Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeNice81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2014
NC
2.1 ohm cotton wicked T3D on an Evod battery

I spent the day with MVJ's Cohiba Red Dot. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. I don't know why, but I was. Yesterday started out with the dark earth and tobacco taste. As the day wore on it became all about that Cameroon wrapper for a while. When you read "spicy and sweet" in the description of Cameroon, this is exactly what they talk about. The sweetness went from mild to almost sugar sweet. The spice wasn't black pepper, it felt more like a cinnamon spice without the cinnamon flavor. It didn't stop there though. There was a period of creaminess that shocked me. The Dominican tobacco showed up underneath for a little while and the occasional caramel or nutty tertiary notes.

I was surprised by the complexity of the vape. I was also surprised how it "evolved" through the day. That has been the hallmark of my experience with MVJ cigars though. I've vaped a lot of nets that are one trick ponies. They may be great, they may be complex, but that first batch of puffs tells the story for the day. Some of them even change from day to day, but the whole tank will be the same. MVJ cigars tend to switch and evolve the more the tank is depleted, if the cigar has complexity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread