Status
Not open for further replies.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
So here I sit at the in-laws on boxing day and have spent the last few days mulling over life's larger problems. Namely, I could use a decent travel case for vaping tools. I've got a selection of favorite instruments, mini pliers, small screwdriver, needles, syringe, tweezers and various odds and ends, but unfortunately I carry them around in a quart ziplock freezer bag. A decent manicure set would be a decent solution, but they seem to always come with the tools and are pretty pricy. Anyone have some good alternatives or suggestions for what they use? Something that folds in half, closes and with various elastic bands would be just great.

Cheers and merry Christmas.

Sent from my 4.4'd Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
How about an Insulin Traveling Case like this?

p340769b.jpg

Their usually Padded to keep thing Cool/Warm. And have Lots of Loops and Pockets for All Kinds of things.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That looks pretty cool Zoid, and there is even one here for my mother in law, but it is even a bit too large, for my needs anyway. About half that size and maybe flatter would be ideal.

There are many Styles of Cases out there. The Insulin Cases tend to have more Elastic Loops and Pockets then most. Which comes in Handy.

But since they are Designed for Diabetics and their Insulin, they tend to be More Expensive than a Run-of-the-Mill Case. Which Doesn't come in handy.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
If you want a hard case, an eyeglass etui might do the trick. For me it's too big again and I don't want the rattling about. Seeing all the tools would be nice too. I was just looking at tool pouches and wallets, but again I'm too picky :)

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
A friend of mine had a duct tape wallet which he boasted about until he went to move his stuff to a new wallet :) now he has a recycled inner tube wallet.

Nwar, nice but $43 and still on the large side. Here's the stuff I'd want to fit, and the syringe could be broken down if need be:

4arejaza.jpg

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
I was sort of hoping for better than an ego case, something more svelte. That would be a decent fall back option, but the ziplock competes with that. :) For that matter I do have some tobbaco tins that could be outfitted with inserts, but that would rattle too much. A lockpick case would be great.

1268387208_77069407_1-Pictures-of--GOSO-Lock-Pick-Set-23-Pcs-with-case-FREE-SHIPPING-wwwcanadianlockpickwebscom.jpg

Last edited:

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Allright, I found something that just might do. It's a manicure kit, from a national chain sort of like Walgreens/Cvs ~$9 with Solingen nail tools the wife can have. It's leather and has leather straps rather than elastic, but oh well. First to show what doesn't make the cut:

20131230215956.jpg

But, plenty of room inside for all sorts of stuff:

20131230215919.jpg

I'm still going to keep an eye out for something better, but am happy I don't have to try to mod something fro scratch myself or subcontract a sewing project to my neighbor. :)

Denim and leather both crossed my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread