MTL squonkers, advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitchy

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Haverhill, UNITED KINGDOM
Hi again peeps... any good ideas as to what toppers are good for mtl? Or a restricted lung hit?
I've tried a bonza, too airy.. tried a nudge 22, too airy... tried a wasp nano, too airy... currently using a dead rabbit sq, with airflow hole open about 2mm... and loving it... have been looking at the berserker but it looks kind of funny.... I like the size of the dead rabbit sq very much. And size is important, don't want to have a too big a thing on my rsq... any suggestions please? Tia!

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
@fitchy, have you tried the 'extra' cap that comes with the Nudge 22 having the smaller airflow slots? I would assume so, just checking.

I also prefer a restricted DL hit and I usually use the smaller airflow cap on the Nudge 22. Slightly more restrictive than the airflow on the SMM RTA. However, I also can get used to the Wasp Nano and others. They seem too airy for me when I first switch to them, but I get used to having more airflow after a few hours. Sometimes

Have you looked at the Hotcig Castle or the Gas Mods GR1? Neither of these are high airflow RDAs either. Don't think they are really capable of a MTL vape, but are considered more restricted DL devices.

The Castle has kind of a strange shape, but if you can overlook that, it vapes great. Only $25 at VaporDNA. The GR1 would probably look better than the Castle on the RSQ, it has two airflow options as well. I picked up a GR1, but haven't tried it yet. More than likely, I will install the more restricted airflow ports when I get around to trying it.

Just a few thoughts. Personally, I think the Berserker would be too restrictive for me. I like to keep a few MTL devices for stealth vaping higher nic juice, but prefer a restricted DL as my primary device.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Hi again peeps... any good ideas as to what toppers are good for mtl? Or a restricted lung hit?
I've tried a bonza, too airy.. tried a nudge 22, too airy... tried a wasp nano, too airy... currently using a dead rabbit sq, with airflow hole open about 2mm... and loving it... have been looking at the berserker but it looks kind of funny.... I like the size of the dead rabbit sq very much. And size is important, don't want to have a too big a thing on my rsq... any suggestions please? Tia!
Depends on how tight you want your draw. From what I’ve read, Speed Revolution and Galaxies have the tightest draws, Le Concorde clone (if you can find it now) can get between a moderately tight MTL and a restricted DL, NarDA/NarCA goes between a bit looser MTL and a bit looser (but still restricted) DL than the Le Concorde.

I have clones of both the NarDA and Le Concorde and like them both very much; they both suit my style of vaping. Both are 22mm, relatively short RDAs. I think much tighter than those might be too tight for me, but I still intend to try a Berserker RDA.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Oh yeah, forgot about the Wotofo Recurve. It's got pretty decent airflow if you open it up, but it cuts back pretty nicely if you shut the airflow down a bit. It's a little bigger though since the cap on it makes it look more like a 24mm RDA at the base. Still not a large looking RDA though since the cap curves.

If you're using the DR SQ with the airflow shut down, the Recurve might do nicely for you as well. It's a great squonk RDA. Pretty much have to try to get mine to leak.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Ok thanks guys, ordered a castle and a galaxies.... must stop myself buying anything else for months now.... I've become a squonkaholic!
Here's another one I just found if you would consider a 24mm RDA:

Hellvape X DukunVape Anglo 24mm BF RDA | Vape Atomizer

This looks like it might be able to handle a decent MTL vape possibly? Haven't had a chance to see if there's any reviews on it yet.

Adding a review:

Last edited:

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Here's another one I just found if you would consider a 24mm RDA:

Hellvape X DukunVape Anglo 24mm BF RDA | Vape Atomizer

This looks like it might be able to handle a decent MTL vape possibly? Haven't had a chance to see if there's any reviews on it yet.

Adding a review:

You know, I may have to pick one of these up. Review looked pretty positive for a restricted hit.

I'm sure the smaller airflow settings would be too tight for me, but this could be a pretty nice restricted DL on the larger holes. Could also be a nice vape tightened down along with higher resistance (maybe 1 ohm) and higher strength juice.

The main thing that has turned me off about the Beserker is the airflow plugs (or whatnot) you have to put in it. Seem like they could be easy to lose, might get damaged over time, etc.

If this were a 22mm RDA, it could be perfect on a Squeeze as a stealth MTL vape I'll bet.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The Berserker is really a rather restricted tank or RDA. You may or may not like it, I do like mine, but it's really one of the tighter draws out there. I've considered the vapefly RDA a couple times, but I can't really justify another RDA until/unless I start squonking. Best of luck in your search!

Anna

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
The Berserker is really a rather restricted tank or RDA. You may or may not like it, I do like mine, but it's really one of the tighter draws out there. I've considered the vapefly RDA a couple times, but I can't really justify another RDA until/unless I start squonking. Best of luck in your search!

Anna
You have a Le Concorde don’t you? How does the most open setting on the Berserker compare to the single-hole option on the Le Concorde? What do you think of the flavor production on each, comparatively?

Reactions: stols001

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
B2k V5 comes with a mtl insert.
I don't have that version, I have the Caviar version and do a more resticted dtl.
Its a single coil postless deck, pretty easy to build, and comes with a ton on stuff. I get great flavor, went from a Boreas (2 yrs) to squonking the exact same flavor (diy myself) and I am very pleased with this rda.
Have been using single parallel builds in the 0.22 to 0.40 range somewhere around 38-42 watts 400F-420F.
I picked up a couple of extra decks and made 3 rda's from one B2k Caviar kit. Mix and match the SS and black and use my own 510 drip tips with the adaptor.
Seems like its moslty Canadian vendors that carry it.
Might be an option, good luck, hope you find what works for you.
:toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread