• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

My Handfasting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
Here it is. All 22 minutes worth LOL. I worked with my hubby and friend who officiated for us to make this a special not too pagan ceremony and it involved each of our kids instead of leaving them out. The fun part was that our daughter was 2 and she would not be held so she ran around the altar and stole the show.

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]August 08,2008[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]On behalf of Dave and Jackie, I would like to thank you all for coming and the effort you have taken to make this day truly memorable. We have come together here in celebration of the spiritual union between David and Jacqueline.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Marriage is a bond to be entered into only after considerable thought and reflection. As with any aspect of life, it has its cycles, its ups and downs, its trials and triumphs. With full understanding of this, David and Jacqueline have come here today to be joined as one in this sacred union.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]~Blessing~[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]We ask for the elements of creation to bestow their blessings upon this marriage.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Please repeat after me:[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Like thoughts carried on the wind, let our wisdom guide us.[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif](Couple repeats together)[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]As a flame burning bright, let our passion warm us. [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif](Couple repeats together) [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]As a river to the sea, let our love flow between us. [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]And like the Earth firm beneath our feet, let our strength carry us. [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]~Hand fasting~[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]The bride and groom have chosen a to make a traditional hand fasting a part of their ceremony today. In times of old, not every village or town had a church or synagogue. The union of a couple was celebrated by the joining of their hands over the village anvil, in the fields, or in the groves of trees. They linked their hands together, to form an infinity circle, symbolizing the entirety of the universe represented in their relationship. Today we build and renew this tradition. [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]David and Jacqueline, please join hands in the infinity circle.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Know now before you go further, that since your lives have crossed you have formed ties between each other. With full awareness and in sacred space you declare your love and vows before friends, family, and Creator. The promises you make today and the ties that bind you together greatly strengthen your union; may they hold you in happiness for many years to come. [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Do you still seek to enter this ceremony?[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif](Couple together) We do[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Repeat after me:[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]My hand in yours, your hand in mine[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif](Couple repeats together and cord is tied)[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Full trust in thee I place[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Nor should we ever break this vow[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Made in sacred space[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]~Vows~[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Do you David take Jacqueline to be your wife,[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]To be her constant friend,[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Her partner in life, and her true love?[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Do you promise to love her without reservation,[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Honor and respect her,[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Protect her from harm,[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Comfort her in times of distress,[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]And to grow with her in mind and spirit?[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif](David) I do[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Do you Jacqueline take David to be your husband,[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]To be his constant friend,[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]His partner in life, and his true love?[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Do you promise to love him without reservation,[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Honor and respect him,[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Protect him from harm,[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Comfort him in times of distress,[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]And grow with him in mind and spirit?[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif](Jacqueline) I do[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Before this gathering and myself, David and Jacqueline have sworn these vows to each other. May the Creator bless this union, protect it and keep it sacred. [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif](Cords are placed on the alter)[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]~Rings~[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]The ring is a symbol of eternity with no beginning and no end, may these rings also be a symbol of your commitment, your love, and your vows to one another. [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]David repeat after me:[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]I offer you this ring, as a sign of my love, [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif](David repeats)[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]As a symbol, that from this day forward, you will not walk alone;[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]My heart will be your shelter, my arms your home. [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]With this ring I thee wed.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Jacqueline repeat after me:[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]I offer you this ring, as a sign of my love, [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif](Jacqueline repeats)[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]As a symbol, that from this day forward, you will not walk alone;[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif](Jacquline repeats)[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]My heart will be your shelter, my arms your home. [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]With this ring I thee wed.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]~Unity Candle~[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Marriage is a union between two people whose love for one another has grown to mean they want to share their lives. When these bonds are forged they touch the lives of our friends and families as well. As a symbol of the love and support of their families Jacqueline and David will now light the unity candle, two separate flames will become one.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif](The family members of each give a lit taper to light the unity candle) [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif](The couple lights the candle together)[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif](David presents his gift to Jackie's kids ) I welcome you to my family[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif](Jacqueline presents her gift to Ellen and Noah) I welcome you to my family[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif](David and Jacqueline both present their give to their daughter) [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]With the stars in the sky above us, and the earth and the oceans below[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]With your friends and family around you[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]May your love ever grow[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]This bond of marriage surrounds you[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]A circle that was cast[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]May it ever hold you[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]As long as your love shall last[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]I now pronounce you husband and wife. David, you may kiss your bride.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]The broom jumping [/FONT]
“[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Brooms are used for cleaning and sweeping. Therefore that they are used to symbolize the sweeping away the remnants of the past which no longer serve us is appropriate. The sword symbolizes the wielding of power and personal responsibility. As the Bride and Groom jump they are reminded that remaining vigilant over these aspects of the day to day shall help them to achieve the quality of life that they aspire to. ____ and ____ will you now lay down the Sword and Broom”
Maid of Honor lays down Broom
Best Man crosses it with the sword
“Now putting the past behind you,
and remembering always that the power to create the future ahead of you is your own, jump together into your common future!”
Couple jump, kiss again, and exit to greet their guests
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread