My carto experience has gotten weird recently... Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleksandrrr

Apr 14, 2013
CA
Hey guys, so I've recently went from clearomizers to pre-punched Smok 2.0 carto's and tank for a month or so. My first juice in a carto was from Heather's Heavenly Vapes (a bunch of different one's, they were on the sweet side), and everything went smoothly. I was amazed at the flavor and satisfied with the vape. I told myself that I would never go to back to clearomizers. But then, something strange started happening...

I ordered some NET juice's from GoodeJuice and QuickNic, judging by the "NETty Awards" forum. So I picked out mostly unsweet analog and pipe tasting juices. And for some reason, all of these flavors are fine at first, but after about 10-20 puffs start tasting weird. It's hard to describe, but it becomes chemically/soapish in taste.

Now, at first I thought I didn't prime the carto good enough, so I filled up the last one, let it stand to make sure the juice got all the way to the bottom. Same thing, wonderful taste in the beginning, which turns to become the same tasting after about 20 puffs.
These aren't that PG-rich, mostly 30%, some 50% PG juices. What the heck is going on??? It's as if all of the juices become the same horrible taste after a couple puffs!

I vape these at around 3.8-4.0, the carto's are 2.0ohm 2-hole-pre-punched single coil Smoktech's on a Spinner/eGo-Twist. I've always used them. HHV was good in them, GoodeJuice and QuickNic don't work for some reason.

Another thing I noticed, is that once the taste goes bad, the carto still makes a noise past the time I let go of the ON button. So it burns past the time I shut it off by about a second or two.

Someone please tell me they had this issue in the past, what the heck is going on?!

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
It sounds like the juices simply are not steeped properly and, when they warm up a bit, the chemical taste comes out in them. I'd set the bottles in a cup of hot tap water for a few minutes to warm them, then leave the caps off overnight, then cap and let them sit and try them every few days to see if they are better.

DrApex

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
Raleigh NC
You know, I never had much luck with NETs in cartomizers.

I think the particulates in those sorts of juices are a little much for the fine weave of a good carto.

I use EVOD and MT3s with NETs and it works just fine. Once they get weird, I change the head and keep vaping. Sometimes it's after 5ml of juice, sometimes after 20ml of juice.

NETs are hard on atomizers.

Sent from my mobile. Ignore typos please.

Tommy Aces

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Connecticut
Your issue is likely that liquids that contain natural tobacco extracts are NOTORIOUS for gunking up coils. This is especially true in cartomizers. The bigger problem when running them in cartos is that there is no way to clean or dry burn the gunk off the coil in a carto. I have had juices that tasted AMAZING for the first 20-30 min in a carto tank, then I would start to get a nasty metallic/smokey taste.

It's just the nature of the beast. Chances are you'll have better results in a bottom coil clearo that can be dry burned. Either that or just move on to dripping them.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Hey guys, so I've recently went from clearomizers to pre-punched Smok 2.0 carto's and tank for a month or so. My first juice in a carto was from Heather's Heavenly Vapes (a bunch of different one's, they were on the sweet side), and everything went smoothly. I was amazed at the flavor and satisfied with the vape. I told myself that I would never go to back to clearomizers. But then, something strange started happening...

I ordered some NET juice's from GoodeJuice and QuickNic, judging by the "NETty Awards" forum. So I picked out mostly unsweet analog and pipe tasting juices. And for some reason, all of these flavors are fine at first, but after about 10-20 puffs start tasting weird. It's hard to describe, but it becomes chemically/soapish in taste.

Now, at first I thought I didn't prime the carto good enough, so I filled up the last one, let it stand to make sure the juice got all the way to the bottom. Same thing, wonderful taste in the beginning, which turns to become the same tasting after about 20 puffs.
    These aren't that PG-rich, mostly 30%, some 50% PG juices. What the heck is going on??? It's as if all of the juices become the same horrible taste after a couple puffs!

I vape these at around 3.8-4.0, the carto's are 2.0ohm 2-hole-pre-punched single coil Smoktech's on a Spinner/eGo-Twist. I've always used them. HHV was good in them, GoodeJuice and QuickNic don't work for some reason.

Another thing I noticed, is that once the taste goes bad, the carto still makes a noise past the time I let go of the ON button. So it burns past the time I shut it off by about a second or two.

Someone please tell me they had this issue in the past, what the heck is going on?!

Cartos are louder than clearos. Your batts probably always turned off a second or two after button release ( all my non-Joye products do), you're just noticing it now after your switch. ??

Try the steeping first, and allowing your cartos to soak well. Might even wash them out first, some people object to the smell/taste they have for about the first half tank.

Check out the NET threads to see how others are doing with the same equipment.

Relax, you/ECF will figure it out in time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread