Mister-E Review @ Pure Michigan (Apple + Strawberry) - Come Taste The Pure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
Mister-E Pure Michigan

A few weeks ago I was selected to review this flavor from a drawing by Mister-E here @ ECF.

Passing out samples to community members for unbiased review is always a great way to spread the news about your flavors, and at the same time it's also a nice way to give a little something back to the community as well. For this Mister-E, we thank you!! :thumbs:

And so, needless to say, here I am to share my review with you on the Handcrafted & Made in the USA Pure Michigan by Mister-E

ltJRA.jpg

The order was placed, and then steeped for about 2 weeks before being shipped. When I opened the package I found several slick Mister-E business cards, with their contact info and a %10 off coupon code on the reverse. Also included was a Thank You / Steeping business card, this card passed along their gratitude for your order, and gives their recommended steeping time on the front. On the reverse the steeping process is explained for anyone that is unsure, and the liquid creation date is noted so you will know how long it's already been steeping, or how long you still need to steep for best flavor. Also included in the package was a large circular Mister-E black-n-white sticker.

And finally, a small 2ml sample of a new unreleased flavor was included as well, Bermuda Rain @ 12mg 33% VG. I'll have to review that flavor at a later date, once I've cleaned a few of my devices out and made some new wicks. For now I will tell you that Bermuda Rain is going to be a hugh hit for the Coconut lovers out there, to me it's a killer awesome flavor, tasting exactly like I took a nice swig out of a big bottle of Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay coconut rum! I personally love this flavor, and want some more NOW! (hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge) :)

Ok, lets take a look at Pure Michigan E-Liquid flavor!

u7WIq.jpg

Mister-E Says - Pure Michigan is a mix of apple and strawberry, two of Michigan's best summer cash crops, blended to perfection for a pure flavorful vape. That's Pure Michigan. (steep time is around 5 days. This juice starts clear, when it turns a nice green tint, it is ready to vape!)

The Juice - 24mg Nic, MEL Custom Blend VG ratio @ 33%, steeped for about 14 days. Color - light yellow/greenish tint. Smell- Fruity sweet, light apple

Flavor - Exactly as stated in their description, A light strawberry and apple mix! Pure Michigan tastes so pure you will be amazed, I'd almost say organic tasting! It's sweet, but the sweetness is very natural tasting, light and airy, and not overpowering in any way

Hardware Used - eGo 650mah & Kanger Bottom Coil Clearo (2.8-3ohms) + VAMO & IGO-L @ 1.5ohms 5-9 watts (Silica and SS Mesh both used and tested separately)

Throat hit - Decent @ 24mg - 4/5

Vapor production - surprisingly good for 67% PG - 4/5

Vapor Aroma - Lightly sweet & fruity -3.5/5

Flavor strength - Medium - 3.5/5

Overall Flavor Rating - I'd rate this flavor @ 8.5/10

Recommended Steeping - Mister-E recommends a steeping period of 7 days. The sample I received was pre-steeped, born on 12-17 and shipped to me on the 28th, arriving on the 30th. They do include a business card with your order including the "born on date", and steeping information explaining the steeping process and their recommended steeping time.

Overall Opinion - In order to be honest I have mention something right up-front, I personally do not like apple flavors... normally, so I was a bit unsure how this would come across to me. And after trying it for a few days, I have to say I'm very impressed with the overall flavor!

At first the apple was right up front, and of course that wasn't very ideal for me, but I think it was just the initial taste of apple making me think twice. Once I vaped it for a while that passed and I thoroughly enjoyed this flavor! It's a lighter flavor all around, and naturally it's slightly sweet, so that makes it enjoyable to me right from the start as I do enjoy sweet flavors.

On inhale you get the sweet apple taste with a very light strawberry, and when exhaling the strawberry shines a little more. Neither of these fruit flavors are "Candy-like", both tastes come across as fresh picked fruit and that's a HUGE plus for this flavor! Many users tend to like fresh fruit flavors over the usually over sweet candy types, and Pure Michigan is just that - Pure fresh fruit that tastes like it was just picked earlier that day!

As an aside, I really like the plastic bottles they use! :) They are nice and firm, and the bottle caps screw down tight and secure so you know it's fully closed! This is quite a change to me, from many of the thinner bottles out there using the child-proof caps. I dislike those because it always feel like I'm never quite sure if liquid can spill out, no matter how tight you screw down the lids. :D

Pure Michigan prices start as low as at $3.75 for 6ml, for 18ml the price iss $13.70, and finally $18.75 for 36ml. Nic content is available from 0mg to 32mg in 6mg increments, and custom VG amounts are available from 0% to 50%

Stop by Mister-E and grab your bottle of Pure Michigan today!
Pure Michigan E-Liquid from Mister-E-Liquid.com

This is my first ejuice review, and I'd love to know how I'm doing, so comments and criticisms would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
I think you added a LOT of detail in your review and love that you added nice pics as well. Great job!!

I have Pure Michigan Ice and love it, though I do prefer Strawberry Ice.

I think their Ice line is awesome and recommend it to menthol fans regularly :)

Thanks Loverridden, I really appreciate you taking the time to tell me what you thought of the review, thanks!

I'm a menthol person too, so I'm sure I'd love the Ice line as well! This was my first taste of any of their juices, and I really like the "Fresh" feel they have, so I'm sure I'll be trying more in the future.

I think you did great! Very informative! And I love that you added pictures!

Thanks Robin, positive feedback coming from you feels great, since I really like your reviews too! Thanks for taking the time to stop in and give me your thoughts on this, I was about to PM you a link too and you beat me to it :)

Thanks to you both about the pic comments too! I've read plenty of reviews here, and rarely see any images. I like to see juice when someones talking about it, even if it's just a stock photo. So I decided I must include some images in mine since that has always been missing for me in other reviews. Hopefully this can start a trend, I always want to see pics of the juice and any other fancy materials or samples included with packages :)

Got to run, thanks again to the both of you for your thoughts! :toast:

MamaBird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Pennsylvania, USA
Yeah no problem! I was almost the first person to reply, but I had to use the ladies room before I hit submit and someone beat me to it.

And yes, you are right about the pictures...It is something I always want to add to my reviews, but rarely do, mainly just because its a huge pain in the .... for me. But you are right, you are starting a trend we will all have to adopt! lol. Way to go, you really did good work here!

Thanks Loverridden, I really appreciate you taking the time to tell me what you thought of the review, thanks!

I'm a menthol person too, so I'm sure I'd love the Ice line as well! This was my first taste of any of their juices, and I really like the "Fresh" feel they have, so I'm sure I'll be trying more in the future.

Thanks Robin, positive feedback coming from you feels great, since I really like your reviews too! Thanks for taking the time to stop in and give me your thoughts on this, I was about to PM you a link too and you beat me to it :)

Thanks to you both about the pic comments too! I've read plenty of reviews here, and rarely see any images. I like to see juice when someones talking about it, even if it's just a stock photo. So I decided I must include some images in mine since that has always been missing for me in other reviews. Hopefully this can start a trend, I always want to see pics of the juice and any other fancy materials or samples included with packages :)

Got to run, thanks again to the both of you for your thoughts! :toast:

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
Haha, that happens to me a lot too because I like to open 10-20 tabs at once from a section, then mark that section read, and then read or reply to each tab as I go. So ya there's been plenty of times that happens to me, it sucks when it's a contest thread too! Sometimes I'll do that and miss the number I might have been in the drawing if I would have replied when I first opened the tab.

I'm really glad everyone likes the pics being in the reviews, hopefully it will start a trend because I always like to see pics! I do realize my pics aren't the best though, my good camera was gone today so I had to use an old cheapie :) Next review I do they will be better!

Since you do a lot of reviews Robin, I look forward to some pics in your next reviews. You'd be the one to get everyone caught on to adding pics in reviews since you do them so often! :)

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Very good review. Pure Michigan taught me something. I only like Granny Smith green apples. The apple taste in this juice is from a yellow apple and so pronounced the strawberry did not save it for me. I can also taste the apple skin in it and I peel my apples. I may try it again to see what a three-month steep did and hope the apple has decreased. I, too, love Bermuda Rain and just found out from my daughter, who asked Dan how to get Technicolor, that if you put in your comments to "substitue" Bermuda Rain for some other juice you bought they send it to you. The problem is that once you've checked out they can't change the total. So when I order next, I'll order two bottles of my ADV and ask them to substitute Bermuda Rain for one of them. I'm going to do it that way just in case whoever packs it doesn't notice my comment... nothing lost then.

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts
WoW!
What an excellent review! You sound just like a professional, I think you missed your calling! I love the pics, too! I also tried these two and absolutely loved both of them! It is hard to describe just how clean tasting they are. They do taste unlike any juice I have ever had before! Typically, I do no go much for apple flavors, but I am really in love with this one. The mix ix perfect and I will be ordering a 36 mil bottle as soon as I can! :)

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
Very good review. Pure Michigan taught me something. I only like Granny Smith green apples. The apple taste in this juice is from a yellow apple and so pronounced the strawberry did not save it for me. I can also taste the apple skin in it and I peel my apples. I may try it again to see what a three-month steep did and hope the apple has decreased. I, too, love Bermuda Rain and just found out from my daughter, who asked Dan how to get Technicolor, that if you put in your comments to "substitue" Bermuda Rain for some other juice you bought they send it to you. The problem is that once you've checked out they can't change the total. So when I order next, I'll order two bottles of my ADV and ask them to substitute Bermuda Rain for one of them. I'm going to do it that way just in case whoever packs it doesn't notice my comment... nothing lost then.

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I really don't like apple flavors, more so candy apple flavors. The fresh apple taste in this juice was much better to me though, so I actually didn't mind it at all. I do agree though, it does overpower the strawberry, more-so than I would prefer personally. That might just be my general dislike of apple flavors though, but I do agree and wish it had a stronger strawberry flavor in there as well. It's good though, and I didn't expect that at all when I saw apple mentioned.

Thanks for the tip on unreleased flavors. They told me that too later in emails, and said I could mention it to everyone too, so I plan to make note of that in my next review.

Speaking of my next review, here in a steep/week or so I'll be reviewing Bermuda Rain, and might cover the Jamocho haze sample I received as well. Keep an eye out!

WoW!
What an excellent review! You sound just like a professional, I think you missed your calling! I love the pics, too! I also tried these two and absolutely loved both of them! It is hard to describe just how clean tasting they are. They do taste unlike any juice I have ever had before! Typically, I do no go much for apple flavors, but I am really in love with this one. The mix ix perfect and I will be ordering a 36 mil bottle as soon as I can! :)

Wow, THANK YOU! :toast:

It's so great to get feedback like that, I appreciate it very much!! Glad you liked the added images too, I thought about it and wasn't sure since I hadn't seen many others including them, but since it was something I'd always wish was included in all reviews I felt I should go ahead and include in mine to hopefully get others to jump aboard too.

You're right, Mister-E juices are very clean and fresh tasting, it's very refreshing! Hope to see your review soon, I'd love to hear your full thoughts too, and I'm sure the community would as well. Since we both tried these at the same time it'll be great to read others thoughts on the flavors too. I think there was 10 of us selected for this review round on Pure Michigan, maybe 11, but I only see 1-2 other reviews here, have you seen any others maybe on youtube?

Thanks again to the both of you for your thoughts, for taking the time just to stop and read my review, and then write out a reply!

Hope you all enjoy my next review too, will be posted soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread