The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Mini toolkit case ideas

Discussion in 'Modding Forum' started by asdaq, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. asdaq

asdaq Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

So here I sit at the in-laws on boxing day and have spent the last few days mulling over life's larger problems. Namely, I could use a decent travel case for vaping tools. I've got a selection of favorite instruments, mini pliers, small screwdriver, needles, syringe, tweezers and various odds and ends, but unfortunately I carry them around in a quart ziplock freezer bag. A decent manicure set would be a decent solution, but they seem to always come with the tools and are pretty pricy. Anyone have some good alternatives or suggestions for what they use? Something that folds in half, closes and with various elastic bands would be just great.

Cheers and merry Christmas.

Sent from my 4.4'd Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

2. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    How about an Insulin Traveling Case like this?

[​IMG]

Their usually Padded to keep thing Cool/Warm. And have Lots of Loops and Pockets for All Kinds of things.

3. asdaq

That looks pretty cool Zoid, and there is even one here for my mother in law, but it is even a bit too large, for my needs anyway. About half that size and maybe flatter would be ideal.

4. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    There are many Styles of Cases out there. The Insulin Cases tend to have more Elastic Loops and Pockets then most. Which comes in Handy.

But since they are Designed for Diabetics and their Insulin, they tend to be More Expensive than a Run-of-the-Mill Case. Which Doesn't come in handy.

5. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    BTW - I tend to like Hard Sided Cases because I'm tough on things. And have a Bad Habit of throwing things on top of cases like this. That of Sitting on them when I get In a Car.

6. asdaq

If you want a hard case, an eyeglass etui might do the trick. For me it's too big again and I don't want the rattling about. Seeing all the tools would be nice too. I was just looking at tool pouches and wallets, but again I'm too picky :)

7. pdib

pdib Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Make one out of duct tape. :|

8. NWar

NWar Full Member

So something like this It's 6.5x3.5x1.5
    [​IMG]

9. asdaq

A friend of mine had a duct tape wallet which he boasted about until he went to move his stuff to a new wallet :) now he has a recycled inner tube wallet.

Nwar, nice but $43 and still on the large side. Here's the stuff I'd want to fit, and the syringe could be broken down if need be:

[​IMG]

10. FigNewton

FigNewton Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2013
    Garner, NC, USA
    I just got back from a road trip to NY and did the ziplock bag thing as well. How about the eGo case? They come in small, medium and large.

eGo Carry Case - large

11. asdaq

I was sort of hoping for better than an ego case, something more svelte. That would be a decent fall back option, but the ziplock competes with that. :) For that matter I do have some tobbaco tins that could be outfitted with inserts, but that would rattle too much. A lockpick case would be great.

[​IMG]

12. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    rofl...I love the lock pick case !

13. gdeal

gdeal Moved On ECF Veteran

Aug 4, 2012
    ( -_-) Ω~
    Just to complete the lockpick theme...this is the modding section right?

[​IMG]

14. TruSound

TruSound Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2011
    Granada Hills, Ca
  15. asdaq

Allright, I found something that just might do. It's a manicure kit, from a national chain sort of like Walgreens/Cvs ~$9 with Solingen nail tools the wife can have. It's leather and has leather straps rather than elastic, but oh well. First to show what doesn't make the cut:

[​IMG]

But, plenty of room inside for all sorts of stuff:

[​IMG]

I'm still going to keep an eye out for something better, but am happy I don't have to try to mod something fro scratch myself or subcontract a sewing project to my neighbor. :)

Denim and leather both crossed my mind.

16. pdib

Nov 23, 2012
    Well, now, you have to admit that duct tape crossed your mind too. Not as a feasible option; but cross it did. :?:

17. asdaq

True true, and I am certainly not done, just satisfying the short term need. :)

18. pdib

Nov 23, 2012
    In fact . . . . I would imagine that DUCT TAPE is on your mind this very instant . . .. as you read this . . . . no?

:p

ok, ok, I'll stop now

19. pdib

Nov 23, 2012
    WAIT!

WAIT!!!

I found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Real coconut, too!

20. zero7starz

zero7starz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2009
    Flash drive cases.

Have you tried Etsy?

I think Vera Bradley made a designer Tech Bag that'd be an interesting fit.

verabradley.com/product/Tech-Case/154833.uts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.