• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Moving to QLD - panic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceCadet

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2009
Scotland
Hey guys

My first post in the Australia forum! That's because I live in the UK now, where we have it pretty easy with the vaping lark. However my husband and I are moving to Brisbane later this year, which is going to be amazing. I know it has been more difficult in Aus for getting hold of nic juice anyway, and now news of this extortionate fine for having the stuff worries me greatly!

I was intending to bring along a couple of bottles of my usual menthol juice from misteliquid, then start getting some shipped in, but now I'm scared to even take the one way flight with a 5ml dropper! Though I could just drop it down the plane's dunny before landing :p

Anyway looks like Queensland is the worst place for a vaper who's had it easy to move to! Would be great to get in touch with some clever and resourceful types who carry on regardless!

Last edited:

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
I really wouldn't worry too much about that report. One thing the news media in Oz is renowned for is never letting the truth get in the way of a good story.

Also the bleeding hearts seem to have these programs on speed dial. You don't even get a $8000 fine for possession of weed afaik. Pretty certain it would be hard for the authorities to prove children in danger when the bottles have child-proof caps on them.

As far as the cancer council goes, last week they were saying that they NOW believe alcohol is almost as big a carcinogen as tobacco, and they now have figures to prove it. Another spokesperson was quick to clarify that they didn't intend to ban it, lol.

• Deleted by oldsoldier
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

ricardo rt

Jun 2, 2011
australia
I haven't had any dramas here (Brissie) and have had the odd parcel opened by Customs and sent on it's merry way :)

Good news! I was wondering about this issue after reading about it on whirlpool a few months back.
does anyone in qld have any issues?

I got half a litre of dekang eliquid for $64 delivered to Australia free 10 x 50ml bottles.
They do unflavored high if you ask at Vapor Hawk.

I was writing in another post that any Goverment denying people the use of electronic cigarettes would probably find some some pretty harsh legal suits in the future. I can understand (sort of) not allowing retail sales, but if they force us to use regular cigarettes (over ecigs) by confiscating the liquid in customs, then people like me who have tried every other method of quitting and failed only to resort to importing ecigs and liquid, would seem to have a pretty strong case against a government that did not allow them the only alternative that seems to really work.
so anyway...
I've been using ecigs for over 2 years now and never had a parcel touched by customs in NSW. All have been left closed touch wood on the next order.

kalvinf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Hamilton Canada
I was writing in another post that any Goverment denying people the use of electronic cigarettes would probably find some some pretty harsh legal suits in the future. I can understand (sort of) not allowing retail sales, but if they force us to use regular cigarettes (over ecigs) by confiscating the liquid in customs, then people like me who have tried every other method of quitting and failed only to resort to importing ecigs and liquid, would seem to have a pretty strong case against a government that did not allow them the only alternative that seems to really work.

Canadian vapers are being harassed by HC, more specifically the suppliers here are sent letters to cease and desist with customs turning back some shipments. There is a legal suit in the works against HC as there is no law at all about e-cigarettes and nicotine levels in delivery doses for either pharmaceutical nicotine inhalers or e-cigarettes is allowed for in current legislation.

It's all money, power posturing and totally off the scale in a democratically elected system.

MegaBee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2011
Queensland Australia
It appears that Qld Health have given up on their crusade to protect QLDers from that nasty ole nicotine .There have been no reports of any seizures (let alone fines ) for some months now.

Amen!

Last cigarette 16th October, 2011. Forever grateful for the support and advice from ECF.

Laszlo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2011
Australia
Actually I've checked out juicewhore and ordered a sample pack of tobacco flavours and 5 other flavours with doublers. Going to cut with nic juice bought in Canada and most likely totally enjoy the flavourings :)

You are on the right track with Juicewhore. I did exactly the same and Ultimate and Delicate Pipe mix is my only juice I'm vaping for last 6 months. I'm buying 36mg VG nic juice from China (Heaven..something name I keep forgetting). Good quality, bought several batches, never had problem with customs.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread