My first Boro device - Compatibility?

Centauri

Dec 19, 2023
Hi guys,
I'm going to go for my first boro device. I'm looking at the SXK Billet Box V4.
My question is about airflow. The SXK BB V4 only appears to have slots for airflow on the side of the mod, as opposed to the front or back panels.
The boro tank it comes with, and indeed many boro tanks that claim to be compatible with the Billet Box AIO appears to have it's airflow on the front and back of the tank (at the bottom of the tank of course) and the sides appear to be blocked off as part of the design.
It doesn't make sense to me how the airflow works. I've put an image below to try to make it seem more clear what I mean.
I vape rebuildables so will be looking to get a bridge that doesn't take stock coils - any recommendations would be great. My worry is compatibility with airflow though. Some Boro AIO's look to have airflow on the side, like the BB v4, and some appear to have airflow slots on the front or back panels. How do I make sure I get the right one?The panels aren't included in this picture, but they don't seem to have airflow slots on the panels for this one, just the side.

Thanks

Screenshot 2024-04-22 131050.jpg

Reactions: Tor R

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
That's the same one I have. I know you can get panels with holes in front of the bottom of the boro for extra airflow. Never had a problem with air flow myself but maybe some inserts need it,

The ones I use are KFL which is tight MTL style and Xeta which is more open. Maybe they would be better with more air getting in there, don't know because I never tried it. You could run it for a while with the panel off and see if that makes a difference.

Both of mine need you to build the coils. I have one that uses drop in nautilus coils, it came with the mod, but I never tried it.

• Informative

Centauri

Dec 19, 2023
That's the same one I have. I know you can get panels with holes in front of the bottom of the boro for extra airflow. Never had a problem with air flow myself but maybe some inserts need it,

The ones I use are KFL which is tight MTL style and Xeta which is more open. Maybe they would be better with more air getting in there, don't know because I never tried it. You could run it for a while with the panel off and see if that makes a difference.

Both of mine need you to build the coils. I have one that uses drop in nautilus coils, it came with the mod, but I never tried it.

Thanks for replying.
I prefer DL/RDL. My daily driver at the moment is the Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 RTA. Prior to this it was the Dovpo Blotto Max.
It might be cheaper to get an RBA with side airflow rather than panels for the mod. The VapeSnail looks to have side airflow and says it's for use with the Billet Box v4.
Am I right in that I can get the VapeSnail tank (or any other boro tank) and then I can get basically any bridge to insert in that?

Are you happy you got it? You've had no problems?

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I'm OK with the BB. Mainly for the coolness factor, other than that it doesn't have anything I can't get from regular mods and tanks. There is the advantage of being able to put lots of different decks in it. And endless ways to customise it if you are into that.

Side airflow. The ones I have all seem to rotate once they are set up in the boro. And I don't think it would make any difference to be honest. The part with the air holes in it sits below the boro in a chamber with space all around it.

I picked up half a dozen spare boros from FT just before they closed down. You can still get them elsewhere. There are some bridges that don't fit in the boro and need a different tank, or they come with a tank. Never had any myself.

You should go to the Boro Mod's, Tanks, Attys And More thread. Lots of talk about BB's and people who can answer any questions you have. Have you been to the 3Fvape site? All kinds of BB stuff on there.

• Informative

Centauri

Dec 19, 2023
I'm OK with the BB. Mainly for the coolness factor, other than that it doesn't have anything I can't get from regular mods and tanks. There is the advantage of being able to put lots of different decks in it. And endless ways to customise it if you are into that.

Side airflow. The ones I have all seem to rotate once they are set up in the boro. And I don't think it would make any difference to be honest. The part with the air holes in it sits below the boro in a chamber with space all around it.

I picked up half a dozen spare boros from FT just before they closed down. You can still get them elsewhere. There are some bridges that don't fit in the boro and need a different tank, or they come with a tank. Never had any myself.

You should go to the Boro Mod's, Tanks, Attys And More thread. Lots of talk about BB's and people who can answer any questions you have. Have you been to the 3Fvape site? All kinds of BB stuff on there.
The pictures I've seen of different boro tanks, some seem to have the gaps for air on the sides and some seem to have their gaps at the front (like the one in the picture I posted). Some appear to have gaps for air both on the front and the back.

The Cthulu AIO seems to have air holes on the front panel and the Billet Box has it on the side.

Thanks for the tips though. I will check out 3FVape now!

Users who are viewing this thread