Mixing E-Liquid with Doubler

Status
Not open for further replies.

wphsmike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2010
Orlando, FL
I just received my 1oz of 48 Mg Peach Cobbler from Tasty Vapor as well as a 4 oz Doubler. I was wondering how y'all mix the two together.

I'm new to all of this and learning quickly. I really need a site that has mixing bottles, a syringe of some sort, and cartos for an ego.

I don't want to have to order from many different sites. So I guess I supplied y'all with two questions! Thanks so much in advance! :thumb:

wphsmike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2010
Orlando, FL
I guess the question is do I need a 5 Oz bottle to mix the two in? Also, pointed needle or blunt? What size of syringe? I want to mix the two together for the 9.6mg liquid.

Also, looking at cartomizers. I don't know if the hard ones or the soft cap ones are the best. I've read up on them a little, and it seems the soft ones are more popular.

Last edited:

Nikhil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Louisville, KY
You don't have to mix it all at once, you can even mix just 10ml at a time as long as you get the proportions right. If you're mixing 1oz 48mg with 4oz 0mg, just remember it's a 20/80 ratio, so for 10ml you need 2ml of the 48mg and 8ml of the doubler. Get whatever bottles you want.

Blunt/sharp doesn't really matter unless you're worried about pricking yourself or kids finding it. A smaller gauge needle = wider needle, and you'll want 18 or less. The size of the syringe depends on how much you want to mix at once, although you can just measure multiple times with a smaller syringe if you must.

Not sure about soft cap vs. hard cap, I have one set of cartomizers and don't even know if they're soft or hard.

snorkelsandy

May 27, 2010
SC
You don't have to mix it all at once, you can even mix just 10ml at a time as long as you get the proportions right. If you're mixing 1oz 48mg with 4oz 0mg, just remember it's a 20/80 ratio, so for 10ml you need 2ml of the 48mg and 8ml of the doubler.

I keep reading about proper proportions. But don't you have the option to mix it any way you want? If I want it stronger, just mix half and half. If I want it weaker, just mix 1/4 to 3/4 doubler, and so on. We don't have to be exact, do we? Unless you are following a specific cessation program to reduce a certain amount every week/month or so.

Maybe I got this all wrong because I keep reading about formulas, spreadsheets and so on.

Curious and learning,
sandy

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Northern San Diego county
snorklesandy - The short answer is yes, mix to your hearts content.

The purpose of the formulas is that there is a target mg you're trying to acheive. In my case it's 25mg/ml. That's what I like. More is too much (30+mg/ml) and less (20-mg/ml) is too little. Many of us are OCD enough to be more exact with chemicals that can kill us. People can OD (and die) at .5mg - 1mg per kilo of body weight. But it is not likely that you'll accidently drink or absorb (through the skin) that much juice. In my case it's about 4 mls of my 25mg/ml juice and then I die. The other thing the formulas are for is the taste, flavor, vapor and throat hit of the juice.

Last edited:

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
well I use the simple method.. which isn't bad when makeing small portions

I just use the bottles they come in and count drops... I have OCD and very patient so I can do a 15ml bottle no problem :D

and simple math

with 48mg if you want 24mg that is 1 to 1 drop per drop
16mg is 2 drops of doubler per drop of eliquid
12mg is 3 drops doubler per drop of eliquid

if you want any strength outside of a number that goes into the 48mg you will have to measure...... but if the number does go into 48 you simply divide 48 by the desired strenght and that will be the ratio you need (subtractin 1 for eliquid and the remander will be drops of doubler)

Last edited:

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
It is true that you can buy a syringe at Walgreens or CVS? Or do you have to see the pharmacist? :blink:
If you want a syringe with a needle, you have to see the pharmacist, but anyone can buy them as long as you're 18 or older. They don't ask questions. If you want a syringe without a needle you can get those OTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread