Status
Not open for further replies.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I really hope everyone understood that I was just messing around. Sometimes I get in "moods" and after driving to and from the pain mgt. doc today, I was in a mood. ( Driving is very uncomfortable for me due to compression fractures in my lumbar spine. ) I debated about making the post and then figured that everyone would most likely have a sense of humor about it. I meant no offense to anyone.
To be honest, I really enjoy Christmas and all the beautiful decorations. I used to love to drive around when we lived up north and look at all the lovely decorations on the houses. One fellow near Maumee, OH had such a display that he was featured on the local TV news every year. His house looked like the Griswold home in "Christmas Vacation". Even had music in sync with the lights going on and off. He had to use 2 or 3 generators strictly to run all the displays. I would have loved to see his wiring diagram. lol You could see the place from several miles away glowing like a small city in the distance. Cars were lined up in both lanes of the road he lived on slowing down to gawk.
Again, I hope I did not offend you, Stormy, or anyone else on the forum with my comments. If I did, I offer my sincere apologies for doing something that was in poor taste.
horton -- out

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Thanks, Stormy..... Appreciate your post.
My eye is starting to clear up, thank Goodness. Don't know if I mentioned this, but if the drops I'm currently using do not do the trick, the next option is a cancer med -- primary use is for colon cancer. It's what the doc called an "off label use" and hence, most insurance companies (including mine of course) won't cover the cost. Believe he said it would be around $250. I wouldn't have to sit in a chair with an IV line hooked up, it's compounded somewhere in CA into drops. And if that doesn't work, then it's the KNIFE!!!! Bummer. But, I can see the "dot" on my cornea is lighter and my vision is much clearer, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Seems like all I do lately is go to doctor appts. Getting old is not fun....lol. Now I know why FL is called "God's waiting room".
horton -- out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread