The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

My first milestone!

Discussion in 'Team ECF Folding Forum' started by AndriaD, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AndriaD

AndriaD Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Woohoo! I hit my first milestone today!

[​IMG]

Hope I get my title soon! :thumbs:

Andria

2. Deeo

Deeo Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    Congratulations Andria!!!:)

3. Kim B.

Kim B. Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2013
    STL MO
    Congrats my friend, that's very cool!

4. Rsunderl

Rsunderl Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

5. AndriaD

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    I'm now just about to hit 4,000 points... and I see I finally got my title. :D Woohoo!

I'm so glad I finally got a computer that could do this -- I do keep in mind that the disease I may help to cure might be one that afflicts me or my loved ones, in years to come; AFAIK, there is zero incidence of Huntington's in any part of my family tree, but cancer and alzheimers, check, and possibly also Parkinson's; it was never very severe, but my beloved grandfather had a pretty serious tremor for all the years I knew him, so he may have suffered a mild form of Parkinson's -- but it was cancer that ultimately got him. :(

How wonderful that computers and communications have progressed to this stage that millions can *easily* contribute to such valuable research. :thumbs:

Andria

6. AndriaD

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    I have to temporarily be down... my stepfather has suffered a massive heart attack, so we're going to be staying with my mom tonight. I'm taking my new laptop AND my cablemodem, since they have comcast too, so hopefully I can get back online this afternoon with only a few hours downtime, but if for some reason that plan doesn't work, then I may not be back online until sometime tomorrow. But in the immortal words... I'LL BE BACK. :thumb:

Andria

7. AndriaD

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Well, as hoped, my cablemodem works as well with their comcast cable as with mine, so I'm back up, along with my f@h client. A whole new reason to love my new laptop!

Andria

8. AndriaD

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Woohoo, another milestone!

[​IMG]

Apparently I've done 28 work units already, and only been doing this for about a week. Cool! :thumb:

Andria

9. Deeo

Mar 19, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    Sorry to hear about your step father. I hope everything is better.

10. AndriaD

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Yes, he had the surgery yesterday (triple bypass) and came out of it very well; the doctor is very pleased with his progress so far. So now it'll just be a long recuperation and rehab, but thank god. My mom couldn't exist without him, and would probably have to live in a "home" without him to look after her, and she would hate that. No way she's living with me, that's for sure!!! :D

Andria

11. Deeo

Mar 19, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    Glad to hear he's doing well :)

12. AndriaD

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Woohoo! I went over 100k points this morning!

[​IMG]

Andria

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.