My Experience so Far...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Maggie Valley, NC
Pack a day smoker for 5 years beginning in 2005, Marlboro Reds were my particular choice. Friend of mine and his GF both got e-cigs and were puffing on the one day, sparked my curiosity. I tried his, and loved the taste, it was an V4L Doc Pepper carto. Couple days later I see my same buddy walking towards me, reaches in his pocket and hands me a red V4L manual battery and some Melon flavored cartos, I was stoked!!! 3 Days in without a ''regular'' cigarette, today I did light up one of the reds I had left, took one puff, and was absolutely disgusted, it tasted so bad!!! I threw it out the window! I've noticed that my sense of smell has improved, is this normal? And my taste as well. I really love not smelling like total garbage as well, cant believe I have gone 5 years smelling like a walking ash tray, I wonder how many missed opportunities with non-smoking ladies have been thwarted due to the disgusting habit I picked up. Tons of really good information on this discussion board, decided to register!

B Pak

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2011
California
Welcome and it's awesome to hear that another person has finally put down the cigarettes. I'm actually taking a course in Drugs Health and Society right now and I'm pulling this straight out of my notes:

The benefits of Quitting tobacco:

Within 20 minutes:
-blood pressure drops to normal
-pulse rate drops to normal rate
-body temperature of hands and feet return to normal

After 8 hours:
-carbon monoxide levels in blood drops to normal
-oxygen level in blood increases to normal

After 24 hours:
-chance of heart attack decreases

After 48 hours:
-nerve endings start regrowing
-ability to smell and taste is enhanced

After 72 hours:
-bronchial tubes relax, making breathing easier
After 2 weeks to 3 months:
-circulation improves
-walking becomes easier
-lung function increases

After 1 to 9 months:
-coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue, and shortness of breath decrease
-in the lungs, cilia regrow, which increases the ability to handle mucus, clean the lungs, and reduce infection
-body's overall energy level increases

Enjoy the benefits!

Pneathery

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
Surfside Beach SC
Congratulations! I went from 3-5 packs a day to just vapid g, and it is incredible! I can breathe, I can taste, all of it. It's a miracle. You have a good friend there, just return the favor someday. I've got three old kits floating around my house, and am waiting for the right person to give one too myself. Good luck, and welcome!

TNTAbilene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Abilene, Texas
Welcome Clint, and congrats on your first three days! I'm always in awe of those who were able to quit from the start... took me several months to finally kick them. Sounds like you have a really good friend! You'll find the people here are also extremely helpful and will be happy to answer all the questions you're going to have... so ask away!

B Pak, good information, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread