My Eleaf Tessera keeps spitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaiThe--Cloud

Dec 30, 2018
Everywhere
I just bought the tessera and it's pretty nice. However I can't seem to take big hit because every time I try it will spit and sometimes even leak out of the airflow. I'm new to vaping so I'm probably doing something wrong.I've also played with the wattage and even at it's higher settings it will still spit. Any help would be appreciated!

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Well, since the Tessera is a box mod, I'm pretty sure that is not your problem.
Did you get it as the standard kit? If so, you would have an Ello TS sub ohm tank on it.

Remove the coil, wipe it and the inside base off. Make sure your o-rings are in place and/or not damaged. Put the coil back in, ensuring it is lined up properly and hand tight only. Put the rest of the tank together (checking all other o-rings) and put it back on the mod. Fill the tank back up, reduce your wattage and vape.
If it is still spitting some, blow into the drip tip, wipe the outside of the tank and try again.
If it is still giving you issues after that, try replacing the coil with a new one, putting 2 drops of eliquid into the center of the coil, and one drop on each of the outside "vents" of the coil.

The cotton used on most eleaf coils is the paper thin type folded many times. Can be a pain to soak up eliquid at times or just simply over saturates the coil at others.

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
it will spit and sometimes even leak out of the airflow. I'm new to vaping so I'm probably doing something wrong.
1. Technique. You're sucking on powerful sub-ohm coils. Wrong technique = lots of condensate remaining in the chimney.
2. Eleaf HW coils = use them in the recommended wattage range. They give the impression of working fine if you operate them below, but in that case they produce even more condensate.

In both cases, the condensate will run down the chimney, into the coils, producing spitback during use, exit the coil at the bottom, and finally pour out of the bottom airflow holes. That's the life of a bottom-airflow-tank user :ß The correct drawing technique can reduce this by a huge margin. I can't even remember the last time a I had spitback :ß

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread