Travel and Vaping Moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
California
I have read most of the threads which have been very helpful so thank you. However I still have a question. My DH job is finished on the island therefore we are moving back to the mainland. I will be mailing most of our ecig supplies however not all.

We have approximately 12 eGo-T batteries that I'm just not sure about, I would hate to have all eGo batteries confiscated. What is the best way to make it past airport security with 12 eGos? I will pack our large juice bottles in our checked bags and only taking a few 3.5ml DC tanks in our carry on bags.

What about storing in the batteries in a Lipo bag?

Anyone with experience going through Honolulu airport security and/or Hawaiian airline?

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
You dont need to worry you have to "make it past airline security" with your 12 egos. Egos are perfectly legal to carry on a plane with you. The scanner may pick up when scanning your bag something they need to stop and look at, but once they see they are ecigs its no big deal and will not be confiscated. I've traveled numerous times through several airports and sometimes have had them looked at to identify what they are and other times never questioned at all. When they have wished to stop and look at them its never a big deal and has never taken more then an extra two minutes to go through security and that goes for egos and other much larger mods.

If the tanks you are taking on the plane with you have liquid in them they will need to go in your ziplock bag that each of you are allowed with liquids in containers no larger the 3 ounces.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
Honestly it doesnt matter. Mine have always been in an ego case or something like one. I've left them in my carryon and sometimes they've ignored them and other times stopped and wanted to look at them, which like I said before took less then two minutes. And sometimes I've put the ego case I had them in on the tray with my other electronics and again, sometimes they've stopped and looked at them and other times ignored them. Either way, plan that it might take an extra two mintues to get through security but also might not ;) In all cases, never a problem at all. Dont mean to be so noncommital but its just the way it is ;)

Just be sure your tanks with liquid in them are in your ziplock bag you will put in the tray. Enjoy your flight :)

tinajfreeman

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
I travel for my job and have flown literally hundreds of times with my ego's. Security questioned me a few times two years ago when I started vaping, but nowadays I never even get the slightest question. Most of the time I don't even bother pulling out my (15 or 30 ml) bottle of juice. But you should put your juices in a baggy or in your checked baggage if you have a lot of liquids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread