Status
Not open for further replies.

rustybikes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2011
Concord, NC
Greetings everyone. I'm making this my inaugural post here at ECF. The first of many, I hope. I'd have posted this in the Success Stories section, but yeah - I'm new here.

Like so many others here, I'm living a success story. I came to ECF (as a Guest) a couple weeks ago, as well as a few other places to discuss PVs, dealers, reviews, etc. to see what was going on in the eCig scene. My only contact with eCigs, so far, was a SE mall-kiosk eCig (with all the sub-optimal performance issues that those thing usually have). I (finally) made my choice last Sunday to pull the trigger on this. I figured than an eCig would help me transition off of analogs with as little pain (for losing my "routine" and "smoke" breaks with coworkers and such) in the process as possible. I was wrong (more on that in a sec). After absorbing the reviews and user feedback, I settled on an eGO-T. I liked the notion of a tank-system and the LR atties are really really effective. A shout out to Vicki at Cignot! She got everything I ordered on Sunday night to me on Wednesday afternoon. I think that's freakishly fast.

So, Wednesday evening, I familiarised myself with the gear, got batteries charged, etc. and played with some of the flavours I'd got. Before I knew it, it was bedtime. The next morning, I had a fleeting thought of having an analog with my coffee, but I was curious to see how the eGO would fill that spot. I kept the remainder of my last pack of analogs, "just in case", but my initial plan of weaning kinda fell apart. It was early afternoon (on Thursday) when I realised, to my surprise, that I had become functionally smoke-free overnight - literally. No serious cravings and no break to my routine at all. I still get to go outside for "smoke" breaks and hang out with my smoking coworkers. I've even begun to be a bit of an advocate for PVs in the process.

Saturday I woke up, having been dreaming of smoking analogs (a familiar scenario to many ex-smokers), and got out of bed determined to get an analog to start the day, on the way downstairs, I had a few puffs of my eGO. By the time I got to where I'd squirreled away the remainder of my supply, I'd totally lost the urge to have an analog after all. So I didn't.

The occasional urges have popped up since, but hitting my eGo a few times squashes the urge, and I've remained 100% analog free for the past week. It's not a long time, compared to many of the other testimonials here, but it's a pretty major milestone for me. In every previous quit (attempt), whether it be with patches, lozenges, gum, or whatever, I'd still be smoking a stray analog here and there within a few days after starting whatever NRT I chose that time.

I'm still a bit amazed that, even after ~30 years of smoking I was able, for the first time EVER, to quit overnight and make it stick for more than a hundred hours or so. Being quit a week is unheard of for me (and other members of my family who still smoke analogs), and I've the very clear sense that this is "the one" quit that is finally successful.

I have to thank everyone at ECF for helping educate me, give me new things to consider, and for ultimately introducing me to Vicki and Cignot. Seriously, from the bottom of my heart - you guys have, through your information, reviews, and recommendations, had a part in saving my life. I'm finally free of smoking, and you guys have had a HUGE role to play in that.

Thank you!!!

rustybikes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2011
Concord, NC
Congrats on making your start! I've been vaping for 10 weeks now, and am still amazed that it has worked for me. Nothing else has ever come close to making me give up analogs. It's a lot of fun too, experimenting with new equipment and juices. Good luck.

Thanks! Congrats to you as well!

Yeah - that's the other thing that's helping, I think - I get to geek-out on new equipment, juices, and how they all work together like this. I've been in IT, as a kind of IT-Ninja for 20-odd years, learning and hacking around on different systems/platforms/architectures so the "gadget" element of eCigs is really appealing to me.

blue8091

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
Vape Town
Congratulations on your HUGE accomplishment! I smoked for 30 years too so I completely understand your amazement at giving up analogs - just like that. For me it was 4:29PM I smoked analogs - 4:30PM I was vaping and have not looked back!!

Isn't it just amazing!! The confidence boost you just gave yourself is really as priceless as the whole quitting analogs is! Soon we will be hearing about your 2wk - 30 days - 60 days....

mafig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
malaysia
wow rustybikes:)that is great news! giving up analogs after a short spell on e-cig..took me 2 months on e-cig be4 i gave up analog for good and already 2 months strictly vaping under my belt..i too,have many members/veterans to thank with their encouragement as i did not think i could give up on analogs being a 30+yrs smoker..regards mafig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread