The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Wanted Mini VV Ego USB Passthrough

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds and Swaps' started by UncleJunkle, May 2, 2021.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    Looking for a specific working Mini Variable Voltage Ego USB Passthrough "mod". The type that works strictly on USB and has no battery, just like the one in the following image. Any color is fine but must have at least a 3 ft. cord.

[​IMG]

I'm not interested in the kind that has an internal battery, like the following...

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2015
    In case no one has any to sell:

eGo V.V USB PT|eGo Variable Voltage USB Passthrough - $4.95USD each + reasonable S/H (IMO). Available in SS only. 3 different shipping options & prices available

I ordered some for myself and 4 friends just this morning.

• Like Like x 1
  3. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    That's where I'm going to order from, but I was hoping someone had one I could try out before I placed an order with them. I'm not 100% sure this will actually be a good fit for me so I wanna try one first.

Also, I've been buying from them for years but I am leery of ordering from them anymore because they put "Electronic Cigarette Vaporizer" on the customs form. That kinda worries me because of the vape mail ban/PACT Act.

BTW: Never order any name brand mods from them, it's all clones and really bad ones at that. I bought a Pico 75W and a Cloupor mini from them about 3 months ago and they are unusable. They are basically made dummy chipsets that are nothing more than vaping in bypass mod. No buck, no boost. The packaging is stellar but the authenticity codes are just printed on and you can't scratch them lol. I did get my money back, but it's not worth the hassle. I would guess that maybe the tanks are probably OK, but stay away from the mods. Other than that, I like their products for the most part. And I like their ego batts because they have spring loaded pins.

4. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Those USB Passthroughs really only work with what would be High Ohms. Like 2.0 Ohms or so. Because USB ports just Can't Supply enough Amps to drive what Most People use today Ohm-wise.

I think a Computer 3.0 Port Max's Out around 0.9 Amps. And that Aint Much for Most Atomizer Builds. And even a 2 Amp Wall Charger is going to Starve Coils under 2.0 Ohms.

• Like Like x 1
  5. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    Hmmmm. I'd be using it for clearomizers 1.5 to 1.8 ohms @8-12 watts. Hoping to use in a car with 12V USB adapter, Looks like I'll need an adapter with a 3 amp or higher output.

https://www.amazon.com/2019-Metal-Car-Charger-MONGOORA/dp/B07VQ8GS26/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Car+3+Amp+12+Volt+USB&qid=1620010688&sr=8-3

6. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Yeah...?

Some of those Passthroughs might have a Hard Time working at 1.5 Ohms.

Also, Many of those "High" Amp USB Chargers rely on "Quick Charge" technology. So if whatever you plug into it Doesn't do a Quick Charge Handshake and tell the Charger it can handle Lots of Amp, the charger will do a Fall-Back to Lower Amps.

It Might Work. And if you Fry it, $4.95 isn't exactly going to Break the Bank.

7. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    Aaaaw nutz!!!!!!!!!! Now I have some things to think about.

Don't they make 3+ amp USB adapters that aren't "Quick Charge"?

I will tell you that many ego and even cigalike devices will fire at 1.5 ohms (yes I know that's not safe because of the batteries in those devices). I'll just use the PT at 1.8-2.0 ohms if I have to.

But I still need a 3+ amp charger!

8. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I'm sure they make a 3 Amp Low Tech Charger. They Make Everything.

I just Know about that Quick Charger thing because I bought a Charger thinking it would Pump Out 3 Amp. But when I got it it only would Output 1 Amp.

Then I saw in the Fine Print of the Instructions it said that 3 Amps was Only Available when connected to "Quick Charge" Compatible devices.

9. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World

Well I'll have to hunt around then. Another solution for me might also be to use a power bank, preferably a 2 or 3 cell 18650 power bank. I never shopped for a power bank. I have a couple mods that will work as power banks, but the max output is 1 amp. Quick look at power banks and the highest I'm seeing is 2 amp.

10. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    That's Funny you would Mention a Power Bank.

Because the Last Time I used a Passthrough was on a Camping Trip with it connected to this...

9800mah.jpg

And that was a LONG Time Ago.

LOL

I'm sure you can find 3 Amp 12v to USB Converter.

Or you could go Old School and rig one up Yourself with something like this...

https://www.amazon.com/Converter-Reduced-Voltage-Regulator-Interface/dp/B08F9QYJV2/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=dc-dc+12v+3a+usb&qid=1620013960&sr=8-1

11. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    • Like Like x 1
  12. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Yeah... on Today's cars, if you Hardwired something like that, the car would Probably send a NAV-SAT Alert to the OEM saying that an Unauthorized Modification had been made to the Electrical System. And to Void your Warrantee Immediately.

LOL

13. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    Well I wouldn't have to worry about that. I have an 18 year old car. I don't look forward to the day I have to buy another car. That might be as son as June. Car runs fine, but rocker panels are rusted to hell and back. Hard to pass inspection and paying for bodywork isn't really worth it. I've done some minor body work the last 5 years but I've done all I can do.

14. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    I'm beginning to think there is no such thing. All the 3A chargers I have found, be it wall or 12V, are all QC.