My first staples - 8x.5x.1 wrapped with 34g all a1 kanthal, 3mm ID .16ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moezso

Nov 19, 2017
staples2.png

Moezso

Nov 19, 2017
Not bad for your first time. Staples are hands down my favorite build. It looks like you may have collapsed your cores though. Did you use something to hold your cores when you claptoned it?

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk
I took 4 strands and folded them in half, put the fold in the swivel, wrapped it with a little bit of 34g to keep em in place, ran my fingers down the edges until they were stacked nicely, then used a bit of masking tape on the drill end.

Reactions: stols001

Fudgey Finger

Moved On
Oct 31, 2017
I took 4 strands and folded them in half, put the fold in the swivel, wrapped it with a little bit of 34g to keep em in place, ran my fingers down the edges until they were stacked nicely, then used a bit of masking tape on the drill end.
You might want to try using a couple paperclips or something along the stack to keep it from collapsing. Also 34g is pretty thick for a staple. You have to use more pressure with 34g than say 40g and that pressure make a it really easy for your cores to collapse. Not trying to dump on your coil, it does look good.

• Useful

Moezso

Nov 19, 2017
You might want to try using a couple paperclips or something along the stack to keep it from collapsing. Also 34g is pretty thick for a staple. You have to use more pressure with 34g than say 40g and that pressure make a it really easy for your cores to collapse. Not trying to dump on your coil, it does look good.

Will definitely take those things into consideration for the next one, thanks for the pointers.

Yes, but how's the vape. Really nice for a first try, I must say :)

Anna
Nice dense clouds, brings out the notes of the Churrios I'm vaping on right now. ramp up and cool down isn't too bad, for the amount of metal in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread