Status
Not open for further replies.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I figured I'd pass this along because I really think that many vapers when upgrading their rigs focus on the bright and shiny parts (the mod) and ignore the most important part (the atty).

I have had my share of upgradeitis. Moving from Ego Sticks to VV3's to MVP's to sigelei's to ProVari. I still have all of them and they each serve a purpose.

But to be honest, there was no greater upgrade to my vape experience than when I upgraded my topper to a Kayfun Clone.

Now I'm not going to say that the Kayfun is the ONLY thing available, but it is one heck of a nice vape.

The point of my post is this. When upgrading, don't forget what holds your juice. All Clearo/Carto's are NOT created equal.

If you have something like a MVP2 or sigelei and are expecting a life changing experience when you get your ProVari, well, I hate to say it, but you may be disappointed. My ProVari is a great piece of rig, I love it's quality, I love it's ruggedness and it just feels "right" in my hand. But honestly, I don't notice oceans of difference between it and my MVP2, or Sigelei.

It is smoother than my Sigelei and it is more consistent than my MVP2 (especially as the MVP2 reaches the end of it's discharge cycle).

But for me, changing from ProTank to the Kayfun was an eye opener. More so than the first time I tried a ProVari.

Bottom line is, if you are investing your hard earned money on upgrading your mod. Don't neglect what you are screwing into that fancy mod.

A nice new regulated mod can only take you so far.

Personally if someone came up to me and said "I have a Sigelei and want to upgrade and have about $100.00 to spend, what would you suggest?" then my first answer would not be another mod....It would be a Kayfun.....

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I figured I'd pass this along because I really think that many vapers when upgrading their rigs focus on the bright and shiny parts (the mod) and ignore the most important part (the atty).

I have had my share of upgradeitis. Moving from Ego Sticks to VV3's to MVP's to Sigelei's to ProVari. I still have all of them and they each serve a purpose.

But to be honest, there was no greater upgrade to my vape experience than when I upgraded my topper to a Kayfun Clone.

Now I'm not going to say that the Kayfun is the ONLY thing available, but it is one heck of a nice vape.

The point of my post is this. When upgrading, don't forget what holds your juice. All Clearo/Carto's are NOT created equal.

If you have something like a MVP2 or Sigelei and are expecting a life changing experience when you get your ProVari, well, I hate to say it, but you may be disappointed. My ProVari is a great piece of rig, I love it's quality, I love it's ruggedness and it just feels "right" in my hand. But honestly, I don't notice oceans of difference between it and my MVP2, or Sigelei.

It is smoother than my Sigelei and it is more consistent than my MVP2 (especially as the MVP2 reaches the end of it's discharge cycle).

But for me, changing from ProTank to the Kayfun was an eye opener. More so than the first time I tried a ProVari.

Bottom line is, if you are investing your hard earned money on upgrading your mod. Don't neglect what you are screwing into that fancy mod.

Personally if someone came up to me and said "I have a Sigelei and want to upgrade and have about $100.00 to spend, what would you suggest?" then my first answer would not be another mod....It would be a Kayfun.....

The most reasonable, rational, comment I have seen in quite a while. Cudos! :):):)

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
That's one reason for new vapers to get a couple of these:

1382500-4.jpg

And focus on the tank and liquid to get them started.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida

I have had my share of upgradeitis. Moving from Ego Sticks to VV3's to MVP's to Sigelei's to ProVari. I still have all of them and they each serve a purpose.

If you have something like a MVP2 or Sigelei and are expecting a life changing experience when you get your ProVari, well, I hate to say it, but you may be disappointed. My ProVari is a great piece of rig, I love it's quality, I love it's ruggedness and it just feels "right" in my hand. But honestly, I don't notice oceans of difference between it and my MVP2, or Sigelei.

I agree with this, except that looking back on my vaping career so far, whatever I've found to be my ultimate vaping experience, has only been temporary. Something always comes along that raises the bar a little more.

Richard75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Pennsylvania
I went through my mod craze while I was still using carto tanks. After you find two or three mods you absolutely love, you start looking into nice toppers, and suddenly you have atomizer craze. Then one day, you get an atomizer or two that you absolutely love, and you want a nice new mod to compliment it. So you go back to the mod craze...

It's a cycle. :)

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
That's one reason for new vapers to get a couple of these:

1382500-4.jpg

And focus on the tank and liquid to get them started.

I was thinking about making a battery pack to clip on my belt and plug this into it. Or make a hand held mod box.

-----

We bought some cheapo ego style kits with CE5 tops. I picked up the wife's MVP and took a few puffs off of it. Peanut Butter Cuppy, the flavor was intense and good cloud. I thought it was funny that with all the fancy toppers we have the cheap one works so well.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I was thinking about making a battery pack to clip on my belt and plug this into it. Or make a hand held mod box.

-----

We bought some cheapo ego style kits with CE5 tops. I picked up the wife's MVP and took a few puffs off of it. Peanut Butter Cuppy, the flavor was intense and good cloud. I thought it was funny that with all the fancy toppers we have the cheap one works so well.

Me too!!

I'm thinking a small 6 or 12 volt battery that I think is pretty common at radio shack nowadays.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
As a Topper Hopper, I concur. Now that I have discovered the Capabilities of RBA's I have pretty much settled in on Mechanical mods, most with a Kick to regulate consistency.
I now have 7 Kayfun Variants and a few Ithaka types. I am Extremely satisfied with the Jump in Vape enjoyment since upgrading.

aage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
iceland
I tend to get over the top when I start new things I like. I usually end up with some good stuff , but on the way to there I often spend a lot of money buying sub quality equipments. I´m now over middle age and I know myself a bit better than when younger.

When I got into this Ecig thing. I immediately found out this was something I would love, so I made the decision to do it right from the beginning. After the ego , I ordered a VTR, Kayfun mini and a Squape. WOW do I love these and still do. Then next step was to buy a Mechanical mod GP Tahiti , then a kayfun lite +, love it so much that I decided to buy another one and then came the Chi YOU mod and I totally love these things. Quality and Beauty inside out. I don't regret buying any of these and would buy it again and again.

Now I´m waiting for the beautiful Gus kiss and Gus Lord. Then I think I´m done for a while :mail:

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
Put a Vision Nano clearo on an eGo and it is a nice vape for the price -- usable but nothing to go wild over. Put it on a Provari or MVP, and it is almost the same; you can get a bit more flavour by varying the power. On the other hand, if you put a Russian 91% on an eGo, it's almost as good as it is on a Provari et al, and a world away from a cheap disposable clearo.

PGR-Scooter

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Orange, CA
I agree but my Kayfuns have been replaced by a couple of Taifun GTs as my current favorite toppers.
There is a learning curve to wicking these beasts but once mastered they are great.
I'm using a micro coil and cotton wick. I thread the cotton thru the coil and leave enough to fold the ends back just short of touching the coil. I cut them off just a bit past the chamber after I've assembled it.
I've not had any leaking in several weeks.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway

-----

This might be just what you're looking for:

$10.10 ENB 1A 1/2*18650 Li-ion Battery USB Emergency Charger Power Bank - black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I got a couple of these to get some more utility out of my mod batteries. FT also has a 3-battery version. I got one of both. Great to charge a phone or a small tablet if they don't mind the 1 amp output. I do a weekly 3 hour round-trip bus drive... and I no longer dread forgetting to charge my phone or mp3-player. Just grab the box and a handful of batteries, and I'm good for days. Just don't forget the charging cable, lol. Get a short one and tuck it inside the box when not full of batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread