Mini protank 2 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue1971

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Mass
Hey all, I couldn't find the answer doing a search. I just got my new mini protank 2 in the mail today. I filled it up with my ejuice (I've been using for the past two weeks in my Vision eGo Clearomizer 2.1-2.4 Ohm on an ego ctwist setting at 3.2. Been having wonderful flavor and vapor with it.) However now using the protank2 mini with the same juice I have good vapor but the flavor is barely there.

Now I just read the description for the protank and it says Resistance: 1.8 ohm / 2.4ohm, is it possible that the 1.8 ohm (not sure if that's the atti size in it. is what is causing the muted flavor? verses the 2.1-2.4ohm

Or is it top coil provides better flavor? Right now I'm not too impressed with this protank :unsure:

I'm new with clearomizers so any help is great :)

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
Hey all, I couldn't find the answer doing a search. I just got my new mini protank 2 in the mail today. I filled it up with my Ejuice (I've been using for the past two weeks in my Vision eGo Clearomizer 2.1-2.4 Ohm on an ego ctwist setting at 3.2. Been having wonderful flavor and vapor with it.) However now using the protank2 mini with the same juice I have good vapor but the flavor is barely there.

Now I just read the description for the protank and it says Resistance: 1.8 ohm / 2.4ohm, is it possible that the 1.8 ohm (not sure if that's the atti size in it. is what is causing the muted flavor? verses the 2.1-2.4ohm

Or is it top coil provides better flavor? Right now I'm not too impressed with this protank :unsure:

I'm new with clearomizers so any help is great :)

In my experience top coils give much better flavor and warmer vapor. Stronger flavored juices work better on bottom coils. In fact I have had some flavors that are too strong on top coils but taste really good on bottom coil. And on the flipside I have tried some flavors that taste perfect on a tc but the flavor is muted on a bc. With a bc it heats at he bottom so the vapor cools off and loses a bit of flavor before it reaches you. There are some flavors I vape that I can't really tell a difference in flavor between a bc and a tc.

You really want a flavor explosion try a Kanger T2.

Sue1971

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Mass
I have noticed that the stronger flavor like cinnabomb (husband vapes in his protank mini) seems fine. We started the cinnabomb in the CE5? but noticed it was eating the plastic, So he got the mini first, But I also wanted my own mini for me :) But like I said my juice just isn't the same in the mini. I love the mad4. I may just have to keep getting the nice and cheep top feeders for that. Hell I don't mind really because they are very cheep and seem to be lasting long. so far going on about 3 weeks on the same clearo.

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
Without some way to measure the resistance of the coil, it's impossible to know for sure what it really is. Just because it says 1.8 ohm, doesn't make it so. The QC on the Kanger coils isn't the greatest.

I would recommend starting at 3.4v, vape a little, turn it up a little, vape a little, etc. When it starts to have a very slight burnt taste, turn it down a little. With a little practice, you'll soon be able to find the sweet spot (voltage wise) for whatever coil/liquid you are using.

Also, do a google search for Vaping power chart 2.0. It shows the voltage range for whatever ohm coil you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread