Mix ratios and RTA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill M.

May 8, 2017
Greensboro, Md. U.S.A.
Hello to all, I have been vaping for 26 months now and for the last 5 months I have been using rta's only. I have been using 80vg/20pg but due to a job related lung disease I now find that the 80vg is too much so I was thinking of going to 60vg/40pg but I am wondering if that would be to thin and leak like crazy. I'm now using 2 Vandyvape rta's, a Triple 28 which I'm going to retire and a Kylin dual coil. I also am waiting on 2 dual coil Digiflavor Themis RTA's and an Ijoy Captain Elite single coil. Both Vandy's are top fill, bottom air flow as is the Ijoy. The 2 Digi's are top fill and air flow. Any help will be appreciated, and thanks to all.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hello to all, I have been vaping for 26 months now and for the last 5 months I have been using RTA's only. I have been using 80vg/20pg but due to a job related lung disease I now find that the 80pg is too much so I was thinking of going to 60vg/40pg but I am wondering if that would be to thin and leak like crazy. I'm now using 2 Vandyvape RTA's, a Triple 28 which I'm going to retire and a Kylin dual coil. I also am waiting on 2 dual coil Digiflavor Themis RTA's and an Ijoy Captain Elite single coil. Both Vandy's are top fill, bottom air flow as is the Ijoy. The 2 Digi's are top fill and air flow. Any help will be appreciated, and thanks to all.
My lungs were feeling heavy and I started to add dw (distilled water) to my mixes after reading about it. Maybe try the 60vg/40vg with 5% dw. You may have to adjust your wicking some but you should be okay with an rta. You will go thru juice quickly. What is the size of your usual coils?

Bill M.

May 8, 2017
Greensboro, Md. U.S.A.
My lungs were feeling heavy and I started to add dw (distilled water) to my mixes after reading about it. Maybe try the 60vg/40vg with 5% dw. You may have to adjust your wicking some but you should be okay with an rta. You will go thru juice quickly. What is the size of your usual coils?
The coils I use now are 3mm ID, .15 to .3 ohm

Bill M.

May 8, 2017
Greensboro, Md. U.S.A.
I think you'd be fine with a thinner juice in most if not all of those setups. As Letitia said, your wicking will be key to avoid leaks, but I think it would be doable.

Anan
Thanks Anan, I do real good with wicking, I just have to get the mix right to take the congestion away

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
:shock: Try none! I have 40+ tanks and use zero vg in any of them and none leak. Vg for me just mutes taste and makes clouds.
I wouldn't even be willing to try all pg. I'm sure it would shred my throat, I can't even handle freebase anymore and mix with salts.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Hello to all, I have been vaping for 26 months now and for the last 5 months I have been using RTA's only. I have been using 80vg/20pg but due to a job related lung disease I now find that the 80vg is too much so I was thinking of going to 60vg/40pg but I am wondering if that would be to thin and leak like crazy. I'm now using 2 Vandyvape RTA's, a Triple 28 which I'm going to retire and a Kylin dual coil. I also am waiting on 2 dual coil Digiflavor Themis RTA's and an Ijoy Captain Elite single coil. Both Vandy's are top fill, bottom air flow as is the Ijoy. The 2 Digi's are top fill and air flow. Any help will be appreciated, and thanks to all.

I was having a problem with high VG so what I did is dial back the VG by 5% and try vaping it for about a week. When it was still giving me congestion I kept dialing it back by 5% until I hit my sweet spot. For me, that sweet spot turned out to be 65% VG/ 35% PG. I use this ratio is all my RTA's and have no problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread