• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

My first milestone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Woohoo! I hit my first milestone today!

certAndriaD1090.jpg

Hope I get my title soon! :thumbs:

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I'm now just about to hit 4,000 points... and I see I finally got my title. :D Woohoo!

I'm so glad I finally got a computer that could do this -- I do keep in mind that the disease I may help to cure might be one that afflicts me or my loved ones, in years to come; AFAIK, there is zero incidence of Huntington's in any part of my family tree, but cancer and alzheimers, check, and possibly also Parkinson's; it was never very severe, but my beloved grandfather had a pretty serious tremor for all the years I knew him, so he may have suffered a mild form of Parkinson's -- but it was cancer that ultimately got him. :(

How wonderful that computers and communications have progressed to this stage that millions can *easily* contribute to such valuable research. :thumbs:

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I have to temporarily be down... my stepfather has suffered a massive heart attack, so we're going to be staying with my mom tonight. I'm taking my new laptop AND my cablemodem, since they have comcast too, so hopefully I can get back online this afternoon with only a few hours downtime, but if for some reason that plan doesn't work, then I may not be back online until sometime tomorrow. But in the immortal words... I'LL BE BACK. :thumb:

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Yes, he had the surgery yesterday (triple bypass) and came out of it very well; the doctor is very pleased with his progress so far. So now it'll just be a long recuperation and rehab, but thank god. My mom couldn't exist without him, and would probably have to live in a "home" without him to look after her, and she would hate that. No way she's living with me, that's for sure!!! :D

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread