Not open for further replies.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Well that was interesting.

A good dry burn will almost always remove the burnt taste from your atomizer.
So I thought you were on target with your first post.
:)

You are correct. Dry burning is the best for removing that burnt taste... the "video" part threw me though.
Apparently, someone out there made a video of this method (?)

Reactions: Joseph Conejo
Thanks so much for this, highping - by all accounts on this thread the results of this method are pretty dang amazing and I'm trying it now on my four wretched little attys. I'm looking forward to trying out some new DIY flavours soon, and didn't want to buy new ones just to drip them while tasting; this is quick and easy and should save me from having to order more!

That is a great Dane in your avatar. Such soulful eyes. Is s/he still around? Was the drool removed just before the picture was taken or are you lucky enough not to have that issue? :p

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Don't laugh but I have gone through 4 attys in the 3 weeks since I started vaping. And about 40ml of juice. Basically means I am desperately trying to avoid going analog and this has in turn .... anywayz just wanted to thank you for sharing. Could save me some anxiety as vaping supplies are extinct where I am at.
Ouch.

On average I get maybe 90 milliliters out of an atomizer.
And that's if I don't bother to clean it.

What atomizers are you using and where are you getting them from?

Mnagey

Jun 16, 2014
United States
This is the first dry burn method that actually works. I just performed a dry burn on a ce4 clearomizer that was not hitting worth a damn. Followed the steps exactly and bam the clearo is working better than it did when I first got it about 2 weeks ago. Thank you. No flavor loss, No burnt taste, Hitting like a champ now. I'm about to clean the rest of my attys using this method.

Reactions: redrebel821

opm2008

Verified Member
Dec 27, 2014
Singapore
Ouch.

On average I get maybe 90 milliliters out of an atomizer.
And that's if I don't bother to clean it.

What atomizers are you using and where are you getting them from?

I am still on the Kangertech Evod starter set. Standard coil. TBH, I think its expectations. Every time I cannot get a smooth drag, I start to fiddle with the coil. Also, that gurgling thing with the juice leaking into to drip column, I run for a new after attempt to clear the coil. Also, trying my hand at making juice with VG, the wicking is pretty inconsistent. Soo many variables.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Will this method of rinse/dry/dry burn slightly/rinse/dry work with BVC coils like nautilus mini?
In case nobody else answers, I would think it would work with any coil.

It also works with silica wicks, if anyone still uses those.
Like me.

But if you're using cotton wicks, I would imagine you'd want to remove them first.
:)

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Will this method of rinse/dry/dry burn slightly/rinse/dry work with BVC coils like nautilus mini?

This tip from 5 years a go was for 510 atomizers that had metal wick bridges, NOT for today's coils with cotton wicks. You can dry burn most coils with no wicking, even titanium if you learn how, but NEVER heat cotton up with no juice or you simply burn it.

Reactions: Katdarling
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread