Status
Not open for further replies.

MidwestGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
Iowa
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm a former smoker, quit analogs five years ago using generic lozenges, and have been addicted to those damned expensive little disks up until about a month ago when I started vaping. Since switching to vaping; no more super dry mouth, no horrid breath, no stomach problems from the lozenges, and all around a much more pleasurable and satisfying experience WITH a 0mg option which I hope to get to at some point down the road. I'm a bit of a gadget geek too, so the plethora of cool devices and options available are perfect for me.

A local B&M set me up with a really nice beginner system; ZMAX Mini with a Nautilis Mini / BVC tank. I've since purchased a Vamo V5 as a backup tube and also have a VaporShark rDNA on order, which I'm guessing will be my primary device once received.

I've tried various other setups from friends and local B&Ms and continually come to the conclusion that I have a pretty good set up -- I think a lot of that is from the Nautilus tank which I LOVE. Lot's of good B&M shops around here with great liquids so that has helped as well.

Anyway, looking forward to contributing, lobbying, and advancing the community as I can.

See ya around!
MG

MidwestGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
Iowa
Welcome!
The vapor shark should be a good mod! I prefer box mods these days, instead of the super tall tube mods. I have a SiD that is similar to the zmax. The thing is a light saber...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I hear ya! I'm using the Vamo V5 with a shorter tube and an 18350 ... putting an 18650 in this thing effectively transforms it in to an indiscreet monster of a Mod, borderline ridiculous looking. I'm glad the Vamo has the 18350 option, don't think I'd ever leave the house with it in 18650 mode! The ZMAX Mini is a nice little short mod, but still pretty awkward with tanks larger than the Nautilus Mini. I also prefer the OLED display on the Vamo, it satisfies my geekyness a bit more even though it has pretty much identical features.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
I hear ya! I'm using the Vamo V5 with a shorter tube and an 18350 ... putting an 18650 in this thing effectively transforms it in to an indiscreet monster of a Mod, borderline ridiculous looking. I'm glad the Vamo has the 18350 option, don't think I'd ever leave the house with it in 18650 mode! The ZMAX Mini is a nice little short mod, but still pretty awkward with tanks larger than the Nautilus Mini. I also prefer the OLED display on the Vamo, it satisfies my geekyness a bit more even though it has pretty much identical features.

Yeah, I like the screen and features, but want the battery life of the '650s.
Hana form factor is better I think... Still on the bigger side, but not MUCH more manageable.
Recently got into mechs, and I LOVE the form factor of my new 4nine clone!

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
Hello and welcome Midwestguy! Glad you joined us here at ECF as we are always happy to get new members. I have a Vamo2 in 18650 mode and I call it my baton cuz' it's so long. I never considered to use it in 18350 mode as I like the longevity of the 18650 but I may change that. Thanks for sharing with us, sounds like you have some pretty good gear. Congrats on the 1 month mark! :vapor:

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
I can vape on the 18350 charge with the Vamo most of the day during weekdays ... weekends I'm definitely lacking. I'm relying on the rDNA to pick up the slack there, and with its form factor, I'm guessing it will probably push my tube mods in to the "backup device" category. :)

That's what happened to my SiDs! Well, I have one as a back up.... Sold the other to a friend that was upgrading from ego... He loves the vape quality and battery life out of it! Glad he can get some use out of it and it makes him happy... Using the money to buy more batteries :)

I can get 3 days out of an 18650.... When I'm on vacation with little time to vape.... In my normal day to day I go through an 18650 and a half... 2 if I'm drinking that night.. Lol

MidwestGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
Iowa
Welcome aboard Midwestguy! Vaping beats the pants off of those demon-lozenges :evil:

tried those things a few years back, ended up with what I could only describe as chemical burns! Happy vaping

Haha, no kidding - I forgot about that! I must have got used to them, but when I first started using them I remember parts of my mouth getting "burnt" and scabbing. Oh boy.

One other thing I forgot to mention, if you dissolve them too fast, horrid hiccups will follow and last for about 20 minutes. Demon disks, I tell ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread