Status
Not open for further replies.

Niloy63

Apr 29, 2015
Atlanta
Hello To All,

While this may be my first post at the ECF, it is certainly not my first time here. I've learned so much by just perusing through the forum. I've been vaping for a little over a year now, but have become a more "serious" vaper for about the last 6 months when I decided to finally quit tobacco. I managed to gradually dwindle my cigarette intake down from a pack a day to 1 cigarette each morning, and that was about one month ago. I'm glad and proud to say that as of 19 days ago, I am completely tobacco free. I'll admit that a lot of it had to do with upgrading my vaping gear with going from an entry level kit up to better/stronger mods with coil building (RTAs and RDAs). Okay... I'm done boring you all to death. Now to some gear.

My my most recent setup: Troll RDA on a Yihi SX350J Mod. Couldn't be happier, although my wallet wants to slap me senseless! My vaping gear:

(1) Mods: Yihi SX350J (my third/newest), Eleaf istick 50W (my second), and Innokin iTaste VV V3 (my first)
(2) RTAs: Eleaf Lemo 2 (my newest RTA), Eleaf Lemo x2. As you may have guessed, I like the Lemo tanks!
(3) RDAs: Troll, Origen V2, Infinite CTL V3, Tugboat V2 clone (by Infinite)

Vaping Bucket List: Fat Snow Wolf mech mod, Tugboat box mod, Magma RDA, Tobh RDA, Kanger Subtank-Mini RTA, Aspire Atlantis 2 RTA.

Thanks for reading. Please feel free to ask questions if you're curious about any of the gear I have. I'll do my best to answer any questions.

Regards,
Niloy

Last edited:
Reactions: motordude

Niloy63

Apr 29, 2015
Atlanta
Welcome Niloy63 from a fellow Lemo fan! Congrats on 19 days tobacco free.

Thank you! I'm glad to see you're a Lemo fan as well!

You got a lot of gear - you should fit right in with many of the populace here...

I hope so! It seems that I've been bitten by the VAS bug... Vaping Acquisition Syndrome!

Dave2603

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2014
Stuart, Florida
I think the lemo has the best flavor of all my tanks. I have (and like) the Subtank Mini, Atlantis and Melo tanks as well as 2 Lemos (regular and drop). Each of the tanks have their strong points. I would be satisfied with any one of them if I had to choose just one, but fortunately I don't have to!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf Niloy63. Nice to meet you and so glad you are here. A big congrats on the vaping. Isn't it wonderful. Look forward to reading more about you. Have fun and make yourself at home.

Reactions: Niloy63

Niloy63

Apr 29, 2015
Atlanta
I think you'll like the subtank if you get one. I aswell wanna try the atlantis to see how they fare against a subtank myself.

That's great to hear! I look forward to trying it.

Welcome Niloy! I just recently picked up the STM - I think I need to enlarge the juice holes on the RBA, but otherwise, it's quite grand with just the OCCs :)
Glad you quit lurking and joined the party :party:

Haha much appreciated! It's interesting to go back and forth from some of the RDAs like the Troll which are WIDE open with air flow to any of the Tanks. While I do appreciate the convenience of a tank, I do wish they would give more options to increasing the air flow.

I think the lemo has the best flavor of all my tanks. I have (and like) the Subtank Mini, Atlantis and Melo tanks as well as 2 Lemos (regular and drop). Each of the tanks have their strong points. I would be satisfied with any one of them if I had to choose just one, but fortunately I don't have to!

Ahhh... I see. I certainly would like to try the Atlantis 2 and the STM before buying them.

Greetings Niloy and Welcome to the ECF.....................................Enjoy....................................

Thank you!!!

RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf Niloy63. Nice to meet you and so glad you are here. A big congrats on the vaping. Isn't it wonderful. Look forward to reading more about you. Have fun and make yourself at home.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I appreciate it!

Reactions: Rat2chat2

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I came across this last night, and there's a pretty good video of how to make the RBA section of the STM play nicely with higher-VG juices (I've been contemplating drilling out one of the RBAs a bit to open the juice channels, but I'm going to try the wicking method shown before I break out my power tools :lol:

Sub tank mini troubles with 30/70 pg to vp juice | E-Cigarette Forum

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
FWIW, I am using an Atlantis 1 currently along with the Subtank Mini and I am currently using a 10PG/90VG juice in the Atlantis with the stock 0.5 ohm coil and there is no issues at all with it wicking properly. Using the air control wide open and at 32 watts, I can chain vape without getting a dry hit.

With the Subtank Mini, I haven't used the RBA yet, but the stock OCC coils have no problem with wicking high VG juices. My current juice in there is a 20PG/80VG juice and I get no dry hits, although I do have to run it at a lower wattage (22 watts).

Niloy63

Apr 29, 2015
Atlanta
I came across this last night, and there's a pretty good video of how to make the RBA section of the STM play nicely with higher-VG juices (I've been contemplating drilling out one of the RBAs a bit to open the juice channels, but I'm going to try the wicking method shown before I break out my power tools :lol:

Sub tank mini troubles with 30/70 pg to vp juice | E-Cigarette Forum

Nice! Thanks for the heads up. I'd be weary of drilling into an authentic RDA because I don't trust my hands... I'd like to practice on some clones before attempting that. But I agree... the wicking method looks way more appealing if I can avoid drilling into things. lol I'll look into it.

Welcome to the family :D

I appreciate that, my friend!

Congrats on being 19 days smoke free! And welcome!

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Hello and Welcome Niloy63 nice gear you have

I'm glad you think so Wolfenstark. I would grow the gear bag quicker if money grew in my backyard. lol

FWIW, I am using an Atlantis 1 currently along with the Subtank Mini and I am currently using a 10PG/90VG juice in the Atlantis with the stock 0.5 ohm coil and there is no issues at all with it wicking properly. Using the air control wide open and at 32 watts, I can chain vape without getting a dry hit.

With the Subtank Mini, I haven't used the RBA yet, but the stock OCC coils have no problem with wicking high VG juices. My current juice in there is a 20PG/80VG juice and I get no dry hits, although I do have to run it at a lower wattage (22 watts).

Always nice when you know you can avoid dry hits. I'm a huge fan of the SX 350 because of it's dry hit protection built into the chip, which I believe has saved me from a few nasty dry hits that I would otherwise get using my istick 50W. Thanks for the solid info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread