Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Welcome to the dubious joys of smok ownership. The company is famous for its terrible quality control. You probably broke of a bit of some plastic piece or other keeping the button steady. I would suggest getting a backup device first before trying to take it apart. Things often do not go back together well again. It is not uncommon for SMOK mods lo last as little as a few weeks.

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

Mikehla

Dec 17, 2018
I had a v8 priv mod that I couldn't adjust the wattage on and I dropped it a couple of times and it worked. Eventually the cover over the button came loose but I could still press it. I'm trying to find more ways to pry it. When I pull on one side the other side gets stuck. I'm heartbroken over it because I just got it and it was higher quality than most. Ugh!!
Welcome to the dubious joys of SMOK ownership. The company is famous for its terrible quality control. You probably broke of a bit of some plastic piece or other keeping the button steady. I would suggest getting a backup device first before trying to take it apart. Things often do not go back together well again. It is not uncommon for SMOK mods lo last as little as a few weeks.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I had a v8 priv mod that I couldn't adjust the wattage on and I dropped it a couple of times and it worked. Eventually the cover over the button came loose but I could still press it. I'm trying to find more ways to pry it. When I pull on one side the other side gets stuck. I'm heartbroken over it because I just got it and it was higher quality than most. Ugh!!
Your definition of “most” seems a little limited. Are you saying “best available at that particular vape store”? The only way I can see to possibly repair it is to disassemble it so you can get at the back, and that’s pretty inadvisable for a couple reasons.
One is that it’s SMOK and is probably being held together with spit and positive thoughts to begin with so taking it apart may produce a worse mess.
The other is that you don’t want to have a no functional device when it may tak awhile to get it back together again.
Generally people who buy SMOK mods just get something else and chalk it up to experience.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I'm sorry that you're having trouble with the mod. The button sticking like that is not something you want happening obviously and could be dangerous.

I had my first and last ever Smok mod break on me after a month when I was a new vaper. It was a lesson learned. If you're serious about vaping, invest in a good mod. You can get a dna chip device for the price of 2 Smok mods that will be reliable and save you money in the long run. GeekVape makes good products as well, I'm currently doing a long term test on an Aegis Legend that I purposely drop and have over 100K puffs on and it's still going strong!
There are a lot of good products out there, unfortunately Smok is good at marketing and very little else.

Welcome to the forum and good luck!

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I've ended up donating the few SMOK mods I had to friends that were trying to quit smoking. No big loss to me, and I figured if they were serious about vaping and hadn't moved on to another device when it broke, I would loan them one until they did.

Many folks don't have problems with SMOK devices. None of the ones I had ever quit on me, but they are definitely low on the quality end compared to many other devices available in the same, or even less expensive price range.

I have a few of their tanks that are for emergency use (no time to build anything), but I won't buy any of their devices these days. Why take a chance when there are better devices out there for less or equal money.

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I have a SMOK Devilkin 225 watt with a prince tank and I dropped it. The button seems jammed. I was able to pry it out but when I press it to hit it gets stuck again and will keep firing until I pry it back out. Any suggestions or ideas? This sucks and I just got it not too long ago!!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Some folks on the go have a tendency to drop mods more than others. Suggest you look at more hardy drop proof type mods in the future. Could look at:
asMODus Amighty 100W Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread