microcoils measuring all over the place on the multimeter, help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhean

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
Sorry if this has been covered before; I searched the forum for an hour without finding an answer, and decided to pester you.

I'm a total noob to rbas and coil making. Bought an AGA t2 because rbas sounded interesting. Wanted to try a single microcoil with cotton wick, as I can taste metal for some reason--can't use metal drip tips--and the thought of ss mesh didn't sound appealing.

I probably did more research on microcoils than I did for the first chapter of my dissertation. Got the 28 gauge Kanthal wire, got a crochet needle which fit the hole on the aga perfectly, and started wrapping. I wrap the coil as evenly as possible, 8-10 wraps, put the needle into the opening on the rda, connect to the negative/positive post with even tension (I hope), put it on the vision spinner, fire it red, turn off, tighten it so it looks good, no overlapping, coils touching, fire it again so it's all glowing evenly red, and measure on the multimeter. The multimeter goes bonkers. The measurements range everywhere from 30 to -1 lol. The multimeter works, as I measured a number of ready-made protank coils on it, and they measure exactly at 1.8-1.9, after taking off the resistance on my meter, which is .7

Tried making ten other coils, all with the same result. I'm certainly not putting these on my mech mod, as I don't want to be an anti-vaper's dream statistic.

What am I doing wrong here?

rhean

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
Thank you, I'll try that. Hope it works; getting sick of making coils lol.

To edit: Yep, I wasn't tightening the positive post enough. Got one at 2.4 ohms. It's def not low ohm, but it works. Will try to get it down to 1.5-1.8 :)It's fun, and the best thing is I can remove the cotton wick and replace it without having to redo coils.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread