Mg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

apbtdog1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2012
East TN
How does the Mg content work? I mean, i understand the higher the mg the more the nicotine but....... Say i have a 10ml bottle of 24mg Boba's Bounty...does that mean there is 24mg of Nicotine per drop? Per puff? I'M SURE the explanation is here on the ECF Forum some where but i couldn't find any thing. Also, .....a regular pack of cigs how does that work? Can somebody post me a link to that info or help explain that so i could understand it? Pleeeease? Thanks in advance, the community here is great!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
A single cigarette delivers about 0.8 - 1 mg of nicotine (it actually has much more nicotine, but that is what you absorb).

Best I can tell, from measurements by Etter last year and some other reports, an experienced vaper might absorb 1/5 of the nicotine in eliquid, and newer people with little experience and/or weaker gear are probably more like 1/6 or even less. That would mean that 18 mg/ml eliquid is delivering (being absorbed by the user) about 3 - 3.5 mg per ml vaped, about 3 - 4 cigarettes worth.

This is just an approximation. The cig info is good, but the measurements on vaping are from a fairly small data set.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Interesting! Anybody know if 36mg would be double the 18mg? Just curious. This is interesting to know.

Edit: And if 9mg is 1/2 what you (Etter) state? I'm sure it's not a "straight" line per mg. But, interesting information.

I'd be interested in the link if you have one on how this was determined.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread