Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
You know more like a faster fire, reading ohm's more correctly, I tried Aromamizer Plus rdta on sx mini g class and Revenger, believe me or not, the flavor has Changed

I misunderstood your question, I thought there was something wrong with your power device mode's.
Like Vw/power, TC Ni, TC Ti, TC SS, pre heat or soft, normal, high etc...

Might look into DNA devices, some folks seem to think quite highly of them.

I wouldn't put a lot of weight on anything Rip trippers says when considering something to buy, mostly a hype style salesman for those that send him free stuff.

Konuralp Karbeyaz

Jun 20, 2018
I misunderstood your question, I thought there was something wrong with your power device mode's.
Like Vw/power, TC Ni, TC Ti, TC SS, pre heat or soft, normal, high etc...

Might look into DNA devices, some folks seem to think quite highly of them.

I wouldn't put a lot of weight on anything Rip trippers says when considering something to buy, mostly a hype style salesman for those that send him free stuff.
There is only one dna amd that is lost vape am I right?

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I suggest you start looking at various vendors web sites to see the various makers & models, there are far too many for me to make recommendations.
Start with the forums vendor list and or google.
Or look through the APV VW / TC forums further down the main page to get more ideas.

There are literally hundreds of power devices all with similar features on the market, picking one is dependent on all sorts of individual wants, needs & budget range.
Kind of like asking what vehicle should I buy.

If you liked the sx mini g class why not use it or buy another.

Might look through this thread to see what catches your eye ---> Picture of Your Setup Part 3!

Last edited:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I’m going to tell you that from MY vaping experience my Revenger X vapes just as well and just as quickly as any of the 3 DNA and 1 Yihi mods I have. The Omni board is a really good chip for all modes including TC.

If you have the original Revenger have you updated the firmware from the Vaporesso site? If not you should it may increase the fire time.

Konuralp Karbeyaz

Jun 20, 2018
I’m going to tell you that from MY vaping experience my Revenger X vapes just as well and just as quickly as any of the 3 DNA and 1 Yihi mods I have. The Omni board is a really good chip for all modes including TC.

If you have the original Revenger have you updated the firmware from the Vaporesso site? If not you should it may increase the fire time.
I have question for you, I tried to use tc mode I did set 0.92 and set up ohm (locked it) and tried to use it but it didnt work. Did it happen because I used 316ssL fused clapton(mkws)?

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio

I have a Revenger x and a Dna250c. The latter has a preheat ‘punch’ which can be adjusted. I have mine set to 5. I haven’t goofed with the X to see if it does the same, I’m just vaping in power medium.

I do find the 250 to be a nice smooth vape, which I’m sure the OP would enjoy, but would I recommend it over the X, considering the cost? Probably not lol. X is a great mod, especially at the price point.

There are other DNAs less expensive, and those are easy enough to find with a quick search.

• Useful

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Last edited:
  • Useful

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Depending on your wattage needs, a 75watt DNA mod could work.

However, there are plenty of non DNA mods that will allow you to create your own wattage curve and offer a "hard, normal, etc." mode. Teslacigs for one is a mod maker that has a very nice board (IMHO) and has such settings as well as user curve. I set my own curve, primarily for a very "soft" initial hit, in order to sort of "wake up" the coil, as it were. Their designs are all over the place so you my find one that is visually appealing (or, that none of them are). However, I also find they do a pretty decent job of TC (and I do have one 75w DNA device, so I have done some comparison).

Just a thought, and they don't break the bank exactly either. Etc.

Anna

• Useful
Reactions: Opinionated

Konuralp Karbeyaz

Jun 20, 2018

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I guess I'm still confused,
the OP just asked a question about a TC 'mode' not functioning using a fused Clapton in ss tc 'mode'.

A new or different power device won't change the fact you must use a tc compatible wire type with the appropriate tc mode.
I have no idea if the wire is labeled or advertised correctly, I trust fastech and the reviews there about as far as I can throw an elephant.

.92 Clapton is fairly high resistance for tc, alot of metal/mass to heat, will heat slowly, may kick it out of tc, not fire well or at all.
Is the coil(s) spaced or contact?

• Useful
Reactions: Opinionated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread