Move from Joyetech to Kangor Protech and Visioner twist with Kanger Protank !00% improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

timinftl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale
I've never noticed a metallic taste either. I love my pro-tanks. The Model 2 is coming out, and you can get a plastic tip for that, but it is designed in such a way that it might be more prone to leaks than the original. (top o-ring connection). But you can change tips.

I'll keep my eye open for the model 2, thanks for the heads up... I'm using a 50/50 mix and tried boiling etc but the metal taste from the tip is still there.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
oh your tasting the chrome plating. not much to do with that. this is one of the reasons people asked the next revision has a changable driptip

best you can do is maybe take a rubber tip from a carto and cut it open then slide it over.

this is one of the reasons i dont like chrome plated things either.

timinftl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale
Mike Sheda suggested using a cart cover:

Saw another suggestion like this using a silicon cart cover and took one from a joyego starter kit I had but it slides off even after a trim off the big end taking pressure off the flare of the thread cover. It's not unbearable stock just always looking for perfection I guess :)

Last edited:

peakcomm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Somewhere in the US in my RV
I went to the hardware store and bought a quarter's worth of 7/16 inch clear vinyl tubing. Run hot water over the end of the tubing for a few seconds to soften it, then slip it over the metal tip on the ProTank as far as it will go and use a sharp knife to trim flush with the tip. I love the looks and taste of the ProTank, but not that hard, cold, tooth-chipping and metal-tasting tip. For me at least, this solution made my ProTanks perfect.

Griff.J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
ON Canada
I soaked my Protank in boiling water and vinegar for one minute then took it out. Don't leave it in, glue will melt! I then put it back into the water and vinegar once it cooled and left it soaking for a day. Most of the nasty metallic taste is gone, but I was still unhappy with it so I've relegated the Protank to Crème de Menthe juice which is much stronger tasting than my RY4 was.. But hey I bought the glass tank for those trouble plastic ruining juices anyway right? I'm still pretty much a carto tank kind of guy. not a fan of the colder vape but for Menthols colder works fine.

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
What tip cover ? none in pkg... fancy box set too...

Mine came in the discount package, and had a silicone cap on the top of them. I figured it was for shipping, or to keep the tip clean when it's in your pocket. I use them to stand the tanks on the desk if I have to fiddle with the coil.

timinftl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale
No such animals in mine...Purchased in the spiffy box from SweetVapes.

Mine came in the discount package, and had a silicone cap on the top of them. I figured it was for shipping, or to keep the tip clean when it's in your pocket. I use them to stand the tanks on the desk if I have to fiddle with the coil.

:(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread