Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
So apparently lost vape decided to spin off a sister company (Modefined) to make lower cost mods using their own dna C series clone boards. The result is the Sirus 200W TC mod. I am finding this at reputable online dealers in the $50 range. For a 200w version of a dna 200c board that isn't even out yet is quite appealing. My problem is that this is not only a new device, but technically a new company and they don't even have a website yet (nor are these sold or supported directly by Lost Vape). So I am wondering is not having a website too big of a red flag to consider this device at this time? Does anyone have any experience with this device (or their other device the "Prism")?

Just looking for opinions and thoughts.

Reactions: stols001

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
To be honest, there are quite a few major companies that have horrible CS and never get back to you on there products. In a nice way, lost vape mods are moderately priced. Lets say normally north of $100 bucks and this one is $50. On the other hand the wismec is under 50 and there are still a ton of them out there

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I think sometimes it's worth trying a "new" company if the pricing is good, esp if this split off from a larger company. I've not heard anything negative about these mods, either. Best of luck in deciding!

Anna

Oh I ended up ordering a Hcigar VT75D (Dual battery DNA 75c mod). I had been hoping that DJLsb or PBusardo would review this and put it on the oscilloscope to check for accuracy in the board, but I couldn't wait any longer.

It is still a very interesting device and if they can maintain Lost Vapes quality at these more reasonable prices they are going to make some great stuff and a lot of $$.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Oh I ended up ordering a Hcigar VT75D (Dual battery DNA 75c mod). I had been hoping that DJLsb or PBusardo would review this and put it on the oscilloscope to check for accuracy in the board, but I couldn't wait any longer.

It is still a very interesting device and if they can maintain Lost Vapes quality at these more reasonable prices they are going to make some great stuff and a lot of $$.

I think you'll like it. It's a tiny little thing and no paint to fall off!! I have been sooooo tempted to buy a scope since I started vaping. Just can't get off the money as of yet.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Congrats on your new mod, I am sure you will enjoy it. As far as your question about purchasing that mod from a new company that does not have a website or possibly no customer service, I feel it boils down to what can you afford to lose and how disappointed you would feel if it didn't live up to it's expectations. If none of that is an issue then I would say go for it, but if you want to be guaranteed that you are getting the best bang for your buck then I would give it a pass and go for something else. Just my opinion and how I gauge my purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread