Mini beserker MTL RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpydercoRyan

Feb 19, 2018
So I got the mini berserker mtl rta. I'm new to the rebuildables and I'm wandering if there's a solution to my leaking problem. Every time I refill I have heavy leaking out of the air flow holes. I always close the air flow when I refill and hold the tank upside down. Iv tried more/less wick and it hasn't helped. Iv noticed every time I have heavy leakage I look at my build and my wick has come out of the wicking port. I'm almost sure thats my issue. Any idea why my wick constantly comes out of the wicking port?

Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I don't have the berserker but @stols001 does..

HOWEVER, your wick should be snug fit, but not so snug that it moves your coil when you slide your wick back and forth in the coil.. there is a sweet spot that is just right like goldilocks.

Here's the thing though if the wick is coming out completely - is your cotton getting caught in the threads when you screw on the chimney? It sounds very possible - either that or your not using enough wick, or a mixture of both..

You have to make sure that the cotton isn't getting caught in the threads when screwing the chimney on first..

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

SpydercoRyan

Feb 19, 2018
I don't have the berserker but @stols001 does..

HOWEVER, your wick should be snug fit, but not so snug that it moves your coil when you slide your wick back and forth in the coil.. there is a sweet spot that is just right like goldilocks.

Here's the thing though if the wick is coming out completely - is your cotton getting caught in the threads when you screw on the chimney? It sounds very possible - either that or your not using enough wick, or a mixture of both..

You have to make sure that the cotton isn't getting caught in the threads when screwing the chimney on first..
Thanks for the help

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have a berserker, not the 22 version, but I run the 24 mm in 2 ml capacity. I like the draw more (more immediate) and it's easy to topfill without gurgling, leaking and etc.

As far as wicking an coil, I used a 2.0 mm coil in that tank. I use rayon wicking and stuffed it fairly tight in the coil, with perhaps a bit less thinning than normal, but making sure everything was seated right as to airflow and etc., and I don't get leaking, gurgling etc. My resistance was around 1.0, and I used SS wire. You may want to try a bit more wick?

Anna

• Informative
Reactions: Opinionated

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
So I got the mini berserker mtl rta. I'm new to the rebuildables and I'm wandering if there's a solution to my leaking problem. Every time I refill I have heavy leaking out of the air flow holes. I always close the air flow when I refill and hold the tank upside down. Iv tried more/less wick and it hasn't helped. Iv noticed every time I have heavy leakage I look at my build and my wick has come out of the wicking port. I'm almost sure thats my issue. Any idea why my wick constantly comes out of the wicking port?
Welcome and glad you joined.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. Might try putting a little piece of wick down in the hole. I used to have trouble with the old MTs like that. Every time I put it back together, the threading action would push the wick away from one corner of the port causing a leak. I fixed it by stuffing some rayon in there.

SpydercoRyan

Feb 19, 2018
I have a berserker, not the 22 version, but I run the 24 mm in 2 ml capacity. I like the draw more (more immediate) and it's easy to topfill without gurgling, leaking and etc.

As far as wicking an coil, I used a 2.0 mm coil in that tank. I use rayon wicking and stuffed it fairly tight in the coil, with perhaps a bit less thinning than normal, but making sure everything was seated right as to airflow and etc., and I don't get leaking, gurgling etc. My resistance was around 1.0, and I used SS wire. You may want to try a bit more wick?

Anna
That's for the tip. More wick definetly did the trick. I know I used a lot more then Iv seen in YouTube tutorials. And I'm still using the .6 coil that comes with the tank. No complaints there. But does a higher ohm coil deliver better flavor/ throte hit?

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
That's for the tip. More wick definetly did the trick. I know I used a lot more then Iv seen in YouTube tutorials. And I'm still using the .6 coil that comes with the tank. No complaints there. But does a higher ohm coil deliver better flavor/ throte hit?
Sure, you can run more wraps for better flavour and not have to bump up the wattage as much as a DTL tank would require. You can also use a higher awg like 28 awg and get more heat/hit without using more watts. Typically on Kayfuns I'll use 26awg 2.5mm contact coils and as many wraps as it takes to have 1-2 wraps on either side beyond the airflow. Like 1 ohm 14-20w.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread