Modding a PCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeelMyRoth

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2012
Texas
Hi there,

Didn't want to jumble a thread with 2 questions, so I started a separate thread for each, also gives me post so win-win. Anywho, as stated in my other post I use the Kr808D. I have 4 KR808 PCCs and all work well as they get a day and a half to 2 days recharge time for my units which typically last about 6 hours to 3 depending on useage between charges. Now the only reason I switched to a bigger unit like the 808's over the smaller unit like the L88B from Volcano was the PCC. I know alot of people sight the vapor production or other things as their negatives, but to be honest with 24mg juice the Volcano was perfect for me and really no different vapor production from the 808's.

K, so here's my problem with the pcc. If I am out say at a bar and am just vaping away on a volcano, and constantly switching batteries, the PCC lasts about 2 hours, thats a short night unless you carry 2 PCC's, which i did TWICE. Not a good look, maybe I should bring cargo pants back, or not. I swittched to 808s right away and fixed that problem, now time to fix the 808 size problem for me, I not only love the volcano size but I love the 808 PCC designs as well, don't want something that looks like a pack of smokes like the 510 and L88B's I want something that looks better than a pack of smokes. I am trying to mod a 808 pack to charge a L88B battery or one like in size(length). I tried an adapter but it only caused the LED to flash and the charging indicator never came on. I was however using a 510to808D-1 adapter maybe not the correct adapter for this project if an adapter can even do it. The other option is buying a Volcano PCC and opening it up and taking the connector for the L88B and switching it into the 808 PCC's connector slot. Anyone have any Ideas how this will work or even if it will work. I know it probably seems crazy but I would love to be able to take my Volcano's out for a night and not have to worry about the PCC dying. I'm fine sticking with 808's too since there are more cart options but the sleekness of a smaller unit always had smokers saying "can I try that" rather than "what the hell is that". Until then I will just have to continue to choke up on the 808 lol to give off the illusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread