Status
Not open for further replies.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I have some juices I like the taste of but they are just too strong for me to sit and just continually vape. Is there a way to mute them? I was thinking maybe putting less wick in when I build the coil or something. I heard about diluting with unflavored in the same strength but I don't know where to get that locally and I don't have the funds to ship it.
Any ideas? I don't want juice to go to waste

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Well, you can get VG at Walmart in the pharmacy section. It's just sold on one of the shelves though...no RX needed for it. I got some here and it was 168mL for about $3.68. Brand was Humco or something like that.

Adding some of it to your strong eliquid will make the flavor not as strong, but it will also lower your nic somewhat. In addition, it will make your PG/VG ratio change some and the eliquid will be slightly thicker than it was before.

I don't know anywhere that sells just a small amount of PG though.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I didn't know you could see where people are from on here.

You can see what's under their User name and avatar...like yours says Phoenix, AZ.

OH! I just remembered that 1 of my favorite hardware and other vape supplies vendors is located in Phoenix. I know they sell unflavored PG & VG mix. I'll go check their website and see if they have it with nic, 'cause I don't remember. If they don't...I'll contact them and see what could maybe be worked out for you. What nic mg would you want?

Reactions: Darth Omerta

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I just checked their website and they have a variety of PG/VG ratios + Nic mg to choose from...for $9.95/110mL bottle.

They also have Custom Made PG/VG blends + Nic mg, in case the ones you want aren't offered among the others. They're starting at $9.95/118mL. I know they have a Pick Up the order option, too, at Checkout.

Here's a link to the page of the PG/VG blend mixes, and once you're on a page...the nic mg options will be shown, too.

E-Liquids - Bases & Extracts - DesertVapes

Their business card says Phoenix, but I just looked at 1 of my packages from them, and the return addy is in San Tan Valley, AZ. Is that near you?

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
San tan valley is I think 80 miles from me. Im not driving that not on these freeways. That's about an hour and a half both ways non rush hour time. Phoenix or Phoenix metro area is huge. Its not like most cities that are nice and compact.

Anyways. I just tried one of the flavors that is too strong for me at 2.5 ohms instead of 1.2 ohms. Now I am wondering what ohms has to do with it because I like it so much better now. Btw it's a mother's milk clone.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I would imagine its not so much the resistance as it is the mass of the coils. If you are using the same wattage for both setups then your heat flux will change based on the mass of the coils in the 2.5ohm build vs. the 1.2 ohm build. Basically with more mass comes a larger area for the same "amount of heat" if you arent changing the wattage. If the "same amount of heat" is spread over more area then the result will be a cooler vape. I have certain juices that I cannot vape above a certain wattage or with certain builds, or they just taste off(either slightly burnt, not flavorful enough, or just not how they should taste).

(I put "same amount of heat" in quotations because its a bit of an over simplification in my opinion)

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Well I don't think I'm using the same wattage. I switched from the fogger on an istick at 7 watts to the protank on an ego at unknown wattage. I have no clue what the wattage is of an ego but I doubt it's 7. Don't laugh it's what I have right now. I have some kayfuns and a kanger subtank in the mail as we speak.

But I do think I like 2.5 ohms over 1.2. I'm either atty Its not as harsh. No burnt or plastic taste either.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
San tan valley is I think 80 miles from me. Im not driving that not on these freeways. That's about an hour and a half both ways non rush hour time.

OH! I wouldn't do that either then. I'd just pay their usually low $3.25 S/H to have it sent 1st Class Mail.

Wizard Labs is only 45 miles from me, and I could go pick up flavorings when I order quite a few of them. But...I won't drive through the Orlando, Disney World, Sea World, Universal Studios, etc. interstate traffic there and back! No way, not unless I have to for some reason. :thumbs:

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Well I don't think I'm using the same wattage. I switched from the fogger on an istick at 7 watts to the protank on an ego at unknown wattage. I have no clue what the wattage is of an ego but I doubt it's 7. Don't laugh it's what I have right now. I have some kayfuns and a kanger subtank in the mail as we speak.

But I do think I like 2.5 ohms over 1.2. I'm either atty Its not as harsh. No burnt or plastic taste either.

If its just an ego then I think the voltage is consistently 3.3V, with a 2.5 ohm build on it you are vaping at around 4.3W. Lower wattage for (most likely) more mass would mean that you are experiencing a cooler coil and its not vaping your juices as fast which could result in (sometimes) more pleasant flavor.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
If its just an ego then I think the voltage is consistently 3.3V, with a 2.5 ohm build on it you are vaping at around 4.3W. Lower wattage for (most likely) more mass would mean that you are experiencing a cooler coil and its not vaping your juices as fast which could result in (sometimes) more pleasant flavor.
Lol how did you figure all that out? You seem like Einstein to me at this moment. Lucky you.

Reactions: Darth Omerta

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Lol how did you figure all that out? You seem like Einstein to me at this moment. Lucky you.

Well I had some help lol. I googled the voltage for an ego battery. Wattage is calculated by dividing voltage squared by the resistance of the atomizer.

Steam Engine has a very convenient Ohms Law calculator that can be used to figure this stuff out without working the equations yourself, just enter 2 known fields and it will figure out the other 2 for you. I do recommend learning Ohms Law and how it related to vaping and battery safety. Calculating Amp draw based on set wattage by regulated mods is a little different. For that purpose you can take the wattage, divide by the number of batteries in the mod, divide again by the cutoff voltage(usually 3.2V) then divide that by .9 to factor in the efficiency of the mod. This equation gives you an idea of how many amps the mod is drawing from your battery(s).

If you'd like to learn more about Ohms Law I highly recommend ALL of @Baditude blog but specifically:
(14) Ohm's Law Explained for Vapers | E-Cigarette Forum

For more information on Batteries and battery safety:
Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: JCinFLA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread