Status
Not open for further replies.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Let me start off by saying I can be very hard headed at times. I have used tanks for quite a while and finally decided to get a sub ohm unit. I picked up an Atlantis, used from a friend, and I enjoy it. I'm also cheap and hate buying coils. I have a Doge on a Vanilla, however, I can't be using a dripper when out and about. I like sub ohm and the flavor it gives me and I like building coils so I picked up a Kanger Subtank Mini. I started using the rebuildable deck and I kept getting dry hits. It was very aggravating and I was about to throw it out the window. I sat down this morning and started watching some youtube videos. Eye opening to say the least. I was using way too much wick. I rewicked with less and feathered it out and WOW!!! What a difference. Great flavor and no dry hits. Now if Atlantis could come out with a rebuildable deck I would be in heaven. Don't get me wrong, I love my Sub Mini as the flavor is better than the Atlantis but I also like variety, and the Atlantis allows me to use a different juice without the hassle of cleaning the tank and coil. Thanks for letting me blab. Vape on.

Vatic

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
Ohio
Rebuilding the heads for your atlantis is quite easy because they are so big. There are several youtube videos on it if you need some visual help. I've been rebuilding my stock Atlantis heads for nearly a year. They work great, you only have to pull out the cotton, give it a quick dry burn and then rewick it with a bit of new cotton every week or two and your good to go. My twisted coil is going on 3 months old. I also use ko Gen Do or Japanese cotton, a little more expensive but I can really taste the difference. Here are a few that I built,

Standard coil. 26g kanthal, 5 wraps around a 7/64th drill bit got me to .7ohms.
IMG_20150424_112408_716.jpg

Here is a 26g Twisted coil. .6ohms, I love it.

IMG_20150401_102840_011.jpg
IMG_20150401_102811_973.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread