Status
Not open for further replies.

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
Hi all. This is my first post.

Long story short, I was the 3 pack a day smoker that would smoke indoors even with all the windows closed. The car was in a virtual cloud of smoke at all times. You get the picture..........

I have switched fully to e-cigs. Problem is, the 2 DUOs that I have aren't cutting it. I am constantly
puffing on one and charging the other. The 16mg cartomizers don't last but for a few hours and this is getting ridiculous.

I need an industrial strength solution with a serious (and I mean serious) throat hit each and every time.It would be nice if someone could break this down for me and create a "heavy duty vaping system" for me .

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

P.S. I tried posting in the EXPERTS forum but it said I didn't have access yet.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Welcome, edo!

You really need to consider getting either a Riva or an eGo kit. The batteries are bigger and will last 6-8 hours between charges. You can get cartridges or cartomizers and juice to refill them. It sounds like you might also want to increase the nic level just a tad to maybe 18mg so you can take care of any cravings you might be having.

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
Hi all. This is my first post.

I have switched fully to e-cigs. Problem is, the 2 DUOs that I have aren't cutting it. I am constantly
puffing on one and charging the other. The 16mg cartomizers don't last but for a few hours and this is getting ridiculous.

I need an industrial strength solution with a serious (and I mean serious) throat hit each and every time.It would be nice if someone could break this down for me and create a "heavy duty vaping system" for me .

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

P.S. I tried posting in the EXPERTS forum but it said I didn't have access yet.

I take it you're considering a big battery mod? I did because I found myself in a similar situation - vaping a lot without being satisfied and frustrated with battery life. I wanted to get a custom mod but, without knowing what worked for me, got a Big KaZoo instead to try out 5 volts. What works for me may not work for you but here's what I've learned:

Satisfaction comes when you find the perfect voltage, combine it with just the nic level at just the right ohm and put that together with lengthy battery life. I prefer 24 mg nic at 3.7v with a lr carto (18650 battery, 2900 mAh) or 6 volts with 3.0 ohm 510 carto or HV 801 atty. 6 volt vaping requires swapping batteries mid-day but is worth it, imho.

I went from a super mini to a box mod and have never owned an Ego or Riva so I have no experience with those variations on the equation.

Hang in there. You'll find your sweet spot. :vapor:

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
Thank you for the quick replies!
It is too early for mods but why do I have this gnawing feeling that eventually that's what will happen?? :)

Also:
1. Any advice on juice? Looking for a Marlboro lights "real long drag" type hit.
2. Is VG juice better than PG juice?
3. Can you increase the throat hit without increasing nicotine? Menthol??
4. Anyone know of suppliers that provide a phone number? Many don't give one on their sites.

Thanks again for you time and helping me get the info quickly so I can order tomorrow. Would hate to go back to analog cigarettes simply because I would have to research for a week.........

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
I found that I had to go to 3.7 volts before I really found my sweet spot... egos are great, but after a while even they didn't do the trick. The Indulgence is really an awesome system... it comes with interchangeable connectors for the most common threading types, an incredibly sturdy switch section, and an optional extended battery cup that'll let you run it at 6v if you want (or one BIG 3.7v battery).

For juice, start at 24+mg. If you go with a true 3.7v unit, look into LR attys or cartos (not recommended for egos... LR can kill ego batteries). Low Resistance vaping simulates High Voltage... so thicker, warmer vape and a bigger hit.

VG produces lots of vapor, less throat hit. PG is the opposite. Lots of folks mix the two... you'll probably eventually want to look into mixing your own juice. DIY is cheaper, too!

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
1. Any advice on juice? Looking for a Marlboro lights "real long drag" type hit.
2. Is VG juice better than PG juice?
3. Can you increase the throat hit without increasing nicotine? Menthol??
4. Anyone know of suppliers that provide a phone number? Many don't give one on their sites.

1. You won't find a juice that tastes like a burning analog, period. In order to get the best hit off your PV you should be taking long drags, at least most of us do it that way.
2. PG = More throat hit, VG = more vapor. I use 100% PG most of the time and get a good strong TH. Most people use a blend at around 70% PG and 30% VG. It's supposed to give you the best of both worlds.
3. You can increase TH by adding PGA (pure grain alcohol) such as Everclear to your juice. Anything you add to juice that doesn't have nic in it will lower the nic level. Some juice makers will add stuff to increase TH at your request. I don't know off hand who does this anymore, but someone else can provide that information.
4. Most suppliers have their phone numbers on their website somewhere. Look on the "Contact Us" or "About Us" pages. Many also have a comments page where you enter your email address and a question and they'll send you their response that way.

If you think it's too early to consider a mod that's understandable, but they really aren't all that complicated once you do some research. If you're looking for the best performance that's really the way to go. I've got one that uses 3000mah batteries at 3.7 volts and can go to 6 volts any time I want for even higher performance. The batteries last more than a day, and with LR atty's at 3.7 v I get good vapor and great TH with 100% PG juice. Some don't cost much more than a standard eGo starter kit either. It seems like that's what you're after.

texasgranny

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2010
Texas
I am a 35 day noob here. You say in your post, you don't have the time to resarch, before you want to place a order on Monday.......
I wish you did have time to research and then perhaps you could better understand what you might need and the reasons for those suggestions that you will get.

So I will offer my opinion, as I did take the time to research, 70 to 80 hours BEFORE I bought my first model.
But what I bought, is what I felt I "needed" for my personal requirements as I was a menthol smoker 1 1/2 packs a day for over 30 years.

Battery life....important, did not want to charge batteries all day (mine has 8 hours)
Throat hit.....important (due to my menthol habit) part of the scenario to get that is power that the unit can produce, as well as cartomizer, as well as juice..PG/VG, as well as nic content of juice..
Vapor production....important, I wanted to simulate that part of my addiction as well.
Durability....important, needs to withstand my particular lifestyle, which is outdoors most of the time.

So, I bypassed the typical first timer units...and went for the larger "mod" type unit.
It was NOT what I first thought I wanted, with a more "cigarette like" look....

So I had to release my desire for the "look" and go for the "performance"

Next....even though I had my model of choice....there WAS ALOT to learn about cartomizers, atomizers, drip tips, and the juice that I use, to get my desired result....
So I read, read some more and watched video after video

I am now only 35 or so days into vaping
I laid down the analogs completely just 2 weeks into vaping
I am now 20 days, totally analog free

So my combo worked for ME....but another combo may have worked for someone else,
and another combo for someone else, and on and on.

So read quick, decide on a model and get it ordered.
You may or may not upgrade/change models, dependent upon your needs and results.
Get several small bottles of juice....small! try the 80PG and 20 VG combo at first
Get nic content about 24mg at first (dependent upon how much you smoke now)

And then...come back here

Read, watch, listen, ask questions and when you get your order in
You can be prepared and ENJOY your experience.

Be prepared...it's very addicting...fun...healthy....and satisfying.
And ECF....the best community and people that you can find on the web
to help you on your journey!

PS. I chose the ProVape

Last edited:

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
I agree with Granny - don't try to avoid the big battery mod because it'll just waste money. I wasted a lot of money trying to stay with tiny, inconspicuous mods that didn't satisfy me. If I had it to do over - and it hasn't been that long for me - I'd carry a battering ram if it was the thing standing between me and going back to cigarettes. All the mods that look so big in videos are not, which is why I stood my Silver Bullet and Omega in front of a 12 oz coffee cup for comparison. The Omega is especially elegant but Provape now has a variable volt mod (that I'm gonna spring for) and the GLV has one heckuva supportive community (gonna get one of those too!). Altsmoke delivered overnight, which was also a big selling point for me.

VaporRenu sells 30ml bottles of juice for about $9. I shop there every two weeks (like buying groceries!) and you can choose the mix you want (pg/vg, 100% of one or the other), nic level, throat hit and level of flavor. They ship fast and have confirmed to me privately they don't have the dia...whatever, stevia or vanillin in their juices. You can try a lot of different flavors at a reasonable price to see which one works for you with a company like this. Please note, I allow my menthol juice from them to mellow for at least five days because it's way too fresh and overly menthol-y when I first get it.

You're in the right place and are heading in the right direction!

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
You're in the right place and are heading in the right direction!

With so many quick responses chock full of so much info, it seems hard to go wrong :) I ordered a LEO for the battery life and consistent hits. Once I have that to throw those damn analogs away after 25 whole years, I will have the comfort of time to research, do my own mod etc.

To all, thank you kindly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread