• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Merry Christ-mas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
May the peace, love, and joy of Heaven infiltrate every nook and cranny of your life. Today is the day that we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, our personal Lord and Saviour. He didn't have to do what He did, but He said yes! He did the will of the Father. WOW! He left Heaven to be formed into a human being, dependent on two earthly parents until He began learning who He was. I'm sure He could have appeared on earth as a man without having to start out in Mary's womb. That was not the way of the Father! I can't imagine being His mother. She must have been so very special that God the Father picked her, and then Joseph as His earthly father. I would be scared to death! Since He never sinned, He never had to be reprimanded or spanked. What a joy He must have been as a child!

What has really soaked into my brain and heart this Christmas, is that God sent the choir of angels to shepherds in the field. How cool is that! Out of all of the people, God sent His angels not to the intellectual, not to rabbi's, not to anyone else but these lowly shepherds! Just how humble and special these shepherds must have felt.....after their heart stopped pounding! What a gift of trust God bestowed on them!

I was talking with MM on Tuesday, and I asked him what he thought the star was....a comet? A new planet? He feels that it was an alignment of planets that happens every thousand or two years. If anyone else wishes to add to that, I would be all ears! Regardless:

May God grant you a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!!:)

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi

The predictions are false, however, as an alignment will not take place in 2012, Nibiru does not exist and, according to NASA, the rotation of earth will not be changing.

'The rotation of the earth will not be changing.' Since it never has before today, what makes people so arrogant that they make what they think to be a wise statement? 'With God, all things are possible!' I have no personal opinion on this as I don't know the will of God concerning this situation, but I do know that if He chooses to change the rotation of the earth, He can surely do it! I hope He doesn't while I'm on the earth, but He doesn't need or have to confer with me on decisions, for who am I? :blink:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    My hope is that everyone had a warm, loving, fun-filled, joyous Christmas. We were blessed beyond measure as we still have family close by and we got to celebrate with them thankfulness to God for all that He does for us. Gifts are just more 'stuff!' But the gift of Jesus, NOW THAT'S A GIFT!!! This year, I have been more in tune with the shepherds plus Joseph and Mary.....mainly Mary. Being in labor and bouncing around on a donkey......you really don't want to know what it would be like. I was in mild labor and the doctor wanted me to come on in as my water was leaking. The ride to the hospital was most unpleasant. 35 hours later, my son was born. It was traumatic, to say the least. I can't fathom being on a donkey.

Joseph, I imagine, had to deliver Jesus. Now I would think that being around animals, he probably knew what to do. I applaud Joseph. Not many husbands could do that. And then some hours later, strange shepherds knocked on the stable door......company already!!! But Mary and Joseph knew who their baby boy was and couldn't say no, especially since God the Father sent them! Scriptures don't talk about how they were fed, but I imagine God gave them a small feast. Mary had to start regaining strength. At least, Joseph had a trade that could be performed anywhere. Everyone can use a carpenter sometime in their lives, which means that Joseph was a man of strength. I'm sure his hands were calloused. He taught Jesus his trade. Today, I have the highest regard for carpenters!

Now, can you imagine, resting in the field with your sheep and all of a sudden, an angel spoke to them about Jesus. And if that didn't scare them enough, the heavens were filled with the voices of an angelic choir! What would you do? I don't know if I would have a panic attack causing a heart attack, lose control of my bladder, or just plain freeze in fear!!! Of course I would want to see the Saviour, which they did, not once but twice! Luke 2:20. Once they were over their fright, they were praising God!!! Imagine how they praised God! Something that had been prophesized for hundreds of years had finally come to pass!!! I would imagine some dancing in the Spirit like King David.....or falling prone, praising God might be their next act of worship, or even crying tears of joy! Whatever they did, you can't deny the fact that they were chosen by the Father! How awesome! If anything hits you about any of this, feel free to post it!!!

I am still celebrating Christmas in my heart! For us, we should celebrate it 365 days a year with all the kindness and love that our Saviour has taught us. I still have my tree up with THE lights on! Who knows when I'll take it down! :laugh:

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    The predictions are false, however, as an alignment will not take place in 2012, Nibiru does not exist and, according to NASA, the rotation of earth will not be changing.

'The rotation of the earth will not be changing.' Since it never has before today, what makes people so arrogant that they make what they think to be a wise statement? 'With God, all things are possible!' I have no personal opinion on this as I don't know the will of God concerning this situation, but I do know that if He chooses to change the rotation of the earth, He can surely do it! I hope He doesn't while I'm on the earth, but He doesn't need or have to confer with me on decisions, for who am I? :blink:

Help me out here SC, I'm a little confused. I double check the links I posted and no where can I found Nibiru or rotation of earth changing talked about ?

I gave the video and links to explain that Planetary Alignment happens more frequently then people realize it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The rotation of the earth does slow down that's why we add a second every so often I think we added one in the year 2005. I believe they say the effect from this won't be felt for billions of years to come so nothing to be worried about.

Here's were the Planet Nibiru came from.
    Nibiru: The Nonexistent Planet
    by Nola Taylor Redd, SPACE.com Contributor | May 04, 2012 02:51pm ET

Linked to the close of the Mayan calendar, a variety of rumors have spread regarding ways the world could end in 2012. One popular contender is Nibiru, a supposed planet that some claim will collide with Earth at the end of the year. But despite the buzz, there is no scientific evidence supporting the alleged planet's existence. [VIDEO: 12-21-2012 - Just Another Day" Nibiru: The Nonexistent Planet | NASA Nibiru & Planet X

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Superstitious Beliefs
    According to NASA and Time, the alignment of planets has generated superstitious beliefs throughout history. These beliefs range from predictions about great and marvelous world-changing events to a shift in the polarity of earth and the end of the world. The most recent prediction is that in 2012 a planetary alignment will occur including a hidden planet, named Nibiru, and a shift in the earth's rotation will trigger events such as earthquakes that will end life on earth as we know it. The predictions are false, however, as an alignment will not take place in 2012, Nibiru does not exist and, according to NASA, the rotation of earth will not be changing.

Read more : What Is it Called When All the Planets Are Lined Up in a Straight Line? | eHow

I took a direct quote from what you posted. Did I do a faux paux.....a boo boo.....a mistake....what did I do?:ohmy:

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    SC the claim of the end of the world in 2012 came from interpretation of the Mayan calendar and some did believe but most laugh about as a joke. Now I'll ask you what group found it and who gave the interpretation of the calendar could it have been anthropologist. (Anthropology is the study of humanity. Anthropology has origins in the natural sciences, the humanities, and the social sciences.)

No doubt the study of the stars and plants has been around a long time it's called astrology and it is superstitious beliefs that claims to know the meaning of Star Sign and etc. - 12 Zodiac Signs: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn ...

H. Campy wasn't the first to come up with the end of world prediction and I'm sure he won't be the last.
    Hang around were being hearing more as time goes bye.

What I do find laughable people can get behind this stuff and promote, believe it without the slightest thought that it's superstitious without proof and can refuse the existence of God when all they have to do is open their eye's and look around.

When ..........s speak of the planets being aligned (something which doesn't really concern astronomers) they don't mean that the planets will actually all lie on a straight line at some instant of time. One calculation of alignments within around thirty degrees (about as close as they can get) shows that the last such alignment was in 561 BC, and the next will be in 2854. All nine planets are somewhat aligned every 500 years, and are grouped within 30 degrees every 1 to 3 alignments.
    Curious About Astronomy: When was the last time all 9 planets were aligned?

Edited in.
    After much thought and contemplating I realized I forgot to take off my blinders, Yes that came from the link I posted - :oops:

Memo to self check for blinders - Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    blinders.gif

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    SC the claim of the end of the world in 2012 came from interpretation of the Mayan calendar and some did believe but most laugh about as a joke. Now I'll ask you what group found it and who gave the interpretation of the calendar could it have been anthropologist. (Anthropology is the study of humanity. Anthropology has origins in the natural sciences, the humanities, and the social sciences.)

No doubt the study of the stars and plants has been around a long time it's called astrology and it is superstitious beliefs that claims to know the meaning of Star Sign and etc. - 12 Zodiac Signs: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn ...

H. Campy wasn't the first to come up with the end of world prediction and I'm sure he won't be the last.
    Hang around were being hearing more as time goes bye.

What I do find laughable people can get behind this stuff and promote, believe it without the slightest thought that it's superstitious without proof and can refuse the existence of God when all they have to do is open their eye's and look around

Edited in.
    After much thought and contemplating I realized I forgot to take off my blinders, Yes that came from the link I posted - :oops:

Memo to self check for blinders - Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    blinders.gif

Yeah, it was a quote from the link you posted. Hey, welcome to the: "We all make mistakes Club!" :laugh:But I did think that your statement on people believing lies over truth is a profound one......sadly, they sure do. That's why Jesus gave us the 'great commission.' Folks can believe the craziest stuff!!! Look at scientology. :shock: I mean, how can they really believe that garbage over Jesus being a Saviour for all mankind. satan is busy. Breaks my heart. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread