
Welcome and glad you joined.
I would check the The Kayfun V5 RTA/Kayfun Lite V2 , both adjustable air flows.

Reactions: David Wolf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread