Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Just ordered my first mod/tank:
Aspire X30 Rover Starter Kit | Includes Nautilus X Tank
All I have used so far are Aspire PockeX (AIO)... on my second one (gave old on to someone to help them quit cigs) Anyway, it a little mod with built-in battery and comes with an Aspire Nautilus X tank (same coils as my Pockex) It comes with 1.8 ohm coil, but hope I can also use the 0.6 ohm coils for the PockeX
One question, with mods (specifically this one ) When you set a wattage, then shut it off, does it keep the setting or do I have to set wattage every time? I hope not (that would be a PITA) How does this work with most mods, or are they all different?

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
Personally with the Zenith I think the 0.8 is the best all rounder - the 1.6 is a tighter draw and takes a bit longer to break in, but that's a personal preference thing... Both last for ages and are good choices

The 0.5 coils are pretty good at first, but fail on the coil life front for me, tried them several times and got 4 days use max (when using it as my main daily driver). Currently testing the 0.48 and seems pretty good so far but only had it in for 2 days so the jury's still out for me...

I tend to use 70 VG juice, ymmv if the juice is different, but for what it's worth all coils wick thicker juice well enough.

It's a great tank though! Really easy to use. There are other great MTL tanks out there for flavour but the Zenith is the one which has virtually no learning curve especially when it comes to changing coils. Sorry I didn't mean for this reply to be so long!

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
^^^ what he said.

I'm 100% pods these days but my choice of coil pack was the 1.6 at 11 watts.

The 0.5 is perfect for the EQ pod though.

To note, the 22mm version of the Zenith (called D22) is pretty close to the same size as the Nauti X only taller. So-called regular Zeniths are a bit wider than the Rover body. Shown in the photos is the regular size Zenith.

E47-C1-CAD-B25-E-4239-9639-F14-C0-D1795-C9.jpg

Note the ever-so slight overhang.

E0614-A34-5921-4-F94-A584-83-C3-D01-E663-C.jpg

At a glance it looks normal.

Happy vaping.

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    United States, Zenith looks great. What coils do you like best?

Going by what you prefer in the pockex - the 0.8ohm or 0.5ohm coils would suit you.' I absolutely love the 0.8ohm coil, but the 0.5ohm coil didn't get made until after I'd moved from the Zenith to Rtas

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I'm the person who likes the 1.8 coils I feel like they give the best all around flavor, I think the 0.8 is okay, but not that great, it definitely loses some flavor notes for me.

I an not a fan of the mesh or the 0.5 coil. I liked then both and then they both lost flavor within 2-4 days. I was not vaping high wattage either. Not bad flavor, but none. It was eerie. I actually kept the juice when I replaced them with the 1.6 coil and they STILL taste fantastic. The coils. And this was a long time ago.

But everyone's different, etc.

Anna

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Thank you Anna, I keep bouncing between the 0.6 and 1.2 ohm on my pockex... the 0.6 work better at first, but sort of poop out quick (keep in mind I have no wattage control) The 1.2 are fine and do well if I don't use too thick juices.
    I am so bummed! I didn't get the last one (rover kit) they were out of stock. Element is totally going to refund, but this was super important to me, and they should let you know when you order that it's out of stock. It's like if you called a shop out of town and they assure you they have something, so you drive 45 minutes just to find out "oh, I thought you said "bla bla bla"" and you basically wasted your time. This is like some bad you tube video where the guy runs out of juice (sorry for the rant) So... .... it, anyone know of a good deal on a kit with small mod and a zenith tank? Or any small mod and I'll still get the nauti x tank? I used someone's card and gave them cash... how long for the refund? This would normally not be a big deal, but right now I feel like I climbed up a long ladder (reaching for heaven) and someone just kicked the ladder out from under me (continuing rant) I have no back-up device and would have got my kit by tuesday (at the latest) and paid $8 shipping. Going to have a beer and put a new coil in the ol pockex... life goes on :(

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Yes, I want the Zenith tank and 0.8ohm coils. Haven't got the kit yet, but checked element and I seem to have ordered the last one! Good thing I didn't delay. Has anyone confirmed that the PockeX and Nautilus X coils are interchangable?

From what I've see, the pockex can only use the 0.6ohm and 1.2ohm coils, but you should be able to use the pockex coils in the Nautilus X

Pockex and Nautilus X coil compatibility

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thank you Anna, I keep bouncing between the 0.6 and 1.2 ohm on my pockex... the 0.6 work better at first, but sort of poop out quick (keep in mind I have no wattage control) The 1.2 are fine and do well if I don't use too thick juices.
    I am so bummed! I didn't get the last one (rover kit) they were out of stock. Element is totally going to refund, but this was super important to me, and they should let you know when you order that it's out of stock. It's like if you called a shop out of town and they assure you they have something, so you drive 45 minutes just to find out "oh, I thought you said "bla bla bla"" and you basically wasted your time. This is like some bad you tube video where the guy runs out of juice (sorry for the rant) So... .... it, anyone know of a good deal on a kit with small mod and a zenith tank? Or any small mod and I'll still get the nauti x tank? I used someone's card and gave them cash... how long for the refund? This would normally not be a big deal, but right now I feel like I climbed up a long ladder (reaching for heaven) and someone just kicked the ladder out from under me (continuing rant) I have no back-up device and would have got my kit by tuesday (at the latest) and paid $8 shipping. Going to have a beer and put a new coil in the ol pockex... life goes on :(

here's one at Element Vape - try and use your credit/refund

Innokin Kroma-A 75W & Zenith Tank Starter Kit | Vape Kits

Innokin Cool Fire Mini Zenith D22 Kit try using the coupon ECF for 10% off.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    AngeNZ, thanks... the first one is very cool (second one same price so why bother) Problem is the kit I wanted was originally also around $50 but on sale for $26... all I can afford (and I would also have to get extra coils for the zenith tank) At least I'm not desperate enough to get some cheap SMOK kit. I really like element and don't want to write them off, but will send a suggestion that they don't send an e-mail saying "order is ready to be shipped" and then I track it and it says "shipping label attached, ready to go to USPS"... so what, an empty box with a shipping label? (third rant, sorry)

the wind

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 12, 2012
    alabama
    Just ordered my first mod/tank:
    Aspire X30 Rover Starter Kit | Includes Nautilus X Tank
    All I have used so far are Aspire PockeX (AIO)... on my second one (gave old on to someone to help them quit cigs) Anyway, it a little mod with built-in battery and comes with an Aspire Nautilus X tank (same coils as my Pockex) It comes with 1.8 ohm coil, but hope I can also use the 0.6 ohm coils for the PockeX
    One question, with mods (specifically this one ) When you set a wattage, then shut it off, does it keep the setting or do I have to set wattage every time? I hope not (that would be a PITA) How does this work with most mods, or are they all different?
    i always hit youtube before i buy anything. hope you like it.:)

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
    I'm the person who likes the 1.8 coils I feel like they give the best all around flavor, I think the 0.8 is okay, but not that great, it definitely loses some flavor notes for me.

I an not a fan of the mesh or the 0.5 coil. I liked then both and then they both lost flavor within 2-4 days. I was not vaping high wattage either. Not bad flavor, but none. It was eerie. I actually kept the juice when I replaced them with the 1.6 coil and they STILL taste fantastic. The coils. And this was a long time ago.

But everyone's different, etc.

Anna

Also my experience. I'm testing the 0.48 coil at the moment and so far it is actually bearing up really well even under chain vape conditions. Its certainly beaten the plexus on longevity already but that's setting a low bar I suppose...

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I went ahead and ordered the Innokin EZ Watt 35W kit. Anyone have a perference between the 0.8 ohm and 1.5 ohm coils? I do MTL but have found lower ohm coils do better with thicker juices.

get 0.8ohm coils - and the kit is a goodie. Big step up from the pockex, you can have some control over wattage and I've used the t20s tank that comes with it - it's a good flavour tank.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I'm still bummed that the Aspire kit was out of stock, but it's nice to try a different brand (and different coils) I'm getting tired of the pockex.
    AngeNZ, where can I get a good deal on the 0.8 ohm coils (besides ebay)?

This looks to be your best bet. When you sign up there, a 15% discount is applied to your cart from a link in the welcome email

Innokin Prism S Replacement Vape Coils (5-Pk)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread