Mini Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
After spending a ton of money on numerous juices and numerous vendors trying to find some I like I finally settled on about a half a dozen juices. Having reordered larger quantities and steeping for a couple of weeks I have found that most of them taste nothing like the originals that I enjoyed. If consistency from order to order is not possible then I may as well attempt to make my own. I can mess them up without help from outside vendors.

Mini Rant Over.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
If the previous ones were sample sizes they may have already steeped. You could contact the vendor, see if the recipe was changed. It happens if they can no longer get a particular ingredient.

DIY is easy and you'll save lots! Try it.

I made some essence of caridwen last night...was very good

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I have not had too many issues with this
but also keep in mind 2 things
1 samples are often presteeped
2 larger bottles take longer to steep

I have read posts of a vendor the has consistency problems I stay away from that
but Ive had no issues with the 3 vendors I reorder from

mom & Pop vapor shop HHV and ahlusion

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Go with DIY, it's simple, cheap, and you can adjust your flavors and strength whenever you like. The ramp up to doing DIY is a little costly, mostly because you will buy more than you need. Once stocked up it's very cheap, I haven't ordered any juice products besides a few small (10 ml) flavors in over a year now and counting.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
lolwut.jpg ...........

Relaxed5311

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Des Moines, IA, USA
They were all 10-15ml sizes. No 3 or 5ml. I will allow a couple more weeks of steep time before I make a final comdemnation.

While your waiting talk to the vendor, most of them that I have emailed are really helpful and will answer any questions, other than the recipe.

vernhall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
United States
...If consistency from order to order is not possible then I may as well attempt to make my own. I can mess them up without help from outside vendors.

Mini Rant Over.

That was my experience (consistency) and why I got into DIY -- aside from the money-savings which was also a nice side-benefit. I'll be the first to admit that I can't duplicate some of the more complex offerings the pros have, but I'm kind of a simple guy anyway and don't really miss those few I can't make to my satisfaction... :)

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
That was my experience (consistency) and why I got into DIY -- aside from the money-savings which was also a nice side-benefit. I'll be the first to admit that I can't duplicate some of the more complex offerings the pros have, but I'm kind of a simple guy anyway and don't really miss those few I can't make to my satisfaction... :)

I'm searching the forum now for some simple one flavor recipes but there don't seem to be many. I like simple flavors like grape, banana, root beer, caramel, ...................

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
I'm searching the forum now for some simple one flavor recipes but there don't seem to be many. I like simple flavors like grape, banana, root beer, caramel, ...................

You just need an e-liquid calculator (good ones online), the liquids and one flavoring Check Wizard Labs, really good vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread