My first truly awesome setup...an IGO-W dripping RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

holy_handgrenade

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Just got my IGO-W order from KidneyPuncher and had to play with the new toys.

Had to play with the coils, but used 28ga Kanthal A-1 4 wraps maybe about 3 inches of 3mm silica wick, doubled over on itself. Tested her out on the MM at .8ohms. Fired her up on the k100 and *beautiful* coil warming.

Just got a new shipment of liquids from HHV and oh my god, I'm in vaping heaven! Now I see what the fuss is about with the sub Ohm setups. Flavor is awesome, TH is enough to knock me out of my chair (still on 18mg nic) First time with any kind of dripping rba and it's amazing. Cant wait to try it dual coil.

Now I know what to shoot for flavor wise!

holy_handgrenade

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Ok, as requested, here's some pics

20130618_120000_resized.jpg 20130618_120113_resized.jpg 20130618_120130_resized.jpg

I believe this one is from china; you can see the UD IGO-W logo etched onto the top cap. This one came with only one airhole. I was told that there is a different version, or this was otherwise a mixup, and new top caps are being shipped with 2 airholes.

So for now, I'm just enjoying the single coil until the new cap comes in.

icyice

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2013
Cali

View attachment 222182 View attachment 222183 View attachment 222184

I believe this one is from china; you can see the UD IGO-W logo etched onto the top cap. This one came with only one airhole. I was told that there is a different version, or this was otherwise a mixup, and new top caps are being shipped with 2 airholes.

Ay man I have the exact same set up as we speak! Its nice huh?!

Nice purchase, but I am curious as to what batteries you are using, I need some new High Drain IMR batts and need the best!

steve0z

Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
FL

View attachment 222182 View attachment 222183 View attachment 222184

Your setup looks awesome...I Just ordered nearly the same stuff and can't wait to give it a try. Do you have any tips or tricks that are recommended?

DillPickles666

Moved On
Apr 23, 2013
Fresno CA
the one I have has only one airhole, but apparently that was a mixup - waiting for the new cap with 2 airholes. Was warned that this thing will eat through carbide bits.

I'll try and see about getting pics posted after I get home from work.

I drilled mine out x2 with a titanium bit at 5/64 and it didn't damage my drill bit at all. The steel is much easier to drill than the cap on my igo L, partially because it is much thinner than the L.

I'm just impressed with how HOT this atty vapes. .3 ohm dual coils always run hot, but this atty will heat up quicker than any other atty I've used.

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
Just pay attention to your battery's voltage. You should also look into high drain, high amp output batteries...sub ohm dual coil builds use a lot of power. Vape safe brother and welcome to the club! :)

Dude, you're not kidding.

Loving my IGO-W also, and the dual micro coils I'm rocking right now, but I think this is going to have to be an occasional treat.

I just ran an aw imr 18350 from 4.2v down to 3.8v in about 20 minutes. Earlier today I also accidentally ran one down to 2.8v before the vape got weak :facepalm:

edit - when I say weak I mean about as weak as it normally gets with a single .7ohm coil at around 3.6v. I need to learn more about batteries. Before I put that one on the charger it read ~3.15v.

Last edited:

Tartan

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2012
Richmond, VA
Got my igo-w a few days ago and I'm still tinkering with it.. This is my current setup.

For whatever reason they don't light up evenly.

20130816_005556.jpg

20130816_005615.jpg

20130815_231715.jpg

I can still make some pretty ship wrecking fog, then get punched in the face with flavour all the after the M. O. A. T. H. (motherofallthoathits)

P. S I drilled out the holes to 5/64 with a titanium bit.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
This is the coil setup and how the top cap configuration I currently am using

Don't you get a really airy draw with holes that big?
I just got one today, the guy at the store drilled out the holes to be a little bigger than they already were but now i find it's such as airy draw! The flavor is still good though. Can I tape one hole up-is that ok to do?
Also I see the OP said he is using 18mg nic juice. The guy at the store told me that using this I have to drop the nic down to more like 6mg or I will get too much nic, is that the case? Most of my juice is 18mg.
thanks.

EU6EN3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
red dot
Wow... Nice to see so many users for Igo-W. And some build are wicked.. My first RDA was a Igo-w too and it last me till today. Great dripper for a cheap price. The 510 thread also fits nicely onto any MOD. Love the screw top and holes drill into the pole for easy build. decent heighted well for juice collection. Double O-rings for better and tighter fits.

As for this Dripper, there are two version in the market produce by two suppliers - one air hole and two holes. Mine is the two holes and i have drill one side bigger into 2.5mm for better air draw.

The downside that i can think of is it doesn't flush with the MOD which leave a gap of 0.5mm between the two. And the bottom O-ring tend to wears off faster due to pull and push action of refilling of juice. (Is much much easier to pull off the cap than the tip)

Its single coil brother Igo-L dun seem to works as well and the 510 thread sucks, It came off after a few turns. (This is due to the supplier's manufacturing). Instead of throwing it away i recycle the cap and place it on my Igo-w giving it a more smoother rounder edge.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread