My fuchai 213

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Open up, clean with board cleaner n ultrasound .....

It work for a while but fail again after 1-2hour, power up button stuck (straight adjust to 150w n other button cant press), leave the mod as it and battery completely drain, can tell that fire button work on it own .... Even it reach 150w ....
20180430_190618.jpg

Thinking of removing that button, any advice ?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
honest, i love the size of fuchai that capable of 21700 ..... is kind of slim.
i was referring more to the concept of throwing my mod in a water bath. I suppose it will work. there isn't any soft parts i can see. there is the worry that the sonic cleaning itself will mess something up ignoring the whole make-sure-its-totally-dry thing involved in such ventures. If the thing is already broken though i suppose it cant hurt and might even help

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
i was referring more to the concept of throwing my mod in a water bath. I suppose it will work. there isn't any soft parts i can see. there is the worry that the sonic cleaning itself will mess something up ignoring the whole make-sure-its-totally-dry thing involved in such ventures. If the thing is already broken though i suppose it cant hurt and might even help
no worry mate i done a lot of time, it can't get short circuit :) is a board and chip, no capacitor n nothing :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Wow, that's the first time I've seen someone give their board a bath. I'm assuming it's out of warranty and etc., but if not, well, IDK if dunking the board is necessarily the best thing to do, in a lot of ways.

With that said, if it's out of warranty and unusable, I guess you'd have nothing to lose. I will say, depending on which board is in your mod, the board manufacturer might be able to repair the board itself, for somewhat less expense that replacing the mod entirely, I'd think. However, I don't have that setup, so I don't necessarily know that it's the board that is giving the grief. It might be, or it might be something else.

Best of luck moving forward. I hope your "fix" solves the issue. :)

Anna

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Wow, that's the first time I've seen someone give their board a bath. I'm assuming it's out of warranty and etc., but if not, well, IDK if dunking the board is necessarily the best thing to do, in a lot of ways.

With that said, if it's out of warranty and unusable, I guess you'd have nothing to lose. I will say, depending on which board is in your mod, the board manufacturer might be able to repair the board itself, for somewhat less expense that replacing the mod entirely, I'd think. However, I don't have that setup, so I don't necessarily know that it's the board that is giving the grief. It might be, or it might be something else.

Best of luck moving forward. I hope your "fix" solves the issue. :)

Anna
actually this is right way to clean board and chips (but beware of capacitor board) ..... :)
i won this on auction site early jan (basically is 30 day warranty only).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread