Mesh coil - Stains on teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artyom87

Nov 17, 2018
Hi,

Few weeks back, I've decided to swap classic coils for mesh coils. After some time I've noticed that there are some light black stains on my teeth after vaping. Had no problems like this before with classic coils using the same e-liquid (Blue raspberry sour). I even tried to vape right after brushing my teeth just soo see how many puffs it take to create black stains. Stains are clearly visible even after 10 - 15 puffs. Stains can also be easily washed away from my teeth, but I just can't brush my teeth 15 times a day. No burn taste or brown e-liquid in a tank. Has anyone experienced this issue before? Is there a way to avoid this or should I just swap back to classic coils?

Thank you...

PS.: I've also noticed that liquid in a tank is clear, but it is very dark brown colour inside coil.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Mesh coils can be really finicky, and I think it also might depend on the coil material itself.

I can't speak to the teeth thing, sorry. However, I would be unlikely to be continuing to vape something that deposited stains on my teeth regardless of the reason for it, it sounds rather unhealthy if you ask me.

IDK whether it's the juice or the coil or the combination of the two but I'd be more likely to ditch it quicker rather than later, honestly.

Anna

Artyom87

Nov 17, 2018
Well, I just disassembled that coil and found that cotton is clean. It is that wee cotton part wrapped around mesh that's all black/dark brown. I have really no idea what's the issue, but I'm probably done with mesh coils.

Attachments

• IMG_20181117_155230.jpg
    IMG_20181117_155230.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: stols001

Artyom87

Nov 17, 2018
Maybe that's the issue. I'm using lowest possible recommended wattage all the time to prevent burning. For this coil is recommended 60-75 watt, so I'm using 60W at 0.15 Ohm resistance. Liquids I'm using are Slammin Blue raspberry, MT Baker Blue raspberry sour and CheapThrills rush rush yayo. Do you recommend to use higher wattage?

Reactions: stols001

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
You can certainly try it, just go in small steps and test out what the limit is. It may even improve some flavor compounds, half of the mesh is passively heated (only half is actually electrically connected) making it more similar to something like a clapton coil. Make sure the coil is perfectly primed before raising the wattage, you probably know this already, just wanted to mention it again ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread