Mesh, rda or tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
I have been only 5 months vaping and use a smok tvf12, tvf8v2, Uwell crown 4 and a Wofoto Profile RDA all fitted with mesh elements. Also in the mix I have tried the VV Pulse 2 RDA and Wofoto Recurve RDA which use wound coils.
The Profile gave very good flavor with virtually no spit at relatively low watts, 45-50 with fast ramp up a real winner, only downside was it went through juice quickly. When I compare the performance with my other Atty setups I find that I require much higher watts and never seem to achieve similar flavor before the vape gets too hot. I am wondering if I am using the other Attys wrong or if that just the way it is?

Reactions: stols001

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
The problem with flavor is that the flavor gets better the more dense the vapor is. I really like the Profile but like you said it sucks up the juice. Have you tried exotic coils? The larger surface area helps with flavor. The best flavor RTA I use is a MTL Kayfun Prime. When I want to know what a juice is suppose to taste like, I put it in the Kayfun. But looks like you are looking for clouds so that might not be the tank for you.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I have been only 5 months vaping and use a Smok tvf12, tvf8v2, Uwell crown 4 and a Wofoto Profile RDA all fitted with mesh elements. Also in the mix I have tried the VV Pulse 2 RDA and Wofoto Recurve RDA which use wound coils.
The Profile gave very good flavor with virtually no spit at relatively low watts, 45-50 with fast ramp up a real winner, only downside was it went through juice quickly. When I compare the performance with my other Atty setups I find that I require much higher watts and never seem to achieve similar flavor before the vape gets too hot. I am wondering if I am using the other Attys wrong or if that just the way it is?
I provisionally agree with @tdman77 exotic coils can vaporize more juice. There are costs like long ramp up time, but they can do it. The problem is that all that will do is increase juice usage. Basically it’s just the way it is.
This is why a lot of DL vapers wind up going DIY for their juice. The cost savings are enormous. I just killed a 60ml bottle of juice in 3 days. Luckily it only cost me a buck or so to make instead of $20-30

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
The problem with flavor is that the flavor gets better the more dense the vapor is. I really like the Profile but like you said it sucks up the juice. Have you tried exotic coils? The larger surface area helps with flavor. The best flavor RTA I use is a MTL Kayfun Prime. When I want to know what a juice is suppose to taste like, I put it in the Kayfun. But looks like you are looking for clouds so that might not be the tank for you.
Thanks, I have noticed that quite a few vapers are using the Kayfun and no I am not after clouds...will be looking at both the Kayfun and also the Kayline. Flavor is my thing I guess.

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
I provisionally agree with @tdman77 exotic coils can vaporize more juice. There are costs like long ramp up time, but they can do it. The problem is that all that will do is increase juice usage. Basically it’s just the way it is.
This is why a lot of DL vapers wind up going DIY for their juice. The cost savings are enormous. I just killed a 60ml bottle of juice in 3 days. Luckily it only cost me a buck or so to make instead of $20-30
I have considered DIY juice....will no doubt get there one day, taking little steps...just decided that I am keen on a chocolate touch.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thanks, I have noticed that quite a few vapers are using the Kayfun and no I am not after clouds...will be looking at both the Kayfun and also the Kayline. Flavor is my thing I guess.
Hmmm... that’s quite a swing. All the kayfuns are MTL vapes except the gigantic one and it’s Uber expensive. They’re all pretty expensive really. May not matter to you of course.
All the attys you’ve mentioned before are DL. MTL is a completely different vape. It will save you a lot of juice if you switch methods, but it is a different method. You may find you’ve dropped a Benjamin or two on an atty you don’t like.

• Agree

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
Hmmm... that’s quite a swing. All the kayfuns are MTL vapes except the gigantic one and it’s Uber expensive. They’re all pretty expensive really. May not matter to you of course.
All the attys you’ve mentioned before are DL. MTL is a completely different vape. It will save you a lot of juice if you switch methods, but it is a different method. You may find you’ve dropped a Benjamin or two on an atty you don’t like.
Yes just finished a search, near on $200 here in Australia...I have a Wofoto recurve which is fairly compact air-space wise maybe I can tune it a bit to achieve a similar result. What would be a good coil to use in the Recurve?

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
Just to add I think Heavenly has the clones also. And what ever you do don't buy from DicodesUSA. You will get it faster if you get the real one from Cremedevape UK.
Thanks, I have found many clones from aliexpress...this way I can sample the design without risking the big bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread